Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 06:26 PM

44 posts, read 39,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All 4 J Rev View Post
I've moved in and yes there are still apartments under construction so it is very plausible that one of them may be yours.. Just stay on top of them and keep checking it. It was a long long process but it's a great building. Hang in there
How are the apartments? Applicants who won the lotto are they given balconies? My last concern is the noise environment are the walls cheap lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 04:06 PM

41 posts, read 208,960 times
All the low income apts have a light beige carpet. If you have allergies or another legitimate reason for changing the floor I would imagine that would be fine, but it would be at your cost. All landlords have to change the crapet every so often, don't quote me, but I think it's about every 5 - 7 years, so if you change the floors, when ur 5 -7 year mark comes, you would just refuse the new carpet and ask they delay the installation until you move out, if ever.

I interviewed Sept 3, 2013, almost a year ago. As far as credit, the minimum score was 680 for every adult household member. I don't know if things have changed since then.

Now the noise. Omg, this was something I did not anticipate. My apt faces Fulton Street. The plus is I get amazing sunlight. I love sunlight it puts me in a good mood; however, the noise from the buses, trucks, cars, and people can be loud at times. Not that I often need to, I'm usually an early riser but if I want to sleep in, let's say past 7am on a weekday, the noise from the traffic outside does not let me.

All in all, anyone who gets an affordable unit is blessed!! Amazing building, amazing location, and I am truly thankful to God because there is no other way I would be able to afford this place.

Old 09-20-2014, 05:28 AM

2 posts, read 4,835 times
We don't pay enough rent to get balconies. We don't pay enough rent to get hardwood or stainless steel appliances. But I agree, we are blessed. And I don't hear my neighbors, but I definitely hear Brooklyn.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:37 AM

23 posts, read 60,374 times
Default Q re: 66 Rockwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepingTheFaith View Post

Now the noise. Omg, this was something I did not anticipate. My apt faces Fulton Street. The plus is I get amazing sunlight. I love sunlight it puts me in a good mood; however, the noise from the buses, trucks, cars, and people can be loud at times. Not that I often need to, I'm usually an early riser but if I want to sleep in, let's say past 7am on a weekday, the noise from the traffic outside does not let me.

All in all, anyone who gets an affordable unit is blessed!! Amazing building, amazing location, and I am truly thankful to God because there is no other way I would be able to afford this place.
Are you located on a lower floor or are the building apartments generally not sound proof?

Old 02-18-2015, 01:46 PM

37 posts, read 87,643 times
Just got an email to submit some income verification documents, because apparently I was placed on a waitlist for a Studio Apartment. Submitted all my documents today, how are the studio apartments?

Old 03-14-2015, 11:35 AM

63 posts, read 88,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citysliquor View Post
Just got an email to submit some income verification documents, because apparently I was placed on a waitlist for a Studio Apartment. Submitted all my documents today, how are the studio apartments?
How long ago did you fill out the application? Was the wait list long?

Old 03-17-2015, 09:52 AM

37 posts, read 87,643 times
I got rejected a while ago, then they sent me that later last month to be placed on the waitlist but it was determined I make to much. I will be moving into Water Street Apartments now tho

Old 06-03-2022, 08:29 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,400,814 times
Anyone apply for the waitlist for this and heard back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery