Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2013, 06:21 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
It's not admitting you're wrong when you say, "I will admit when I'm wrong, but..."

If you want to admit you were wrong, then write, "I will admit that I was wrong" and end the sentence before adding a "but" to cry about how you weren't really wrong.
Now at this point ask me if I really care how you feel about my writing skills?

Old 10-31-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
What form of Catholicism says that sex before marriage is ok, but it's not ok to use birth control?
Since you have this thing for whatever reason to prove me wrong, first of all are you catholic? Secondly please read this:

Roman Catholicism[edit]

The Catholic Church is opposed to artificial contraception and orgasmic acts outside of the context of marital intercourse.[SIZE=2][3][/SIZE] This belief dates back to the first centuries of Christianity.[SIZE=2][4][/SIZE] Such acts are considered intrinsically disordered because of the belief that all licit sexual acts must be both unitive (express love), and procreative (open to procreation). The only form of birth control permitted is abstinence. Modern scientific methods of "periodic abstinence" such as natural family planning (NFP) were counted as a form of abstinence by Pope Paul VI in his 1968 encyclical Humanae Vitae.[SIZE=2][5][/SIZE] The following is the condemnation of contraception

Finally, I never said anything regarding premartial or otherwise I just stated that they do not condone the use of birth control.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:40 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Please explain what is "black culture"?
What we white people watch on BET.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
What we white people watch on BET.
Apparently it runs alot in Canada as well.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:10 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,132,425 times
Quote:
Now at this point ask me if I really care how you feel about my writing skills?
It baffles me when people who are engaged in a debate on here don't think that the quality or clarity of their writing matters.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:30 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Quote:

Why don't you google "Black Wall St" and "Rosewood" and come back and talk "history" with us all since your veiws on American blacks and history is a little askewed. Actually I think that your understanding of american history has come from watching too much of "Birth of a Nation" over and over again.

I was about to say he was an avid BIRTH OF A NATION watcher as well and not just HIM either.

I don't even know why you posted the Black Wall Street and Rosewood info. They don't care about that. People like Max and the others who post their "scared caucasian" drivel also believe that the Holocaust never happened. There were no ovens nor gas showers. All made up.

I can't help but read this nonsense and go right back to Malcolm X's quote "The victimizers will start making THEMSELVES the VICTIMS".

Which is why no one of color ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD can take them seriously.

And by "people of color", I'm referring to everyone NOT FROM EUROPEAN ORIGINS for the Archie Bunkers here.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:56 PM

Quote:
It baffles me when people who are engaged in a debate on here don't think that the quality or clarity of their writing matters.
Perhaps you should be in the writing forum. There are a multitude of people with varying levels of education and the only time that I questioned what they wrote was only for clarification. I look at it as a common courteousy. I already attempted to explain what happened when I wrote it, but apparently you are content to dwell on such trival matters rather than address the subject at hand. I think that it is interesting that you have already admitted that you knew what I was saying, but yet you still ignore it and focused on how I said it. Is'nt that called "misdirection"?

Old 10-31-2013, 10:15 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,132,425 times
Quote:
Perhaps you should be in the writing forum. There are a multitude of people with varying levels of education and the only time that I questioned what they wrote was only for clarification. I look at it as a common courteousy. I already attempted to explain what happened when I wrote it, but apparently you are content to dwell on such trival matters rather than address the subject at hand. I think that it is interesting that you have already admitted that you knew what I was saying, but yet you still ignore it and focused on how I said it. Is'nt that called "misdirection"?
Look, I tried to explain it to you the first time and you chose not to get it. I gave you that feedback on your writing AFTER you were cocky and condescending towards others about their alleged intellectual inferiority.

Even the status that you have set on your profile, which appears on every post ("Is stupidity an inherited trait? Go ask your mother") is condescending and unnecessary.

Your communication is poor and your attitude is worse.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:34 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,377,113 times
Simetime...you are new here...and not paying attention since you are misquoting me. Read the thread more thoroughly before throwing around your "knowledge". He reminds me of Banksy...an outsider whose idea of spreading wisdom is vandalizing private property and then accusing others of being mindless, inept, uncultured sheep.

Old 11-01-2013, 05:05 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
You didn't have to. Your dissertations, charts, graphs and sign/notarized letters from Stormfront did.
Wow surprised it took you this long to mention Stormfront lol.

You're right I DO like to discuss things with facts and figures because that's what's relevant to most discussions. The question is why do YOU have such an aversion to numbers and logic when it comes to black crime?

If you're buying a car, do you buy it based on feeling or do you actually research numbers like mpg, cost of maintainance, safety rating etc? If you're shopping around for a credit card or a mortgage do you compare rates, features and other benefits before you commit to choosing one? If you're looking for a new TV, do you not compare different brands and see what they have to offer before buying?

The point is why is it in so many faucets of your life you're fine in dealing in facts, figures, rates, proportions, comparisons etc, but when it comes to discussing crime all that goes out the window all of a sudden? How come none of that matters anymore?

Quote:
Then why are you commenting on NEW YORK CITY issues? You don't live here.

That's like me going into the WV, IA, and OR forums discussing *ish I DON'T KNOW, but have only READ on the INTERNET.
You're SOOOOO right! My apologies!! I didn't know that INTERRACIAL CRIME was ONLY a New York issue and that no other city in the entire US and certainly no other country in the entire world has to deal with interracial crime because its ONLY a New York thing. How silly of me!

I was born in the US and have lived in several US cities before moving to Canada and see that regardless of how different a history that blacks in the US have had vs blacks in Canada and black immigrants who arrived later on, the result is the same. IE blacks in both countries commit the most crime per capita out of any race/ethnicity.

So can you tell me why this is? That blacks in Canada who weren't enslaved or discriminated against anymore than the Chinese or any other immigrants here why is it that they're the only ones that commit crime at high rates much like their American counterparts? Please explain this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Racist dogma and whining from a man who hates blacks.

FYI most blacks are not violent. Nor are we a monolithic community. And so we have no need for the type of advise that you rant about. You have nothing to "advise" an MBA from a top school in this country. And there are thousands of us out there.
The only way that you can say that most blacks aren't violent is in absolute terms which is MEANINGLESS. Why don't you deal in numbers that MATTER, IE comparing RATES of crime which tell the real story.

Also if you say you're not a monolithic community and want to be treated as individuals, then why do you people keep bringing up your COLLECTIVE SLAVERY AND OPPRESSION in the past to explain black crime today?

On the one hand you say 'treat us as individuals and not as a entire single group of people', but when it comes to the past its 'blacks as a GROUP were oppressed and mistreated and even in the present it still happens to us. Its because of ALL you whites and your discrimination that's the main reason why blacks have so many problems today'. As if I PERSONALLY and the vast majority of white people living today had anything to do with the past.

So tell me why is it that blacks want to be treated as individuals, but they REFUSE to treats whites as individuals? IE what happened hundreds of years ago had NOTHING to do with whites living today in the here and now, therefore stop blaming US for what our ancestors did and take responsibility for your actions now instead of bringing up the past as a default excuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City