Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 05:06 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,538,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Thank you, and this is EXACTLY why S & F MUST stop.

Just by de Blasio stopping S&F, gets my vote.

I wouldn't vote for anyone with credits of MTA, they have been ripping us off for decades, and still cant get their finances together.

De Blasio will NOT stop S&F, nor will Thompson. The only one who promised that is Liu, who we have forgotten about.

What the two Bills stated was intelligent/strategic use of S&F. Given that both men have black sons they know full well that dealing with gang bangers is as important as dealing with out of control cop commanders who force cops to meet S&F quotas.

I was talking to some one who does work with the gangs. He said that the guys do not walk around with guns, They stash them close by so when they need them the guns are readily accessable. I can also bet that those guys can spot a plain clothes cop and so disappear when they see them.

Then we wonder why only 1% of the stops result in gun seizures even though there are thousands of illegal guns in the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietrang View Post

BTW, I think it was Dante that caused DeBlasio to take off on the polls. He stated the case quite well in the adds and put forth a view of his father that many New Yorkers didn't have before.
Now I would think that any father would be proud to have a son as articulate and poised as Dante. But the resident racists only s ee a black boy so ridicule him.

Dont worry. In a year or two he will be after your daughters.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
You're wrong! It's based on not the color of the skin or how they "look" but the content of their character.is what it is.

I bet if you saw Dante walking at night you will stop and frisk him.

Over 90% of the stops do not result in further action, and I doubt that many of the worst kinds of gang bangers are even caught.

Just boys like Dante, who will then wonder why, given that they definitely arent doing anything wrong.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Aaaaaand there it is. The race card.

good sir...

Well if the resident racists play that card why I am wrong in letting them know that I am seeing it?

Old 08-29-2013, 05:17 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,215,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Well if the resident racists play that card why I am wrong in letting them know that I am seeing it?

Well first of all, you're addressing me since I made that post with de Blasio's kid. So address me and call me racist straight out.

Ok now that you have, how am I being racist and/or played any race card? I'll wait...

Old 08-29-2013, 09:55 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by high iron View Post
Anyone but @#$% Quinn. I'll vote against her in the primary, and if she wins it I'll vote for the Republican, much as I hate them.
Same here.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:58 PM

19,046 posts, read 13,959,968 times
Lol. Yeah it's kids like Dante getting stopped. Good one. They might look a little like him, but just because they weren't doing anything right then doesn't make them Dante.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:17 AM

4,840 posts, read 9,916,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Now I would think that any father would be proud to have a son as articulate and poised as Dante. But the resident racists only s ee a black boy so ridicule him.

Dont worry. In a year or two he will be after your daughters.
I think he looks ridiculous because of his humongous afro. I guess every black kid is suppose to have one, right?

Old 08-30-2013, 05:26 AM

9,247 posts, read 24,077,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Yeah, there's an idea...vote for a person on how they look instead of their policies. Good one bluedog. And you said you're a school teacher? Hmmmm.
I didn't say he was ugly and I wouldn't vote for him because he is ugly or that he is white and I wouldn't vote for him because he is white. It's the "content of his character" that comes out in his face.If a dude looks angry and shifty all the time and all the tell tale signs are there,maybe,just maybe dude is an angry,shifty person and why vote for him?

It's all about the "content of his character". I should be a cop because I am really good at judging the content of people's character by looking at them.I'd know exactly who to stop and frisk.

Last edited by bluedog2; 08-30-2013 at 05:35 AM..

Old 08-30-2013, 06:29 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,244,838 times
We gotta stop acting like Liberal is a curse word. Yeah I'm liberal, so what?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City