Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2013, 10:38 PM

17,876 posts, read 15,762,417 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFtQvf7kjU8

John Fat-Cat-simatidis insults one profession to stick up for another. This really is an issue. If politicians can insult one profession, how do you think the general public feels? It is not fair. Mall cops are people trying to earn ends meet same as everyone else. They are not lesser people for doing what they do for a living.

Are we just going to target mall cops and not go after any other profession too? Probably not, and that will be a bad example for the next generations. They cannot think some professions are beneath them, and think anyone in those professions are sub-standard. That would not be good for society. We will have one side elitist, and the other a disenfranchised segment who work in certain sectors.

Okay, maybe I am making a huge deal for nothing, but this is a politician's ad. He should know better if he wants to be our leader. sorry just posted the vid

Last edited by NJ Brazen_3133; 08-30-2013 at 10:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 09:46 AM

10,915 posts, read 31,272,372 times
Joe Lhota was the one who made the mall cop comment, whereas the Catsimaditis campaign is using it against him as all politicians do with the opposition. I do agree that it is outrageous that Lhota would make such a comment.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dai...e-lhotas-mall-

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 08-31-2013, 01:00 PM

17,876 posts, read 15,762,417 times
by the way when is the election again?

Old 08-31-2013, 02:34 PM

15,488 posts, read 15,468,958 times
I'll admit I didn't see the ad, but offhand I don't see a problem with it, just like I didn't see a problem with a president announcing that he didn't like broccoli.

What I think is a far more serious problem is the way that the news fastens on gaffes and scandals and polls, without ever discussing the actual issues.

Old 08-31-2013, 10:33 PM

518 posts, read 822,599 times
He is too fat to be mayor. And he's got that sex scandal thing with Carrie Fisher.

Last edited by Taxi guy; 08-31-2013 at 10:35 PM.. Reason: error

Old 09-01-2013, 07:22 AM

25,345 posts, read 36,873,455 times
Yep,

That's a good likeness of Catsimatidis, Taxi Guy.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:04 AM

25,345 posts, read 36,873,455 times
I got the picture immediately after he ate Carrie Fischer:

Old 09-01-2013, 09:06 AM

2,517 posts, read 4,241,649 times
I find it funny that people (democrats) are willing to overlook, forgive and give a "second chance" on Anthony Weiner, a democrat, before it was discovered he sexted again yet the very same people are quick to condemn the "mall cop" statement which is NOT a big deal. Anything to bash and discredit a republican from taking office and improving the city. And then the very same people b**ch and cry about paying high taxes which democrats love to raise yet republicans hate high taxes and big government. Go figure.

And as a reminder to the low information voters...the bigger the government is, the more and more tax dollars are required to sustain it. The bigger the pig gets, the more food is required to feed it. Knowing those facts, it's beyond me why one would ever vote for a party that supports big government and high taxes. Wake up people! Voting for a democrat is a vote to raise your taxes. If you don't mind paying high taxes then the democrat party is for you.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I got the picture immediately after he ate Carrie Fischer:
It is a remarkable likeness, the chins are identical, but I fear. Will I be accused of Huttphobia?

Old 09-01-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
I find it funny that people (democrats) are willing to overlook, forgive and give a "second chance" on Anthony Weiner, a democrat, before it was discovered he sexted again yet the very same people are quick to condemn the "mall cop" statement which is NOT a big deal. Anything to bash and discredit a republican from taking office and improving the city. And then the very same people b**ch and cry about paying high taxes which democrats love to raise yet republicans hate high taxes and big government. Go figure.

And as a reminder to the low information voters...the bigger the government is, the more and more tax dollars are required to sustain it. The bigger the pig gets, the more food is required to feed it. Knowing those facts, it's beyond me why one would ever vote for a party that supports big government and high taxes. Wake up people! Voting for a democrat is a vote to raise your taxes. If you don't mind paying high taxes then the democrat party is for you.
Lhota is dealing with grief from fellow Republicans, not Democrats, at the moment for his stupid remark. He is running in a Republican Primary in which Democrats have no say in the outcome. Johnny Cats, currently a Republican, is the one spending big bucks to castigate Lhota for his insensitive remark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City