Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2013, 03:32 PM

581 posts, read 1,244,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Why are you lumping him in with bikers who perform stunts? Should you also be lumped in with drivers who drive drunk?

Who the cap fits, wear it.

Ive seen too many riders endanger their lives, then cry wolf when they get hurt. When a biker did their road test, I am certain part of the lesson isnt to ride on the white line to go through traffic.....and not only that, you bikers ride hard through traffic as if at any given moment a car cant suddenly change lane. Guess who will have a broken neck first?

Old 10-03-2013, 03:34 PM

268 posts, read 480,958 times
Quote:
Wishing death upon another man is never good karma, bruh. Besides, the guy who was run over may have been completely innocent. It's the guys who started pounding the vehicle and slashing its tires who were at fault.
Run with dogs.. you get fleas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Not "ghetto", but I didn't "clam up". I had a response, but I deleted it.
Okay... Then, you crawfished.

Quote:
The rest of you can carry on with your intelligent commentary.
Cool... Thanks!

Old 10-03-2013, 03:35 PM

32,101 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehouse View Post
Who the cap fits, wear it.

Ive seen too many riders endanger their lives, then cry wolf when they get hurt. When a biker did their road test, I am certain part of the lesson isnt to ride on the white line to go through traffic.....and not only that you bikers ride hard through traffic as if at any given moment a car cant suddenly change lane. Guess who will have a broken neck first?
Okaaaay...but my question remains...why put him in that category?

I'm also certain that drivers aren't taught to imbibe six or seven Coronas an hour before getting behind the wheel.

It's really only a very, very, very small percentage of bikers who are doing these types of stunts. Most bikers have neither the foolishness or health insurance coverage to be doing that type of stuff.

Old 10-03-2013, 03:44 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
All I did was look at the video, forget about the races involved. I CLEARLY saw those bikers surround the guy and harrass him. Then, one of them proceeded to brake check, making the guy bump him. Then the mob closes in on the prey. What would *I* have done had I been that guy? Just going for a drive and suddenly finding yourself surrounded by a rowdy mob. Your wife and kid is in the car. Explain to me how anyone can possibly defend the actions of those people?

Old 10-03-2013, 04:00 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,030,653 times
Quote:
Well, I must admit that YOU have not been referring to them in that manner, but others have once they saw that they weren't white.

The original video doesn't show anyone slashing the guy's tires before he hit anyone.

It happened after.

Look, it was wrong on all counts for everyone involved, but it seems the "anger" is a bit more pronounced in this thread, since it was found out that the bikers were hispanic.
???

Even if he hit anyone accidentally, no one should be slashing tires. As the video shows, he didn't hit them "accidentally"....he was completely brake-checked on purpose & he bumped Mr. Cruz. Instead of exchanging information, they started banging on his car & slashing tires. It's really simple. And it's absolutely abhorrent.

The fact that the anger has increased at the bikers upon finding out they were "Hispanic" is incidental even if it is true. They did what they did and they deserve anger & prison for it.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:14 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
???

Even if he hit anyone accidentally, no one should be slashing tires. As the video shows, he didn't hit them "accidentally"....he was completely brake-checked on purpose & he bumped Mr. Cruz. Instead of exchanging information, they started banging on his car & slashing tires. It's really simple. And it's absolutely abhorrent.
Okay, I don't know what video YOU watched, but let me describe the one I saw.

It's true that the bike cut in front of him and slowed down which probably resulted in him getting hit. How hard? I don't know. Cut to the guy filming looking back and seeing a crowd gather after SUV guy hit the biker. After a few minutes, SUV guy speeds out and PURPOSELY drove over the man who is now in a coma near death.

The bikers eventually catch up to him at the light and this is when they attacked his car and slashed his tires.

It happened AFTER the SUV guy tried to commit a HIT AND RUN which is a FELONY in every state in America. It's unfortunate he caught a beat down, but from the film that I saw when he FIRST hit the guy who curbed in front of him, the bikers were not attacking him. He got scared and tried to run away. They weren't even thinking about chasing him. They seemed sort of hesitant to do so.

This is what I viewed.

Quote:
The fact that the anger has increased at the bikers upon finding out they were "Hispanic" is incidental even if it is true. They did what they did and they deserve anger & prison for it.
No, this is CD. Stick around. They use "code" words for everyone. Once people knew their race, they started saying how "ghetto" they were. How do they know they live in the ghetto? They could own homes and have middle class jobs like a lot of biker club folks?

Old 10-03-2013, 04:15 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
For those of you with working brains and who live here.

The bikers have been a serious problem in Harlem for more than a decade, as anyone from here well knows. Some people resent the fact that this serious issue has gotten more attention since "gentrification," but, I would respond - the dirt bikers have gotten far worse, bolder, far more belligerent, and essentially more anti-social, and discussion has picked up accordingly. So much for the "years without incident" ... let's see, what might we term that. Well, whatever.

