Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 08:21 AM

1,999 posts, read 4,996,363 times

Advertisements

We must have a revolution against these zoned out losers disengaged from life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 08:28 AM

466 posts, read 902,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyziggy View Post
Hi guys,

If my neighbors in the same condo building smoke pot in public areas like the hallways, stairwells, and elevator, what can we do about this? Management has already warned against such activity but continues to happen.
Ask if they'll share.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:29 AM

466 posts, read 902,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
We must have a revolution against these zoned out losers disengaged from life.
Are you 'on the green' right now?

Old 10-22-2013, 08:29 AM

9,247 posts, read 24,077,765 times
Quote:
i am not against them doing anything inside their own properties, just not in public areas. Besides, the smoke is so strong it even comes through our doors.
I agree.I'd be pissed if I saw anyone in my building even smoking a cigarette or a cigar in the lobby,stairs or elevators or hallways. Have never encountered that either but pot smoking should be no different in my book.Inside someone's apartment, fine but not in any public spaces.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:39 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,244,838 times
Quote:
Hi guys,

If my neighbors in the same condo building smoke pot in public areas like the hallways, stairwells, and elevator, what can we do about this? Management has already warned against such activity but continues to happen.
No cameras? If not try to get them installed. Or you can go the grimy route and try to tape them somehow and then send it to your management.

In the meantime get a door sweep. Should keep most of the odors out.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:48 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Quote:
Why don't they smoke in their own apt?
In my co-op there are the Puritans who claim they can even smell it coming out under the door. Some people have too much time on their hands.

I have no use for marijuana, never my favorite drug, but Jeez, live and let live. There are so few joys in life must we have Carrie Nation smashing up saloons all over again.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:58 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
The smell does come out from under the door. I lived in an apartment building and I HATED having to smell the hallways reeking of 50 different things.

When your 5 year old says, "What's that smell??" what do you tell them? I had no problem with people smoking pot in their apartments but they could at least open a window. The people on our floor were so trashy. Both were always in between jobs and always looked wasted and grimey. You got a contact high getting off the elevator. Best day of our lives (pretty much everyone in the building) was when they got thrown out for not paying rent.

If we should "live and let live" then what's the difference if people are loitering in the stairwells and hallways and getting drunk? I agree we should all enjoy life but there should be some decency when people have to share common spaces.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:07 PM

155 posts, read 259,050 times
Smoke with them - In all seriousness, you can just confront your neighbor and tell em to open the windows.. If it's seeping into your own apt it means they're not venting it. OR just tell them to cover the door w/ rags or towels, etc

Old 10-22-2013, 01:35 PM

1,119 posts, read 2,653,832 times
Call the cops, tell them some drug dealers and Al Qaeda look alike living in apt xx. Urge them to act fast because you just saw them making something looks like a bomb. When the swat team knock down their door, you will be free of stinky smell.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:41 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,244,838 times
The apartment building I previously lived in had a lot of smokers weed and cigs and I can definitely say the smoke travels. The super for instance was a big cigar smoker and the smoke would travel up through the garbage shoot and elevator shaft from the basement into the apartments. Like I said a sweep helps though. I don't have a problem with people smoking or smoking weed. I think weed should be legal, but smoking in the common spaces is inconsiderate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City