U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 03:46 PM

41 posts, read 203,449 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to start a thread on 66 Rockwell Place lottery, a place where applicants can freely share their thoughts, questions, etc. The facebook page was very active at one time; however, the developer would delete any unflattering posts from applicants expressing their feelings and experience with the process. I applied, was interviewed, have not been rejected as of yet, but have not heard anything. I know they sent out the verifications bc my landlord got one about a month ago, but i have not heard anything since then. I am self employed and have a business checking accout. The account is in the name of my business. My question is, rules from HUD explain that business assets are not counted in calculating the family's assets. In previous lotteries, the developer did not calculate 2% of the balance and add it to the income based on the HUD business assets rule; however, the developer requested my business account. My income is so close to the max, that if 2% of my business account balance is added to my income, i might be over. Does anyone have any experience with having a business and applying for affordable housing?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 06:45 AM

2 posts, read 8,066 times
I too was interviewed and passed the initial interview yet I am still waiting.. I received a small raise after my initial interview and shortly got a call from the interviewer asking for my paystub.. So they are definitely on top of everything.. The interviewer told me it's a 4-6 week process()until you're informed of any status..
I'm not too familiar with the business checking aspects but I read somewhere that sometimes they can count checking accounts as an asset if it isn't used regularly.. I'm paraphrasing so don't take my word for it.. Good luck and definitely call them if it's pushing 4-6 weeks.. See what they say.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:33 PM

24,122 posts, read 33,710,282 times
Are they moving people in yet?

Old 10-17-2013, 07:06 AM

The exterior of the building is not completed yet, a couple more floors to go. Don't know much about the interior but probably will be between 4 and 6 months before the building is ready for occupancy. They are way behind schedule. The building was suppose to be ready in the summer according to their advertisement. My interview was 6 weeks ago. I know they are checking things bc my landlord got the verification a month ago and my bank called to verify that I authorized the verfication of my assets. I signed that and returned it to the bank 2 weeks ago. All the verifications should be in by now. The entire process is so stressful because I apply to almost every lottery which i think I will quilify. Sometimes I'm never called, my income is either over or under. Its always something or another, so I'm just hoping this one pans.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:44 PM

Has anyone heard from "66 Rockwell Place" after the inital interview? It has been EIGHT WEEKS since my interview and nothing... Not a single word on my status. I have called the number and no one EVER answers. I know the building is not finished but I think they should keep applicants updated on their status.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:42 PM

I spoke with a rep Friday afternoon. Most of my verifications have come back. Some floors of the building will be open Dec. The rest in the upcoming months. Rents in ny, brooklyn in particular have gotten crazy over the past few years. I live and work in East Williamsburg. Have been living here the last 23yrs. Apts that were once renting for 800 ten years ago are now renting for 2 thousand(literally). Each and every person has a reason for needing an affordable apt, but my current living situation has become unbearable. Last week I honestly considered moving into a shelter, that was really a low point. Thought about moving in with my boyfriend, but he is about to be homeless as well. The apt in the house he rents went into foreclosure, the bank took over the house and gave hime 30 days to leave bc they are selling the house. If something does not pan out, we r both going to be living in a garage (not kidding). Over Thanksgiving, my plan is to go to Home depot, purchase some sheet rock and insulation and insulate the garage. Its going to be a cold winter. Please include me in your prayers bc only God can save me at this point.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:34 PM

2 posts, read 4,356 times
I was wondering if anyone has moved in yet. This entire process has been exceedingly long and drawn out. I was approved but was recently told that my apartment would not be ready for another month and a half.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:06 PM

2 posts, read 8,066 times
I've moved in and yes there are still apartments under construction so it is very plausible that one of them may be yours.. Just stay on top of them and keep checking it. It was a long long process but it's a great building. Hang in there

Old 08-20-2014, 06:05 PM

4 posts, read 9,459 times
Hello J 4 Rev,
I saw one of the apartments and it had carpeting. Does yours have carpeting? If so, what color? If I am approved, I hope I can ask them to remove it.
Please advise and thank you!
Franci

Old 08-27-2014, 06:24 PM

44 posts, read 36,639 times
Sorry for the late bump but I have a interview for this place next week and it was very unexpected. I expected the wait to be around 6 months- a year. Unfortunately I have no credit I literally got my cc this month. Q_Q do I stand a chance if I meet the income requirement. Never was in debt nor bankrupt. All I've been doing is saving up and just made a savings account. Any info will be appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>