Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2013, 01:27 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,216,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Where do you live that makes you an exception to be racist?
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I'm really trying to figure out how I'm racist.

Have I been using particular code words?
Quote:
Because you sound just like the others. So what NYC neighborhood do you best associate with in which you can write off an entire boro as being ignorant?
Quote:
Interesting.
Quote:
In how you're trying to flip the script.

You're saying that I'm racist, but give no clear interpretations of "how".

So, I find this 'interesting'.

ETA: Airborneguy is quite capable of speaking for HIMSELF.

Though I may disagree with him, he served in two wars, so whatever he may be, he isn't a punk.

He's from Staten Island.
Quote:
Knowing where you are from would help understand your point of view regarding your posts. I was just curious.
Quote:
No, it wouldn't. You would just dream up some b.s. on why I think the way I do.

Before I knew Airborneguy lived in SI, I had already placed him in a certain bag, because of many of his posts. The same way he placed me due to mine and what you're doing now.

You and I have lived different lives. Doesn't matter if I live in Manhattan, Queens, BK, Bx, SI, or another part of the country. Our experiences will be different and we will continue to see things from different viewpoints.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:28 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crookepalace View Post
The irony here is the same group of individuals who talk about these teens as being representative of an entire population are ALWAYS the first ones to tell you they hate being characterized as racists by the actions of a few.
Shut up.

You sound like a crybaby.

Want some tissue?

Old 10-21-2013, 02:06 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,689,747 times
White being victims of crimes by Blacks. That's not news. It's like the news reporting Dog bites man. It's really news when Man bites dog.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:06 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
What does this have to do with my children and my level of comfort? Quite frankly my goal in life is to move to a part of the US that is even less diverse than where I live now. I want to live around Americans again.
I'm sorry, but non-White people are not American? Or are "Americans" White only? If I have the income to move into your neighborhood, I'm gonna move there if I so choose. Unless, of course, you will go out of your way to make it difficult for me. Money is the great equalizer...my American husband and I work very hard for our money and our standard of living. I don't buy into self-segregation. We want good schools, safety, yada yada. If you don't particularly care for us "diversifying" your neighborhood, go ahead and move. I will cry moar.

And my comment was in response to yours in which you blamed a race-related crime on diversity and diverse neighborhoods. Bullcocky, I say. The teens could have easily traversed into a less diverse neighborhood down the street and do the same thing. They were acting like a bunch of punks and they'll be prosecuted. Their behavior is inexcusable..but come on, going back to the days of this person has their side of the street, and that person has theirs...that isn't how the world at large works.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:11 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,404,247 times
smh this thread is a loony middleground lol.

Old 10-21-2013, 03:12 PM

19,049 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Quote:
You get what I'm saying?
I totally agree with everything you said.

Old 10-21-2013, 03:19 PM

19,049 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I'm sorry, but non-White people are not American? Or are "Americans" White only? If I have the income to move into your neighborhood, I'm gonna move there if I so choose. Unless, of course, you will go out of your way to make it difficult for me. Money is the great equalizer...my American husband and I work very hard for our money and our standard of living. I don't buy into self-segregation. We want good schools, safety, yada yada. If you don't particularly care for us "diversifying" your neighborhood, go ahead and move. I will cry moar.

And my comment was in response to yours in which you blamed a race-related crime on diversity and diverse neighborhoods. Bullcocky, I say. The teens could have easily traversed into a less diverse neighborhood down the street and do the same thing. They were acting like a bunch of punks and they'll be prosecuted. Their behavior is inexcusable..but come on, going back to the days of this person has their side of the street, and that person has theirs...that isn't how the world at large works.
There are "non-white" people living all around me. Diversity for the sake of diversity is a problem in my opinion. Normal people living in solid family oriented neighborhoods are just that: normal people. When people speak of "diverse neighborhoods" they are generally referring to something very different from hardworking, two-parent family neighborhoods where the majority of residents are homeowners who respect their communities, regardless of race.

As for non-Americans, flat out I do not want to be anywhere near immigrant neighborhoods. When they assimilate and move out as generations go by, then we can talk.

Old 10-21-2013, 03:29 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post

You're 100% right about how the world at large not working like that. But keep in mind like the poster you're criticizing, there are old school New Yorkers who have barely left their ethnic neighborhoods that they identify with so much.

Old 10-21-2013, 03:34 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,955 times
Quote:
There are "non-white" people living all around me. Diversity for the sake of diversity is a problem in my opinion. Normal people living in solid family oriented neighborhoods are just that: normal people. When people speak of "diverse neighborhoods" they are generally referring to something very different from hardworking, two-parent family neighborhoods where the majority of residents are homeowners who respect their communities, regardless of race.

As for non-Americans, flat out I do not want to be anywhere near immigrant neighborhoods. When they assimilate and move out as generations go by, then we can talk.
Do you want to say that "non-Americans" immigrants are not hardworking? Are they not two-parent families and they have not respect to their communities?

Old 10-21-2013, 03:49 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,955 times
Quote:
As for non-Americans, flat out I do not want to be anywhere near immigrant neighborhoods.
It is ok, it's your choice.
But please don't be fastidiously arrogant to the f*ing non-americans. They are humans too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City