Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 02:58 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,238,105 times

Advertisements

This looks like a failure of law enforcement. These maniacs are doing a real life Road Warrior chase and not one cop in view?

This is why they keep a machete in the car back home.

Old 09-30-2013, 02:59 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,030,653 times
If it were you in the car, what would you have done? I definitely wouldn't have exited, I would have tried to go for a toll bridge with EZ-Pass (what would the bikers have done then?) and just driven as far as the gas tank would have allowed with my heart beating through my chest.

What would you have done?

Old 09-30-2013, 03:01 PM

134 posts, read 276,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
If it were you in the car, what would you have done? I definitely wouldn't have exited, I would have tried to go for a toll bridge with EZ-Pass (what would the bikers have done then?) and just driven as far as the gas tank would have allowed with my heart beating through my chest.

Drove to a precinct

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Old 09-30-2013, 03:06 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,404,247 times
right or wrong, I wouldn't be dumb enough to
challenge a gang of bikers. that's a deathwish
right there by itself.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:19 PM

61 posts, read 84,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post

definitely should not have exited there and then to get stuck @ a red light behind other cars, only would have got off the highway if I knew where the closest police station was or just kept going on the highways and calling 911 and tell them what road I was on and where i was heading, definitely not have gotten off especially with that many bikers on your tail, everyone knows that those bikes are much faster than cars let alone an suv. hopefully the guy in the suv recovers and someone is held responsible but prob not since they all have helmets on and it seems difficult to identify most of them.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:36 PM

6,191 posts, read 7,357,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Again, the SUV shouldn't have been that close to him in the first place.
It's almost impossible to not be close to people when you're driving here. I try to keep back a little bit and everyone and their mother is on top of me (or anyone else) because I'm not on top of the person in front of me. Sorry but I'm not risking crashing my car with all of the stop-and-go crap around here. You could be doing 10-20 MPH over the speed limit and people give you no breathing room.

Did you see the bikers in the video? They were all over the place, driving in and out doing as they please. Doing stunts. And then the biker deliberately cut in front of him so that he would then be driving close to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I was shocked at the complete lawlessness and gang mentality I saw in this video. The biker who was hit deliberately cut in front of the SUV and then stopped. Of course he runs the danger of being hit when he does this. I think he did this because the SUV had honked at him and he was mad. Then the driver stops and according to the article I read, some of the bikers started damaging his car. Even though that specific thing was not on the video, it's not hard to believe, given their behavior before and after.

I think the driver was scared for his life (as he should be, with a gang attacking him) and for the life of his wife and baby, who were apparently in the car.

I hope they catch these guys and prosecute. This is criminal behavior.

And to the people who are saying that the SUV driver was driving too close to the bikes -- they had surrounded him, even initially before the accident. The SUV driver had a clear and open lane when one bike cut right in front of him and stopped. The accident was not the SUV driver's fault. Watch the video!
No, no. Everyone should say it the SUV driver's fault before watching the video and reading about it.

Apparently the guy was calling the police about their driving. Honestly I'd probably have a panic attack driving in the middle of that crap and I'd try to get off the road. Too bad he was completely surrounded by them.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:50 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
right or wrong, I wouldn't be dumb enough to
challenge a gang of bikers. that's a deathwish
right there by itself.
The fact that the guy was honking his horn at them shows what an idiot he was.

If you're going to honk your horn at these dudes, then at least have the common sense to have a weapon you.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:56 PM

134 posts, read 276,273 times
Evidence that some of these bikers are animals...they carried knives

Old 09-30-2013, 04:10 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,366,159 times
I would really like to hear the bikers side of this. Until then, throw the thugs in jail.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:51 PM

402 posts, read 811,682 times
everyone on a bike with a patch isnt in a gang, its clubs, lots are law enforcement, military, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City