Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2013, 04:00 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,048,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
WTF are you talking about?

I know what "hijacking" and "car jacking" means.

The poster said "car jacking" not "hijacking".

You're trying to be snide with your comment, but I'm not going to take the bait.
Being a person with the utmost excellence in civil obedience. What do you advise I do to my 5000+ lbs German vehicle in order to comply and be obedient to the fine gentlemans that you seem to relate to so much in case they want to stop and check on my wife and 4 month old son? Perhaps they'd like to suck on my trailer hitch? It's made in Germany as well. Only the finest for the finest gentlemans.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:04 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,027,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
How was Mr. Lien to know it was not a "carjacking"?
I was responding to the poster who said it was a car jacking when these guys clearly had no intention of stealing his car. This is what "car jacking" means.

I have no idea what the SUV driver thought. How could I?

Again, why aren't people commenting on how come NYPD does not have police manning the highways like they do in other cities? Like I said, when I was in California there were cops seen every few miles.

This incident NEVER should have happened or got as far as it did.

NYPD has approximately 45,000 police officers. You mean they couldn't spare at least 50 to patrol the highways?

Old 10-04-2013, 04:05 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebyz View Post
Being a person with the utmost excellence in civil obedience. What do you advise I do to my 5000+ lbs German vehicle in order to comply and be obedient to the fine gentlemans that you seem to relate to so much in case they want to stop and check on my wife and 4 month old son? Perhaps they'd like to suck on my trailer hitch? It's made in Germany as well. Only the finest for the finest gentlemans.

Sorry, Bumble, that should be fine English steel!

Range Rover - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-04-2013, 04:12 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,029,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianNYC92 View Post
Can you guys imagine what would happen to the SUV driver if the other motorcyclist didn't record the whole incident? It would be his words against 50+ thugs.

Can anyone recommend a good dash-cam?
BlackVue DR500GW-HD is really popular in Russia and is really good.

http://www.blackvueusa.com/Our-Products.html

Old 10-04-2013, 04:14 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
I was responding to the poster who said it was a car jacking when these guys clearly had no intention of stealing his car. This is what "car jacking" means.

Again, why aren't people commenting on how come NYPD does not have police manning the highways like they do in other cities? Like I said, when I was in California there were cops seen every few miles.

NYPD has approximately 45,000 police officers. You mean they couldn't spare at least 50 to patrol the highways?
That's what I'd like to know. Even a couple or few motorcycle cops could have kept an eye on the scene and called in for backup if something happened. NYPD needs to answer some questions.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:

A more complete legal definition of carjacking:

Carjacking legal definition of Carjacking. Carjacking synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

"The criminal taking of a motor vehicle from its driver by force, violence, or intimidation.

The u.s. justice department categorizes the crime of carjacking as a "completed or attempted Robbery of a motor vehicle by a stranger to a victim."

I believe it is reasonable for Mr. Lien to believe he was being carjacked.

It is not unreasonable to describe the initial event as a carjacking.

Bikers were blocking the on ramps to the freeway. Police were arresting some of those bikers. By engaging police who were at the ramps, those bikers helped ensure no police presence on the freeway.

You fail to recognize how carefully the bikers orchestrated this and the sheer overwhelming numbers of them.

What exactly was the NYPD supposed to do? Preemptively block all the freeway ramps in the city and exclude all the bikers?

Old 10-04-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
That's what I'd like to know. Even a couple or few motorcycle cops could have kept an eye on the scene and called in for backup if something happened. NYPD needs to answer some questions.
See post 496. At the time of the event on the freeway, police were answering some 200 calls to 911 about the bikers.

The bikers in other parts of the city were pulling NYPD away from the freeway, facilitating the ramp shutdown by the bikers.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:21 PM

4,198 posts, read 4,084,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
It seems like the police were ordered to stand down (if that is the proper term) for whatever reason - maybe too dangerous to chase them, or maybe they can't catch them.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:23 PM

8,693 posts, read 11,078,805 times
wow oh THIS gets BETTER......seems like one of the riders who witnessed the whole thing is a undercover police officer....now he lawyered up too

"he didn't want to blow his cover"....

Undercover NYPD cop stood by as bikers beat dad | New York Post

Cops, one of which was an off-duty undercover, rode among the bikers that chased and beat the Manhattan father last weekend in front of his family - NY Daily News

Old 10-04-2013, 04:23 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,029,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
It seems like the police were ordered to stand down (if that is the proper term) for whatever reason - maybe too dangerous to chase them, or maybe they can't catch them.
There is a high risk of danger to civilians if the police chase these bags of excrement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City