Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-21-2013, 11:52 AM
 
6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times
Reputation: 6396

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
who even cares what this retard thinks anymore, pretty soon he will be history and not a moment too soon. i am sick of him already
Every time I hear his name, see his face or they quote something from his company I get this intense feeling of hatred for some reason. It's really odd, because I do not know this man PERSONALLY to feel this way about him, but I do.

He truly is a jack..hole, especially after that crack he made about DiBlasio being a "racist" for using HIS interracial family to help campaign for him.

Like what da freaking f----k??!!

If he was to get into a fatal accident or dropped dead from natural causes today not a damn tear would be shed, just an intense sense of relief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-21-2013, 01:05 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn New York
18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
Reputation: 28008
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Every time I hear his name, see his face or they quote something from his company I get this intense feeling of hatred for some reason. It's really odd, because I do not know this man PERSONALLY to feel this way about him, but I do.

He truly is a jack..hole, especially after that crack he made about DiBlasio being a "racist" for using HIS interracial family to help campaign for him.

Like what da freaking f----k??!!

If he was to get into a fatal accident or dropped dead from natural causes today not a damn tear would be shed, just an intense sense of relief.

It's ok, you are not alone, I feel the same way.

I have it in for him because of the tourist helicopters that he re-instated after Guilaini banned them for noise pollution, anyway, I have this fantasy of Bloomberg in a helicopter, and................

somehow it ends up at the bottom of the East River.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2013, 01:08 PM
 
Location: Bergen County, NJ
9,847 posts, read 25,241,325 times
Reputation: 3629
Bloombucks unhinged, now on Broadway!!!

He's starting to remind me of the cranky old grandpa who stopped caring what others thought and is just letting it all out..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2013, 01:14 PM
 
Location: USA
8,011 posts, read 11,401,825 times
Reputation: 3454
affordable is not affordable anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2013, 01:57 PM
 
1,687 posts, read 1,282,192 times
Reputation: 2731
That's because healthy economy "statistics" never compute whether poor people are "able" to purchase goods in a given area, they instead compute whether wealthy people "want" to buy goods in a given area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2013, 11:38 PM
 
15,839 posts, read 14,472,390 times
Reputation: 11916
If you think Bloomberg and this 20-something billion dollars are going to get out of NYC politics once he leaves office, you are sadly mistaken. He going to be using his money to keep his agenda going.

Not NYC necessarily, but he was a major backer of Cory Booker's senate run. All of the pro-Booker TV commercials I saw running were from Bloomberg's PAC, not the Booker campaign. Look for him to do the same in NYC/NYS, and then call in the markers when he want something done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2013, 12:31 AM
 
25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times
Reputation: 10120
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
If you think Bloomberg and this 20-something billion dollars are going to get out of NYC politics once he leaves office, you are sadly mistaken. He going to be using his money to keep his agenda going.

Not NYC necessarily, but he was a major backer of Cory Booker's senate run. All of the pro-Booker TV commercials I saw running were from Bloomberg's PAC, not the Booker campaign. Look for him to do the same in NYC/NYS, and then call in the markers when he want something done.
Doesn't mean Booker has to listen to Bloomberg, once elected. Bloomberg, even when he was mayor had little real influence out of NYC. His anti gun campaign was laughed at nationally. He couldn't pass congestion pricing. He could not restore the commuter tax. He is not a politically skilled man and only became mayor in NYC because he rode Giuliani's coat tails into power. Giuliani himself is finished politically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2013, 01:28 AM
 
Location: Tucson/Nogales
23,221 posts, read 29,034,905 times
Reputation: 32626
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
who even cares what this retard thinks anymore, pretty soon he will be history and not a moment too soon. i am sick of him already
Let's hope the new mayor has more common sense, and brings some much-needed seediness back to NYC. As it stands, I now refer to Manhattan as the San Diego of the East Coast!

Not every tourist wants to go to a city that screams safety and cleanliness. NYC is no longer of my travel list, as San Francisco now offers me all I'm looking for in a major city, the seedy Tenderloin district and the Tijuana-style Mission District. If Bloomberg had been mayor of San Francisco the past 12, none of that would exist!

Bloomberg is way, way too detached to even think of the plight of the poor!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2013, 01:55 AM
 
25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times
Reputation: 10120
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Let's hope the new mayor has more common sense, and brings some much-needed seediness back to NYC. As it stands, I now refer to Manhattan as the San Diego of the East Coast!

Not every tourist wants to go to a city that screams safety and cleanliness. NYC is no longer of my travel list, as San Francisco now offers me all I'm looking for in a major city, the seedy Tenderloin district and the Tijuana-style Mission District. If Bloomberg had been mayor of San Francisco the past 12, none of that would exist!

Bloomberg is way, way too detached to even think of the plight of the poor!
The seediness may not be coming back. I seriously doubt the real estate investors that bought up Manhattan are going to allow it to come back. They are perfectly happy with the money they are getting and the returns on their investment. So they don't need seediness.

And to be honest, for 20 years NYC elected mayors that got rid of seediness, so that shows you what the local population thought of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:24 PM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top