Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 09:16 AM

31,909 posts, read 26,970,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalChubsta View Post
I did hear something last week in the AM with Greg & Rosanna - This week I've been so busy haven't watched my ch 7 news at 6.. I also saw the dad in the spanish news. I think last week as well. Time is going by so quick.. I think this will be a missing case person for a few years if they don't find him or they rule foul play. Tough times especially now with the holidays approaching. I always hope for the best you know?
They never found a trace of that little boy who ran away from his foster mother well over year ago either. Nor are they any closer to answering how all those women and others ended up buried out in those weeds near that beach out by Long Island.

With that poor Jewish child from last year things were lucky in how they worked out, at least the body was found. I many instances children and even adults simply vanish from NYC streets never to be seen again.

I'll say it again; someone knows where this boy is; you cannot tell me Avonte is out there for the past six weeks by himself wondering around and no one has seen him; not with his posters all over the tri-state area and so froth.

Am wondering if any store or building cameras in the area captured anything the day Avonte ran away from his school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 10:29 AM

4,829 posts, read 8,727,850 times
I don't think he is dead. They would have found the body by now. Someone has him and it's very scared to think about what could be happening to him.

I also wonder about the surveillance cameras that we see everywhere. I would think the NYPD should have asked all the business owners in that area to check their video surveillance from that day to see if there was any sign of him or if he was with someone. There are also those NYPD surveillance cameras all over the place. I'm surprised he wasn't caught on any of those or even the school cameras to find out what direction he headed in when he left.

Old 11-15-2013, 10:30 AM

4,829 posts, read 8,727,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalChubsta View Post
I haven't heard anything in the news lately about this case.. I actually was over in new rochelle yesterday and saw 2 of his posters when walking into the supermarket. So sad. -_-

I saw posters out on Long Island, too, as well as on the LIRR

Old 11-15-2013, 10:35 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
I still hear the announcements still on the subway, And often wonder where he might be. I really hope they find him. So sad.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
I don't think he is dead. They would have found the body by now. Someone has him and it's very scared to think about what could be happening to him.

I also wonder about the surveillance cameras that we see everywhere. I would think the NYPD should have asked all the business owners in that area to check their video surveillance from that day to see if there was any sign of him or if he was with someone. There are also those NYPD surveillance cameras all over the place. I'm surprised he wasn't caught on any of those or even the school cameras to find out what direction he headed in when he left.
Found the news story one watched last night: 6 Weeks After Avonte's Disappearance, NYC Schools Reviewing Safety Procedures | NBC New York

Old 11-15-2013, 11:19 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,234,745 times
Quote:

That's what I've been thinking too. I would rather find out he died than if he was being held somewhere and being abused.

Years have gone by and missing children were never found. It took 33 years for Etan Patz's killer to confess. And all those years that those girls were held captive by that lunatic.

Something just isn't right about this child's disappearance.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:

Apparently the cameras at that school do not cover much and do not show which way Avonte went when leaving school property.

There is just too many unanswered questions and NYC is on the hook because they dropped the ball.

All programs like the type Avonte was enrolled in have an extensive profile of the student. Avonte's stated clearly he often wandered and or ran away especially during "transition" times (change of classes for the rest of us). That is exactly what happened; Avonte's class was transitioning and he got out of the lines and gave them the slip. How and why Avonte's teacher didn't notice at once and or why the place wasn't put into "lock down" we shall probably not know until the case reaches court.

Quite simply you don't lose a child inside the NYC or any other school system. Could see if Avonte were a normal teenager and simply decided to cut class or school, but even then student's today aren't allowed to just walk off school property like we could back in the day. Or are they?

Old 11-15-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
That's what I've been thinking too. I would rather find out he died than if he was being held somewhere and being abused.

Years have gone by and missing children were never found. It took 33 years for Etan Patz's killer to confess. And all those years that those girls were held captive by that lunatic.

Something just isn't right about this child's disappearance.
Personally I think someone in or connected to that school, and or in the area knows something.

When things like this go down it usually turns out to be someone no one suspected and that is quite close. That is how it turned out with the little Jewish boy, and that pervert that kidnapped all those girls.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:26 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,234,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Personally I think someone in or connected to that school, and or in the area knows something.

When things like this go down it usually turns out to be someone no one suspected and that is quite close. That is how it turned out with the little Jewish boy, and that pervert that kidnapped all those girls.

I agree. And the reward has gone up to $95,000 now. I'm wondering if someone is looking to extort money and they're just waiting for the pot to grow and grow and then suddenly Avonte will be "found".

Old 11-15-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I agree. And the reward has gone up to $95,000 now. I'm wondering if someone is looking to extort money and they're just waiting for the pot to grow and grow and then suddenly Avonte will be "found".
Or they are just a perv that had their eye out and or leaped at a chance.

Think about it, unless you knew Avonte well it would take some time before noticing he was "different". Even that some kind of piece of security guard at his school didn't realize Avonte didn't answer when spoken to, but couldn't because he does not speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City