Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2013, 07:15 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Much like 95% of black on white incidents these days are swept under the rug and if it wasn't for the internet, no one would ever know about them. But you don't ever see blacks or black apologists ever mention this do you?

And of course no hate crime in that Brooklyn couple beating. No surprise there.

Hate crime charges dropped against black teens accused of beating white Brooklyn couple - NY Daily News
It's very difficult to prove that a crime is a hate crime. I suspect it was dropped because of the difficulty in prosecuting it.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:27 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,923,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
It's very difficult to prove that a crime is a hate crime. I suspect it was dropped because of the difficulty in prosecuting it.
It is very difficult to prove because the boundaries are not precisely enough defined, the move from aggravated harassment. It is hard to prove against people of any race ...

The police are looking for a guy who punched someone in the face, mid-afternoon, on the 125th bus a few weeks ago. Someone in my neighborhood was on the bus and told me about it. According to him, the guy did, indeed, call the person a "cracker." Apparently more than once. I have no idea if there is a news story, no time to research, but it came up at a community meeting as well.

One of the family shelter residents has just this last week gotten himself into trouble for calling one of the co-op owners a "stupid cracker," numerous times, part of a tirade because the guy told him to move from the steps of his building. This time there were many witnesses, including a security person. The family is being removed.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Lol dude knows he's a savage too. But makes good money, so does not care. There are plenty of savages out there. Calling him one is not because he is a black man, which it sounds like you're insinuating that us collective whitey is saying.
Just wait til you call some THUG a thug and people jump down your throat for being racist. Of course, they will only jump down your throat if the person you are calling a thug is black.

If you look in the NY Times, you see the word thug used in plenty of instances for people of different races. This includes Russian mafia, Italian mafia, Middle Eastern killers, and "the Thug" is even the name for the white cartoon figure that has been printed on the official 2-dimensional target practice poster since the 1960s.

But here on C-D, if you use the word in its correct and proper way, you get accused of racism. That's just how it is here.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:36 PM

Found a story, if anyone is interested:

Bus rider’s face smashed in during ‘hate attack’ | New York Post

Old 10-27-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
But here on C-D, if you use the word in its correct and proper way, you get accused of racism. That's just how it is here.
Don't respond to the dumb and crazy people.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:40 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Much like 95% of black on white incidents these days are swept under the rug and if it wasn't for the internet, no one would ever know about them. But you don't ever see blacks or black apologists ever mention this do you?

And of course no hate crime in that Brooklyn couple beating. No surprise there.

Hate crime charges dropped against black teens accused of beating white Brooklyn couple - NY Daily News

Was it because they happened to be black and the couple was white that makes it a race crime or does it make it a crime of opportunity? This is what makes determining hate crime so difficult. If a black/latinos guy walks through a predominate white neighborhood what is the motivation for attacking them? If it is not to rob them it is either personal or racial. If a white couple walks through a black/latino neighborhood and attacks them it is assumed that they were going to be robbed, since white people are though to always have money. This is in contrast with the fact that blackslatinos have nothing that a white person wants worth taking.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
It is very difficult to prove because the boundaries are not precisely enough defined, the move from aggravated harassment. It is hard to prove against people of any race ...

The police are looking for a guy who punched someone in the face, mid-afternoon, on the 125th bus a few weeks ago. Someone in my neighborhood was on the bus and told me about it. According to him, the guy did, indeed, call the person a "cracker." Apparently more than once. I have no idea if there is a news story, no time to research, but it came up at a community meeting as well.

One of the family shelter residents has just this last week gotten himself into trouble for calling one of the co-op owners a "stupid cracker," numerous times, part of a tirade because the guy told him to move from the steps of his building. This time there were many witnesses, including a security person. The family is being removed.
Yes, it was on the news. Police: Suspect Punched Man After Making Racial Comments On Harlem Bus « CBS New York

Old 10-27-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Just wait til you call some THUG a thug and people jump down your throat for being racist. Of course, they will only jump down your throat if the person you are calling a thug is black.

If you look in the NY Times, you see the word thug used in plenty of instances for people of different races. This includes Russian mafia, Italian mafia, Middle Eastern killers, and "the Thug" is even the name for the white cartoon figure that has been printed on the official 2-dimensional target practice poster since the 1960s.

How about if you refer to a black activist as a savage? What do you think of that?

Old 10-27-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
This is in contrast with the fact that blackslatinos have nothing that a white person wants worth taking.
Geez, that is so racist. You are saying that all blacks and latinos are so poor they have nothing worth taking. I can't believe you. Sick.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
I don't listen to or watch any of them. Nor do I really even watch news shows in general like that (once in a while for a laugh, on both sides of the political spectrum). Well done on jumping to conclusions and making generalizations though.

Just so I have this straight: If you have bad things to say about Al Sharpton, you are automatically both a rabid racist and some sort of conservative talking point? I'm learning a lot of new things on this forum lately. I just want to be certain that I'm getting this correctly...

I don't have a probelm with anyone critizing what he does or even calling him out on some things, but come on there are certain things that you really should not call another person unless it is factual. This holds true especially if it has some racial connotations. Anyone who has a least an high school vocabulary could have described him in any other way but a savage. That was an intentional racial barb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City