Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 08:50 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,653,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr555 View Post
you really serious you need evidence of this? here's a simple search on youtube

nyc ghetto train - YouTube
Are those reality shows?

Jerry. Jerry. Jerry!!

Old 10-12-2013, 08:52 AM

420 posts, read 805,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
LOL. How ****ing clueless. The ethnocentrism and hubris is palpable.

I'm sure the Native Americans in both the northern and southern hemispheres who were wiped out by European colonists are truly grateful for having their living conditions 'drastically improved'.

Listen to the first few minutes of the interview of Orson Welles. I think it's relevant.

Orson & Dick shmooze about tv interviewers - YouTube

If you believe that European colonialism had a net positive effect on the lives of people who were subjugated then you do not know the first thing about the history and legacy of colonialism.
Yeah that's why millions of third-world people today try and flee to European-based countries...funny how I never hear of people fleeing to Africa to better their lot in life....and the ones who do, like Marcus Garvey and his flock, return to America after they realize their error.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:56 AM

The majority of Native Americans were killed by disease, not by warfare. If you read about what happened to the Native Americans from an objective source (i.e. not from a racist, liberal, white Christian-male hating source) you'll learn that overall the Europeans treated the Native Americans well. They intermarried with them, stopped their barbaric practices of human sacrifice, and came up with ideas such as "International Law" to make sure they were treated well.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:58 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
Yeah shame on white people for for colonizing uncivilized cultures and drastically improving their living conditions.
So what was WW2 about, when whites killed tens of millions of whites? What was the issue there?

Old 10-12-2013, 08:59 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
The majority of Native Americans were killed by disease, not by warfare. If you read about what happened to the Native Americans from an objective source (i.e. not from a racist, liberal, white Christian-male hating source) you'll learn that overall the Europeans treated the Native Americans well. They intermarried with them, stopped their barbaric practices of human sacrifice, and came up with ideas such as "International Law" to make sure they were treated well.
How could the Europeans civilize the Native Americans when they did not civilize themselves? The Europeans fought ridiculous war after ridiculous war in Europe amongst themselves until they nearly got to the point of genocide in Europe itself. Europeans butchering Europeans. Care to explain that?

Old 10-12-2013, 09:00 AM

49 posts, read 73,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Taking public transportation is all low class anyway. Get a car! LOL
Oh Snap!! LOL Why can't he/she afford a car?

Old 10-12-2013, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
How could the Europeans civilize the Native Americans when they did not civilize themselves? The Europeans fought ridiculous war after ridiculous war in Europe amongst themselves until they nearly got to the point of genocide in Europe itself. Europeans butchering Europeans. Care to explain that?
War is something that humans of every race have done since the beginning of time and will continue to do forever...you should really read about the various wars between the Native Americans themselves.

Those "ridiculous" wars in Europe in the last century were caused by leftists/Communists....funny how the liberals conveniently ignore that fact....the Marxists killed at least 50 million people last century. It always amused me when I saw douchebags in NYC wearing Che t-shirts....he was a worthless bum who was responsible for murdering at least one million people, including score of priests/nuns who had dedicated their lives to helping the poor.

Last edited by PsychDoc; 10-12-2013 at 09:28 AM..

Old 10-12-2013, 09:26 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,313,805 times
How did a thread on obnoxious kids on the subway become a world history lesson?

Old 10-12-2013, 09:36 AM

466 posts, read 901,981 times
Quote:
Yeah that's why millions of third-world people today try and flee to European-based countries...funny how I never hear of people fleeing to Africa to better their lot in life....and the ones who do, like Marcus Garvey and his flock, return to America after they realize their error.
Imagine that, people growing up on continents ravaged by the European colonial powers for centuries, where national borders were arbitrarily drawn as the natural resources were divied up to be shipped back to Europe, end up having a hard time. It's all the brown peoples' faults.

You don't get it at all.

Old 10-12-2013, 09:39 AM

466 posts, read 901,981 times
Quote:
Those "ridiculous" wars in Europe in the last century were caused by leftists/Communists....funny how the liberals conveniently ignore that fact....the Marxists killed at least 50 million people last century. It always amused me when I saw douchebags in NYC wearing Che t-shirts....he was a worthless bum who was responsible for murdering at least one million people, including score of priests/nuns who had dedicated their lives to helping the poor.
The Axis powers were leftist/communist? LOOOOOOOOOL

What about the European powers during WWI? They certainly were not leftist/communist.

Get educated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City