Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 09:46 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,835,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
].His wife has set up a fundraising page if anyone is interested in contributing.According to the article she hasn't raised much so far.
[/url]
Shes asking for $2,000 to travel to New York. Geez I knew the train was expensive but let's be real.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:01 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,132,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Shes asking for $2,000 to travel to New York. Geez I knew the train was expensive but let's be real.
The Facebook page is pathetic. I didn't see where she is asking for $2000 but there's some other choice stuff on there. There's one post that says: "This video isn't from the BEGINNING where they were trying to tell the Range Rover to let them pass together."

Oh, so now when you're in a group of 30 bikes on the highway, surrounding an SUV on all sides acting like a swarm of bees and deliberately swerving in front of it and then stopping short is equivalent to telling the Range Rover to let them pass together? No, actually, it's aggressive and reckless driving.

And maybe someone should tell the owners of the FB page that it's not exactly the best medium for a support site when hundreds or thousands of people in the country are pissed off at the criminal behavior during this incident and want to express themselves. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justi...11664345601619

Old 10-01-2013, 10:05 PM

206 posts, read 223,642 times
they seem to be handling it pretty well, considering he's paralyzed.

this almost seems like a movie plot in some ways, they'll probably make a movie based on it at some point. the SUV driver will be packing in the movie though, probably. Or he'll be doing some crazy stuff driving, running over these bikers.

I wouldn't mind seeing that, to be honest. LOL

I wonder what this Asian's guys face looks like. I am kind of surprised he was able to get out of the hospital so quickly. He's probably going to have to go witness protection for rest of his life b/c these guys are dangerous.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:09 PM

414 posts, read 537,723 times
everyone needs to reserve judgement until all facts come out
the paralyzed guy coulda been jus in the way and got ran over jus cuz he was in the way while other bikers were doing the assault, we don kno if he was one of the attackers yet, hopefully he was cuz otherwise its fd up

Old 10-01-2013, 10:21 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,132,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronkc View Post
everyone needs to reserve judgement until all facts come out
the paralyzed guy coulda been jus in the way and got ran over jus cuz he was in the way while other bikers were doing the assault, we don kno if he was one of the attackers yet, hopefully he was cuz otherwise its fd up
He was part of a bunch of thugs whose MO seems to be to intimidate and harass other drivers and possibly pedestrians that cross their paths. Does this mean he deserves to be paralyzed? Of course not.

One thing we don't need any more information about in order to make a judgment is that he wasn't too bright when it comes to highway safety. If an accident happens on a highway and you want to go help the person (as his family is claiming) who might have been injured, you don't stop your vehicle IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HIGHWAY in order to go "help." You pull your vehicle off onto the shoulder and then go help if it's safe to do so. Sorry, the guy's a moron. Although just being a moron doesn't mean you deserve to get paralyzed either.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:25 PM

414 posts, read 537,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
He was part of a bunch of thugs whose MO seems to be to intimidate and harass other drivers and possibly pedestrians that cross their paths. Does this mean he deserves to be paralyzed? Of course not.

One thing we don't need any more information about in order to make a judgment is that he wasn't too bright when it comes to highway safety. If an accident happens on a highway and you want to go help the person (as his family is claiming) who might have been injured, you don't stop your vehicle IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HIGHWAY in order to go "help." You pull your vehicle off onto the shoulder and then go help if it's safe to do so. Sorry, the guy's a moron. Although just being a moron doesn't mean you deserve to get paralyzed either.
and thats the point
otherwise half of nyc should be paralyzed cuz of how they drive and behave in general

Old 10-01-2013, 10:25 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,030,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Where is she based in?

Old 10-01-2013, 10:27 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,030,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goeffrey View Post
they seem to be handling it pretty well, considering he's paralyzed.

this almost seems like a movie plot in some ways, they'll probably make a movie based on it at some point. the SUV driver will be packing in the movie though, probably. Or he'll be doing some crazy stuff driving, running over these bikers.

I wouldn't mind seeing that, to be honest. LOL

I wonder what this Asian's guys face looks like. I am kind of surprised he was able to get out of the hospital so quickly. He's probably going to have to go witness protection for rest of his life b/c these guys are dangerous.
It'll be like "Shoot 'em Up" minus Clive Owen & Paul Giamatti but with bikes & fat chicks with whale tails hanging off a bike's rear end.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:56 PM

916 posts, read 2,246,801 times
I'm not rich by any means, but I'm gladly donated some money to the 43 yrs father who was
paralyzed after diving in a creek to save a young child few months ago when I read the news.
It's not much, but I think good deeds should be encouraged no matter how little we can contribute.

As for this biker guy, I rather wipe my butt with my money then donate them to support these
type of people. Their anti-social and dangerous behaviour should be discouraged not supported,
unless we want more incidents like these in the future. You can even see many good bikers came
out to denounce these jokers giving bikers a bad name. I can't rep enough people in this thread.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:07 AM

1,772 posts, read 3,236,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
Bike gang tried to close highway | New York Post

NY post claims the mob of bikers attempted to close down the highway by blockading the entrances so cars cant enter so they can do dangerous tricks
i never understand why the cops don't station a few cars at exit ramps of highways .. then when these jerks speed by , have other cops shut down the highway a few miles ahead. that way there would be no way for the jerk bikers to exit the highway since the all the exit ramps before the road block are manned. Drivers are inconvienced, but are rewarded by seeing the bikers get arrested.
I saw this happen once on the Belt Parkway (I was riding a bicycle on the path in Brooklyn). Got to see rice burners loaded onto a NYPD paddy wagon as their owners stood alongside the parkway watching. It made my day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City