Among many incidents in central Harlem, including the most gentrified areas and involving elderly people and children, one of the stupid thugs hit two small children, I mean "fraidy cats," walking with their grandmother on the sidewalk. He then ditched his bike and fled on foot.
I've seen biker gangs like that in the Bronx too.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:23 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:

It happened AFTER the SUV guy tried to commit a HIT AND RUN which is a FELONY in every state in America. It's unfortunate he caught a beat down, but from the film that I saw when he FIRST hit the guy who curbed in front of him, the bikers were not attacking him. He got scared and tried to run away. They weren't even thinking about chasing him. They seemed sort of hesitant to do so.

This is what I viewed.

No, this is CD. Stick around. They use "code" words for everyone. Once people knew their race, they started saying how "ghetto" they were. How do they know they live in the ghetto? They could own homes and have middle class jobs like a lot of biker club folks?
Even if the driver committed a hit and run, which is indeed a crime, beating someone up like that is also a crime. It doesn't matter whether the bikers are middle class or ghetto or whatever. They committed crimes and endangered the public.

The first guy to get hit Cruz, is in court facing misdemeanor charges including reckless driving. His license has been suspended and he had to surrender his passport.

"Jerome Davis witnessed a part of the confrontation between the motorcyclists and the driver, who he described as a "maniac."
"If something happens, you stop right there. It's an accident. You think and stop. You don't keep reacting on," he told CNN's Erin Burnett."

Jerome is right. If someone does a hit and run you call 911 and give them a description of the car, plus the license plate number if you can. If the driver is acting like a nut/maniac/retard, you call 911. You do not chase the guy in traffic, endangering other people, pull him out of the car and beat him. That behavior earns these men the title of thugs and dare I say, outright savages! I would say this of anyone of any color who behaved like this. People who had nothing to do with the original accident could have been killed by this foolishness.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:32 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,030,653 times
Quote:
The bikers eventually catch up to him at the light and this is when they attacked his car and slashed his tires.

Wrong-O. You can see in the video clearly (although you do have to squint & focus just a bit) that they gather around the car. In the 2nd meeting, the front right tire isn't there at all: they've already been slashed. If the tires had been slashed in the final meeting, the tires would be merely flat....not lacking all rubber.

Again: LiveLeak.com - Photos NYC Bikers terrorize family in SUV

The rim is completely bare. That means the rubber has been obliterated by the driving. That means the tire had been compromised before he was driving. That means that they slashed his tire at the initial altercation.

Again, I am posting this, copied from a Facebook/Liveleak post:

"As a trucker that would deliver in north jersey and New York I am familiar with these gangs. I can hopefully clarify a few things. First the initial "accident" is part of a game they play. They ride in a huge group and will operate together to slow down traffic. Next they pick out high end vehicles targeting people with families in them, the targets will usually be white or Asian. Then one of the riders will do a "brake check" and stop suddenly in front of the target vehicle causing a minor bump. In some cases they will just roll back into their target vehicle. They will then mob the vehicle demanding money and or begin attacking the person inside. It is their practice to also slash the tires to prevent the vehicle from escaping. Truckers are well aware of them and are advised not to stop. You can clearly see in the video how they are well practiced in this style of attack. The police in NY have backed off them after an officer ran one down using his vehicle a few months back. The video was all over the net so I advise you to check it out. These "bikers" ride dirt bikes and sport bikes very few of which are street legal and even fewer have plates. They run red lights, stop signs, and have no regard for the law. If you are ever in this situation do not stop, immediately call the police and do whatever you have to to keep them from boxing you in. NEVER leave the scene of an accident if you are not under direct threat!!! Only run if you have no other choice, and again immediately call the police. This is not rare by any means, the only reason this incident got any attention is because of the helmet cam video being posted on the net. If you see anyone in this situation, call the police. Make no mistake confusing these punks with true bikers. You will rarely if ever see a member of these gangs on a Harley. Do not for a minute blame true bikers for this kind of behavior. Bikers like those involved in the 2 million Bikers to DC Rally are American Patriots and would be among the first to come to your aid. A final note, always be aware of motorcycles and share the road. Check your mirrors and don't ride anyone's bumper, motorcycles have a much smaller profile then a car and are harder to see."

The individuals that surrounded Mr. Lien slashed his tires. Anyone who doesn't see that has some serious issues with their critical thinking skills.

Last edited by Soviet; 10-03-2013 at 04:45 PM..

Old 10-03-2013, 05:08 PM

581 posts, read 1,244,249 times
Quote:
Okaaaay...but my question remains...why put him in that category?

I'm also certain that drivers aren't taught to imbibe six or seven Coronas an hour before getting behind the wheel.

It's really only a very, very, very small percentage of bikers who are doing these types of stunts. Most bikers have neither the foolishness or health insurance coverage to be doing that type of stuff.

I dont know this person's riding style, but this person is the on supporting the nonsense. The biker CLEARLY slowed down in front of the SUV....just as any dirt bag person who is driving a car would do. The difference is, one is settle through insurance...almost always. These guys decided they want to take matters in their own hands. If they wanted to behave as any normal persons, they would write down the plate number and call the cops about a hit and run. But nooooooooooooo, they want to fight. I would deliberately try to run over each and everyone who participated in this if i was the range rover guy. You would see me swerving to hit them like im playing video game.

I bet these MF dont do this anymore and any other biker who saw this wouldnt even try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City