Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 11:51 AM

19,046 posts, read 13,964,273 times

Advertisements

No, I absolutely did not.

The world doesn't operate in absolutes and I certainly did not imply any such thing. People who play the absolute game in politics are our problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 05:22 PM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
No, I absolutely did not.

The world doesn't operate in absolutes and I certainly did not imply any such thing. People who play the absolute game in politics are our problem.
Quote:
I'm going to have assume that it is because the girl who tried to get a job she wasn't qualified for and then cried racism against two entirely different ethnicities, has an Italian last name. After all, her name is the only Italian in this story.

What EVERYONE should be concerned about is that mom and pop businesses can be heavily fined in this city based on a he said/she said incident with ZERO proof. That is a dangerous precedent to set, and one of the many reasons why Gov. Cuomo and Bloomberg/DeBlasio can say whatever they want, but NY/NYC is and always will be anti-small business.
That implies every small business.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-05-2013, 05:52 PM

I still fail to understand where I said small businesses were all doing bad.

NY and NYC policies have created and continue to foster a climate which is anti-business, especially smaller businesses which cannot as quickly adjust to new regulations and added costs. Nothing I have said implies that ALL small businesses are doing bad because of the FACTS regarding NYC's unfriendly business climate.

NY state is an extremely anti-gun state. Thousands of gun stores operate here though. Does that negate the fact that NY has the most unconstitutional gun laws in the nation?

The intricacies involved in operating different businesses mean that some will be able to survive under this climate and some will fail. Bodegas benefit greatly from the welfare state because food stamps and other programs are regularly spent at this type of food outlet. Numerous studies talk about the lack of healthy food choices and large supermarkets in poor neighborhoods, a niche filled by EBT-accepting bodegas peddling unhealthy crap to largely uneducated residents.

Old 12-05-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
I still fail to understand where I said small businesses were all doing bad.

NY and NYC policies have created and continue to foster a climate which is anti-business, especially smaller businesses which cannot as quickly adjust to new regulations and added costs. Nothing I have said implies that ALL small businesses are doing bad because of the FACTS regarding NYC's unfriendly business climate.

NY state is an extremely anti-gun state. Thousands of gun stores operate here though. Does that negate the fact that NY has the most unconstitutional gun laws in the nation?

The intricacies involved in operating different businesses mean that some will be able to survive under this climate and some will fail. Bodegas benefit greatly from the welfare state because food stamps and other programs are regularly spent at this type of food outlet. Numerous studies talk about the lack of healthy food choices and large supermarkets in poor neighborhoods, a niche filled by EBT-accepting bodegas peddling unhealthy crap to largely uneducated residents.
So then who cares if NY is anti-small business and they're not all doing bad...what is the percentage of small businesses doing bad to start giving a damn then? I just think the point you were trying to make was dumb.

Old 12-05-2013, 06:13 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
So then who cares if NY is anti-small business and they're not all doing bad...what is the percentage of small businesses doing bad to start giving a damn then? I just think the point you were trying to make was dumb.
I like going to small businesses for my stuff. Butchers, fish mongers, fruit stands, and bakeries. I don't care if their racist, I don't want them gone. It'll make NY like the rest of the country, going to the same mega supermarket everyday. Suck the character right out the city.

Old 12-05-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Ok, so I'm dumb. Thanks for playing, moderator. I don't get into internet feuds. If you don't like what I have to say, don't read it.

Old 12-05-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Ok, so I'm dumb. Thanks for playing, moderator. I don't get into internet feuds. If you don't like what I have to say, don't read it.
I didn't say you were dumb, I just think the point you were trying to make was. You think this is an internet feud? Lol. but let's let it rest here.

Old 12-05-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
I like going to small businesses for my stuff. Butchers, fish mongers, fruit stands, and bakeries. I don't care if their racist, I don't want them gone. It'll make NY like the rest of the country, going to the same mega supermarket everyday. Suck the character right out the city.
I like everything under one roof. Saves time. Where do you buy your electronics?

Old 12-05-2013, 07:08 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventhfloor View Post
i like everything under one roof. Saves time. Where do you buy your electronics?
j&r

Old 12-06-2013, 10:01 AM

224 posts, read 676,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
G-Dale, stop wasting your keystrokes. It's obvious why she's credible and every fricken white person, especially the Italians, are the devil.
This might be the most revealing racist comment on here!

See... and it came from an Italian-American!!!

LOL. By the way, I'm Italian too. Not a racist though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City