Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 01:00 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,246,530 times

Advertisements

OP might be a 7 or 8 in the looks category. But in the inner beauty category she would score terrible low points. OP is good for one thing only and after it's done leave her on the curb.

Old 10-26-2013, 01:56 PM

61 posts, read 102,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr555 View Post
Desirability is a whole other thing and is completely subjective. The point is, you are an X wherever you go, but your desirability will fluctuate. Models have less variance in their desirability. Personally I'd prefer a glamour model, Maxim top 100, Rihanna, Scarlett Johansson, Emily Shaw, over a Giselle and Miranda Kerr BUT they are still ALL 9-10s. Point is, you are not a 6 here and a 2 there, like some people are saying. Rather its your desirability that changes according to the market/location/competitiveness/etc.
I believe in that concept of variance. As an example, the prettiest girl in a room will stand out from the rest, but once an even more attractive girl walks in, girl # 1 will pale in comparison. I observed this in NYC, where there is such a high concentration of really beautiful women.

Old 10-26-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
You are above average looking. How high on the scale really just depends who you are talking to. For instance, my photographer friend who only dates Asian women would probably rate you a 8.5-9. If I was judging you on whether or not I'd photograph you for my portfolio work I'd give you about a 6.5-7. It really just depends. Are you trying to compare yourself to models? Because obviously that isn't what every guy in NYC is necessarily attracted to.

You have a nice bone structure and a good foundation to work with. I can just tell by looking that the right makeup would really bring that out. I would suggest experimenting with highlighting and contouring as you could play up that bone structure. Also your eyes. That would make a huge difference although I think you are naturally pretty as well.

So much of it too is just being thin, thin, thin and well-dressed. I think it's a thing most of us women struggle with on a daily basis and, yes, it absolutely helps to have money to maintain yourself. The NYC look is something of a fit, streamlined and not 'overly done' look... modern and expressive. Living here has made me superficial in many ways. When I go back home now I always have the best hair, bag, and makeup in the room. But on this stage, even on my best day, I never feel like a standout beauty. Even if I feel amazingly beautiful. Too much competition.

The good news is every man has a different idea of what is attractive. Some men would never notice me because I'm petite. Other men adore it. Just like some may want a more 'All-American' or girl-next-door look. But I'm willing to bet there are tons of men out there that would just love your exotic look... especially if you play it up in the way I mentioned above. You are in a mecca of Asian female worship. There are literally scads of successful, high earning men in this town that prize women like you. I see it all the time. The rich white Wall Street guy/tiny sweet little Asian hottie couple lol.
Thanks for sharing. Your posts are always interesting, thought-out, and intelligent. I haven't experimented much with make-up other than a little blush and lipstick. This would belong to another thread, but do you know of any good make-up artists from whom I can get a consultation without having to spend an arm and a leg?

P.S. Glad you're not one of those sad creatures who come on this board just to lash out at others (!)

Old 10-26-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchamp Dude View Post
There are more lonely women in the city than men.

But, they are lonely because of their own doing. Sky high expectations

"He's kinda cute but I really want him to take me to the ballet" (Tickets cost 300 per head)
Guys, there are ways to take women out on great dates without having to spend a fortune all the time. For example, the Lincoln Center's David Rubenstein Atrium sells day-of tickets at a discounted price (go to Today's Discount Tickets). I personally love the ballet, I couldn't care less if my date bought good seats at a discount!

Old 10-26-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
Sweetheart....you are an attention wh*re. You did NOT come here for some type of 'research' but instead to seek some type of validation about your looks. You are searching..just searching...for compliments.

This is painfully obvious. Secure, confident women (or men ) do not need to do this. It's only the people who seek validation from others that need this type of ..reassurance, I guess would be the word. Now, you can certainly turn your nose up at me and make snarky remarks to me because I posted this, but at the end of the day, you know I'm right.
I just asked for a ranking, not somekind of lengthy psychoanalysis of me. Guys stay away from girls of this type, they are likely insecure, unhappy beings who have the unlucky misfortune of being born unattractive. I wish you luck.

Last edited by CutsiePatutsie; 10-26-2013 at 03:24 PM..

Old 10-26-2013, 02:56 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutsiePatutsie View Post
I believe in that concept of variance. As an example, the prettiest girl in a room will stand out from the rest, but once an even more attractive girl walks in, girl # 1 will pale in comparison. I observed this in NYC, where there is such a high concentration of really beautiful women.
In parts of Manhattan yes, but not. Citywide.

Old 10-26-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
In parts of Manhattan yes, but not. Citywide.
I noticed lots of beauties in the Nolita/Soho area. Well my knowledge is limited, I didn't spend all my time in Manhattan. Some of the time I explored the boroughs.

Old 10-26-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
I noticed lots of beauties in the Nolita/Soho area. Well my knowledge is limited, I didn't spend all my time in Manhattan. Some of the time I explored the boroughs.
A large swath of these beatuies are not even from NYC that live in Nolita and Soho area. Many of these ladies moved here for creative and professional reasons, also plenty are outcasts from their suburban cul de sac abode especially those who are college educated. You yourself can be an 8 in the East village or Wiliamsburg but can easily be a 3 or 2 lets say in Howard Beach, much of Staten Island and in the Bronx. Did you explore Queens.

Old 10-26-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
A large swath of these beatuies are not even from NYC that live in Nolita and Soho area. Many of these ladies moved here for creative and professional reasons, also plenty are outcasts from their suburban cul de sac abode especially those who are college educated. You yourself can be an 8 in the East village or Wiliamsburg but can easily be a 3 or 2 lets say in Howard Beach, much of Staten Island and in the Bronx. Did you explore Queens.
It's hard to imagine why beautiful women would be outcasts.

I didn't explore Queens extensively, I went there to check out the Greek restaurants. I was kind of disappointed at a few of them where I dined. Maybe I went to the wrong ones.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
It's hard to imagine why beautiful women would be outcasts.

I didn't explore Queens extensively, I went there to check out the Greek restaurants. I was kind of disappointed at a few of them where I dined. Maybe I went to the wrong ones.
Not outcast because beauty but because of culture, superioity and sometimes inferiority, maybe too progressive and dont fit the mold of the greater society at large. Many want to try and experience nee things and many end up in NYC. This goes for both male and female. Obviously you want to move to NYC to experience something new right?

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 10-26-2013 at 07:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City