Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2013, 11:13 AM

863 posts, read 1,128,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
You people are all being much too harsh on the bikers and cops; the bikers, since most of them were honest, upstanding taxpayers, were allowed to take over a public highway they had paid for with their hard-earned public support dollars - it takes a LOT of effort to have seven kids with six women, and perform various cycle stunts. As for the cops, I am certain that those brave and talented, unionized and benefit/perk-packed individuals who have to (occasionally) provide security for the citizenry of NYC had so many more important things to do that Sunday, like purchasing their donut quota and muscling the local drug dealers for their 10% cut of the weekly take.

Let's not bother troubling our lame-duckling mayor or his teflon-covered police commissioner for their lack of action in the aftermath of this atrocity, after all, they are so confident in their and the NYPD's abilities to stop crime in this city that they terminated the stop and frisk program.

Nor will I find it fair to ask why the so-called "paper of record", i.e., the NY Times why they have donated about 3 sentences in 7 days to a story that has infuriated 99% of the city's law-abiding population.

So all of you need to back off and give our beleaguered mayor, commissioner, police force, and certain news media outlets a break, and put the blame solely where it belongs, on the car maker Range Rover itself, because had they never made that insufferable SUV, we all know the Lien family, having no ability to be out on the highway that day, would have opted for a quiet walk along the East River swatting mosquitos to satisfy their obvious blood lust, instead of running over innocent motor bike riders with their 2-ton plastic and steel weapon targeting harmless, high-achieving minorities that fateful day.
LOL lot of comedians on this forum .

Old 10-09-2013, 11:23 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,815,103 times
any cop who said they were "undercover" is just covering his own ass and feels guilty for participating. they are abusing the term-- it sounds a lot of safer than just being "off-duty".

the shenanigans involved by all perpetrators is comical. the prize goes to Robert Sims though, says he tried to open the door to remove the keys so Mr. Lein couldn't hurt any other bikers, lol.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:27 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,652,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
You people are all being much too harsh on the bikers and cops; the bikers, since most of them were honest, upstanding taxpayers, were allowed to take over a public highway they had paid for with their hard-earned public support dollars - it takes a LOT of effort to have seven kids with six women, and perform various cycle stunts. As for the cops, I am certain that those brave and talented, unionized and benefit/perk-packed individuals who have to (occasionally) provide security for the citizenry of NYC had so many more important things to do that Sunday, like purchasing their donut quota and muscling the local drug dealers for their 10% cut of the weekly take.

Let's not bother troubling our lame-duckling mayor or his teflon-covered police commissioner for their lack of action in the aftermath of this atrocity, after all, they are so confident in their and the NYPD's abilities to stop crime in this city that they terminated the stop and frisk program.

Nor will I find it fair to ask why the so-called "paper of record", i.e., the NY Times why they have donated about 3 sentences in 7 days to a story that has infuriated 99% of the city's law-abiding population.

So all of you need to back off and give our beleaguered mayor, commissioner, police force, and certain news media outlets a break, and put the blame solely where it belongs, on the car maker Range Rover itself, because had they never made that insufferable SUV, we all know the Lien family, having no ability to be out on the highway that day, would have opted for a quiet walk along the East River swatting mosquitos to satisfy their obvious blood lust, instead of running over innocent motor bike riders with their 2-ton plastic and steel weapon targeting harmless, high-achieving minorities that fateful day.
I would blame the car salesman not recommending a Hummer for family protection. He could make a good commission by selling optional shatter-proof glass.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:46 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,652,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr555 View Post
any cop who said they were "undercover" is just covering his own ass and feels guilty for participating. they are abusing the term-- it sounds a lot of safer than just being "off-duty".

the shenanigans involved by all perpetrators is comical. the prize goes to Robert Sims though, says he tried to open the door to remove the keys so Mr. Lein couldn't hurt any other bikers, lol.
The award for best director goes to Gloria Allred.

"Say victim, innocent, Never say arrest or licence. Hold my hand at all time. Cry if I squeeze you."

Old 10-09-2013, 12:26 PM

8,678 posts, read 11,069,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post
LOL lot of comedians on this forum .
the real comedians are the criminal thug bikers & their lawyers. See post #804 & #808 for reference

Old 10-09-2013, 12:28 PM

8,678 posts, read 11,069,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill83 View Post
the award for best director goes to gloria allred.

"say victim, innocent, never say arrest or licence. Hold my hand at all time. Cry if i squeeze you."
lol

Old 10-09-2013, 01:35 PM

419 posts, read 625,441 times
according to gloria, suv should stay there and wait for the beating.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:30 PM

364 posts, read 708,039 times
What is holding Gloria Allred back from filing suit against Lien? They are getting interviews on TV but so far there's no mentioning of the suit (I don't know if they actually mentioned it in these interviews because I don't want to see their ugly faces). I want to see that "justice" be served.

*getting popcorn ready*

Old 10-09-2013, 02:45 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
No need to thank me, although it's appreciated. I mostly disagree with you vehemently, but we're all Americans. And we have actually agreed in the past on other topics.

We have??!

Can you name just one thing please? My mind is somewhat foggy on this. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City