Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2013, 05:03 PM

581 posts, read 1,241,550 times

Advertisements

This thread is still going on?

What d hell does a man has to do if he sees a female he likes and wants to talk to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 05:21 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,833,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehouse View Post

What d hell does a man has to do if he sees a female he likes and wants to talk to?
He must ask her first : "Would you mind if I like you"?

Old 09-19-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
he must ask her first : "would you mind if i like you"?

lmao.

Old 09-19-2013, 05:28 PM

1,152 posts, read 2,135,888 times
It's freedom of speech. Feeling uncomfortable isn't police worthy. Now if they were following and harassing, that's different. But making comments about you? Pretty much harmless.

Old 09-19-2013, 05:37 PM

This lady should to happy someone actually sees her and finds her attractive.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:19 PM

1,431 posts, read 2,610,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skilldeadly View Post
It's freedom of speech. Feeling uncomfortable isn't police worthy. Now if they were following and harassing, that's different. But making comments about you? Pretty much harmless.
No one said it should be illegal. Just because something is legal doesn't mean it can't be criticized.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:56 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,281,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April_in_September2013 View Post
I put on my "game" face too, but lately I've become irate after recently experiencing a very dangerous encounter. I was jogging with my headphones and didn't realize that one guy started jogging with me. As soon as I saw him approaching, I quickly moved, but he had already reached out and grabbed my arm. I screamed, LET GO Of MY ARM, GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!!!!!!!!!! and quickly ran in the opposite direction. That experience really unnerved me, because these guys are possibly capable of taking it a step further and that's why some type of intervention is needed.
I gotta keep it real with you sista, but you sound like a paranoid Becky from the suburbs (predatory black guys huh ). That dude was probably reaching for your arm to try to get your attention since you had headphones on. You really should toughen up a bit and develop some street smarts.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:42 PM

916 posts, read 2,240,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehouse View Post

Master Cesar Millan saids there should be no eye contact, no talking, and no touching the first time. You
should ignore her like she's not there first, and then move side way towards her, once your are next to
her, your turn your butt towards her, let her smell your butt and be the submissive one instead of the
dominant one. And then you can do other things if everything goes well. That's how you should behave if
you are well trained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorofnyc View Post
I gotta keep it real with you sista, but you sound like a paranoid Becky from the suburbs (predatory black guys huh ). That dude was probably reaching for your arm to try to get your attention since you had headphones on. You really should toughen up a bit and develop some street smarts.
President obama saids that's crossing the red line. Even though I disagree with other things she saids, but
you can't just grab a stranger's arm(especially women) just because you want her attention. You can say
something nice or wave, but touching is a big no no unless she is someone you know.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:41 PM

259 posts, read 367,631 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by mayorofnyc

I gotta keep it real with you sista, but you
sound like a paranoid Becky from the suburbs (predatory black guys huh ). That dude was probably reaching for your arm to try to get your
attention since you had headphones on. You really should toughen up a bit and
develop some street smarts.
I have to say I sympathize with the OP...and I'm no "paranoid Becky"; I'm from Crown Heights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydata View Post

President obama saids that's crossing the red line. Even though I disagree with other things she saids, but
you can't just grab a stranger's arm(especially women) just because you want her attention. You can say
something nice or wave, but touching is a big no no unless she is someone you know.
That is what bothers me along with people trying to invalidate the OP's experience. We also don't or can assume that the man who reached out and touched her meant well or was mentally ill...not that it matters.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:34 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,281,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydata View Post
Master Cesar Millan saids there should be no eye contact, no talking, and no touching the first time. You
should ignore her like she's not there first, and then move side way towards her, once your are next to
her, your turn your butt towards her, let her smell your butt and be the submissive one instead of the
dominant one. And then you can do other things if everything goes well. That's how you should behave if
you are well trained.

I seriously doubt that it went down like that. Obviously it's hard to hear someone calling you if you got music blasting in your ear, so reaching over to tap someone on the arm or shoulder in order to get their attention is perfectly normal in that scenario. Trust me, I've done it with numerous women I didn't know and I rarely got a negative reaction. She's just one of those girls that has weird views on men based on a few limited encounters that she likely blew out of proportion. Remember most guys are too chicken to talk to girls out in public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City