Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 10:36 AM

466 posts, read 900,080 times

Advertisements

If you are cheering the demolishing of 5 Pointz, you are literally Hitler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 10:38 AM

60 posts, read 80,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
I guess his point is that graffiti is to art what rap is to music.
30to666, its ok. Everything is ok.. calm down. What I'm gonna do for you today is give you the attention you've craved for so long. The world is your stage now.. let it out. Let me know why you dislike the minorities so much. I understand that the nation is vastly different from back when you used to drive car for Woodrow Wilson, but I want to hear from you the reason for your social stances. The stage is yours.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:40 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,052,457 times
No..no...I dont want any stage. After all, Im sure you would want to do a tap dance for us all and I dont want to interfere.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:42 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,278,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereotypical Black Man View Post
Let me know why you dislike the minorities so much.
What does graffiti have to do with minorities?

Old 10-10-2013, 10:51 AM

2,008 posts, read 4,714,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
The words Ghetto + Graffiti = minorities. everytime.

/sarcasm

Old 10-10-2013, 11:00 AM

60 posts, read 80,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Where did I connect graffiti and minorities? Maybe you're confused because I hijacked this thread to ask ol' boy the reason he always pops out with classist or racially-charged one liners, which he does here with impunity. That's all it was really.

That mouse ran back to its hole, so I'm finished. Here's your thread back.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:02 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,665,533 times
I got wind of this last Spring. It's too bad because there's not really any other place for these grafitti guys to plaster a whole building.

But don't get too sentimental, 5 pointz gets painted over every few months with new designs. It's an evolving canvas which can evolve elsewhere

Old 10-10-2013, 11:13 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,205,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnayyy View Post
"ghetto art" is the crappy tags you see on buildings where ghetto people have 10 seconds to complete before they have to run away to avoid getting caught.

5 pointz you have to get a permit for a section of wall to display your art legally. you can take as much time as you want and be as precise as you want.

Do you consider murals to be ghetto art? Because that's what most the pieces are.
Exactly skinnayyy and not only does an artist need a permit, the only way to get the permit is that they have to submit a photo to the curator. The area an artist is given depends on their experience too and the better the artwork the longer it stays up.

One of the artists whose work is at 5 Pointz is my husband's personal friend. His work has been on display many times and he was recently featured in a gallery.

Some people only see it from afar and just think it's a graffiti sprayed building and don't appreciate the artwork if it's not seen up close. I work near there--there's so much artwork that can't be seen unless you're there.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:15 AM

338 posts, read 675,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
When you paint on your property it's art.

When you paint on someone else's property it's blight.

THANK YOU.

Buy your own canvases, don't scribble all over public property.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:26 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,278,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereotypical Black Man View Post
Where did I connect graffiti and minorities? Maybe you're confused because I hijacked this thread to ask ol' boy the reason he always pops out with classist or racially-charged one liners, which he does here with impunity. That's all it was really.
That was the confusion. When I saw the thread for 5 Pointz, I immediately thought of graffiti. Not black, hispanic and asian people. The 5 Pointz in Bushwick was, I believe, started by a white guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City