Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2013, 09:57 AM

414 posts, read 537,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobBarley View Post
It's nice to see white people finally start to speak out and stand up for themselves..

I knew that there would very soon come a time when whites were going to be fed up with being called racists.. and get tired of continuously being disrespected and harrased by blacks.

Sorry, black folk... white people are tired of it and they're not going to take it anymore.
poor ****ing you (im white btw)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 10:00 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,837 times
Are you stupid? I'm talking about widespread, 24/7 national coverage. Just like Trayvon/Zimmerman. You ask most people about the 2 cases I listed you will get a dumbfounded look. Ask about Trayvon and everyone knows what your talking about. Don't think your a smarta**, the poster above you had no clue what I was talking about. CNN runs the story a couple times then buries it, that doesn't qualify as national coverage and outrage. You know exactly what is meant in this thread yet you decide to cite a couple of news reports, come on man don't play games. A Google search after the fact doesn't justify your argument.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Are you stupid? I'm talking about widespread, 24/7 national coverage. Just like Trayvon/Zimmerman. You ask most people about the 2 cases I listed you will get a dumbfounded look. Ask about Trayvon and everyone knows what your talking about. Don't think your a smarta**, the poster above you had no clue what I was talking about. CNN runs the story a couple times then buries it, that doesn't qualify as national coverage and outrage. You know exactly what is meant in this thread yet you decide to cite a couple of news reports, come on man don't play games. A Google search after the fact doesn't justify your argument.
the outrage was there because zimmerman killed someone and got off
criminals u mentioned were caught and justice was served, whats the point of 24/7 coverage? u dont see the difference?
and who cares if they heard it or not, u claimed there was no national coverage and u were proven wrong, i personally heard both these stories u mentioned at the time they happened, and what is meant in this thread is a racist undertone tryin to imply that blacks attacking whites is not covered enough when it is

Old 09-12-2013, 10:15 AM

268 posts, read 480,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronkc View Post
poor ****ing you (im white btw)

Old 09-12-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:
the outrage was there because zimmerman killed someone and got off
criminals u mentioned were caught and justice was served, whats the point of 24/7 coverage? u dont see the difference?
and who cares if they heard it or not, u claimed there was no national coverage and u were proven wrong, i personally heard both these stories u mentioned at the time they happened, and what is meant in this thread is a racist undertone tryin to imply that blacks attacking whites is not covered enough when it is
You proved nothing. Ask 10 people about those cases and see what you get. Zimmerman never should have been in a trial, there was no evidence. That's why he walked in the first place, they had nothing on him back then. National coverage affects national conscience, and they do that by bashing you over the head with coverage. The cases I stated were not covered that way.
You knew about it cause your probably like me, well read and interested in events around the country. The average moron is concerned with Justin Beiber and the Kardashians. The stories we know about will never reach the sheep, but Trayvon will, that's my point.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
You proved nothing. Ask 10 people about those cases and see what you get. Zimmerman never should have been in a trial, there was no evidence. That's why he walked in the first place, they had nothing on him back then. National coverage affects national conscience, and they do that by bashing you over the head with coverage. The cases I stated were not covered that way.
You knew about it cause your probably like me, well read and interested in events around the country. The average moron is concerned with Justin Beiber and the Kardashians. The stories we know about will never reach the sheep, but Trayvon will, that's my point.
zimmerman case was covered more cuz its controversial
cases u mentioned are not, its simple, murder, punishment-done, jus like thousands of other cases that happen every day, nobody had a disagreement whether the suspects should get punished or not, unlike the whole stand your ground premise, which is controversial to begin with
there isnt much to discuss with cases u mentioned, as bad as they are, sh1t happens, as long as justice is served, its not such a big deal, now if police failed to catch em or let em go or they were found not guilty, thats another thing cuz then justice isnt served and its fd up

Old 09-12-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
zimmerman case was covered more cuz its controversial
cases u mentioned are not, its simple, murder, punishment-done, jus like thousands of other cases that happen every day, nobody had a disagreement whether the suspects should get punished or not, unlike the whole stand your ground premise, which is controversial to begin with
there isnt much to discuss with cases u mentioned, as bad as they are, sh1t happens, as long as justice is served, its not such a big deal, now if police failed to catch em or let em go or they were found not guilty, thats another thing cuz then justice isnt served and its fd up
Stand your ground was never used in the Zimmerman case. Simple self defense was. That's the problem, media kept drilling SYG, and people believed it. It was never part of the defense, therefore the media once again shapes opinion. Self defense + no evidence to counter = not guilty.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Stand your ground was never used in the Zimmerman case. Simple self defense was. That's the problem, media kept drilling SYG, and people believed it. It was never part of the defense, therefore the media once again shapes opinion. Self defense + no evidence to counter = not guilty.
wrong, SYG instructions were given to the jury and clearly affected their decision, u cant jus use deadly self defense with a gun outside your home with regular self defense laws
Juror: We talked Stand Your Ground before not-guilty Zimmerman verdict - Zimmerman Case - MiamiHerald.com
Zimmerman Juror Says Panel Considered Stand Your Ground In Deliberations: 'He Had A Right To Defend Himself' | ThinkProgress
Juror B37 mentioned Stand Your Ground a second time of her own accord, saying the jury ultimately made its not-guilty verdict Saturday night based on the evidence and “because of the heat of the moment and the Stand Your Ground.”

Old 09-12-2013, 11:32 AM

Liberal site, npr.com agrees with me. Countless other sites as well.
The SYG instructions are part of any self defense case instructions in Florida but SYG itself does not apply, it had NOTHING to do with case.

'Stand Your Ground' Laws Under Scrutiny Post-Zimmerman Verdict : It's All Politics : NPR.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:36 AM

Sorry, the Zimmerman Case Still Has Nothing to Do With 'Stand Your Ground' - Hit & Run : Reason.com

That language is part of the standard jury instruction*[3.6(f)] in cases where the defendant claims his use of deadly force was justified. But it is hard to see how it applies to the facts of this case, since Zimmerman claimed he was unable to retreat and therefore did not base his defense on the right to stand your ground. The fact that a legal provision was mentioned in the instructions does not necessarily mean it was relevant in reaching a verdict. For example, the instructions also mentioned accidental killings and attacks on dwellings, neither of which applies to the circumstances of the encounter between Zimmerman and Martin. *
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City