Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2013, 03:23 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,401,825 times

Advertisements

why make an issue out of hate when you think and
act the same way behind closed doors and on the
internet?

you're afraid to act on your hate tho, because
you just want to slyly express it here tho,
right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 03:55 PM

19,039 posts, read 13,955,559 times
Based on the above post, I am fairly certain that you do not understand how criminal law works or what the 1st Amendment says.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:19 PM

259 posts, read 368,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
After conviction, death by firing squad in a relatively short period of time should be an option though. Regularly and for other crimes also.
What's wrong with lethal injection?

Old 09-11-2013, 05:43 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,282,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
Video: Man Allegedly Screaming "I Hate White People" Attacked Three In Union Square: Gothamist, The victim is brain dead and gonna die.

Brooklyn man may be brain dead after unprovoked hate attack in Union Square
A black man shouted 'I'm going to punch the first white man I see!' before bashing Jeffrey Babbitt, 62, who fell backward and hit his head on the ground. 'The prognosis is not good and it does appear that the victim will likely die,' Manhattan Assistant District Attorney John Temple said.
By Shayna Jacobs AND Thomas Tracy / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Saturday, September 7, 2013, 9:39 AM

Jeffrey Babbitt of Brooklyn was left in a coma Wednesday after a man randomly attacked him in Union Square.

A black man yelled ā€œIā€™m going to punch the first white man I see!ā€ moments before he dropped an innocent man with a haymaker in Union Square, putting the victim in a coma, authorities said.

Jeffrey Babbitt, 62, who is white, happened to be visiting Union Square about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday when Lashawn Marten bashed him with a fist of racist rage, police sources said.

Moderator cut: Copyright issue: A snip and a link, please.
The victim has died. This is not national news because Barack Obama does not want it to be national news. His recent speeches to the populace have clearly shown him to be of the stance that if a black man does something that would be considered racist if committed by someone of another race, then by virtue of it being committed by a black man it is therefore -not- racist.

Old 09-11-2013, 05:46 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryanise View Post
That is too merciful, too sterile. If found guilty, and I mean ZERO doubt, a murderer must be dealt with harshly. You have to make the thought of committing such an act so uncomfortable, so frightening that the thought will not enter your head. Lethal injection is too easy, firing squad is actually pretty humane but it's better. My ideas, well lets just say I'm a God fearing man, somethings are better left unsaid. Criminals are lucky I am not in charge...

Old 09-11-2013, 06:08 PM

268 posts, read 480,896 times
Thanks to organizations like the ACLU... murderers have rights, too.

Pysses me off

Old 09-11-2013, 06:20 PM

19,039 posts, read 13,955,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryanise View Post
I like guns.

Seriously though, I was playing off of what Available had said: drag him into a field and shoot him.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:50 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,401,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Based on the above post, I am fairly certain that you do not understand how criminal law works or what the 1st Amendment says.
I guess you think you're right.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:24 PM

195 posts, read 304,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Here's my issue: Obama, Holder, etc were so quick to get involved with the Martin-Zimmerman case and make all sorts of stupid statements like "If I had a son ...". Now the shoe is on the other foot and it's total silence.

What do you think the result would be if a White man jumped up and said "I am going to beat the first n----r I see" and then proceeded to beat a Black man to death? There would be complete outrage from every politician across the land, Obama would be on TV saying "That could have been me", Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would be doing their usual "no justice, no peace" routine, and Attorney General Holder would be ordering the FBI and DOJ to do whatever they can to lock this guy up for the rest of his life. There would be non-stop 24/7 news coverage and the talking heads would be inciting a race riot.
Holder I can't speak on, but I do know for a fact that it was weeks after the incident happened before President Obama made any statement on the issue. Factually, it was in response to an off topic question during a press release to announce his nomination as te Workd Bank president. I'm not understandin how the similarities between the Zimmerman-Martin tragedy and this blatantly random act of violence could warrant the POTUS comments. One was a tragedy that was committed by a coherent and mentally sound adult male that resulted in the death of a minor, was picked up by every major news outlet, swept the entire nation making all of america discuss race relations. The other, while no less tragic, was a blatantly random act of violence committed by a person that is almost certainly mentally ill and resulted in the serious injury of another adult (yes he is brain dead and he prognosis is death, but he is still technically alive).

To answer your question would the president address the issue if it were a black victim, I don't think he would. If he was hesitant to even respond to the Martin death I'm sure he wouldn't hop in this unless prodded. Now I do believe the news would pick it up and try to reignite the race relations debate. Which makes me wonder why Fox didn't hop all over this one...

Old 09-11-2013, 10:36 PM

195 posts, read 304,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
The victim has died. This is not national news because Barack Obama does not want it to be national news. His recent speeches to the populace have clearly shown him to be of the stance that if a black man does something that would be considered racist if committed by someone of another race, then by virtue of it being committed by a black man it is therefore -not- racist.
I'm fairly certain...like 100% certain that Obama does not control what is in the media. If the president could dont you think Bush would have been a much better public speaker and the world would have no idea who Monica Lewinsky is. Please humor me and point me in the direction of said recent speeches, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City