Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 07:47 PM

1,739 posts, read 2,566,942 times

Advertisements

I still don't understand why people are shocked at him buying an expensive belt. I personally think there is nothing wrong with the occasional luxury purchase here and there, as long as it's kept in check. It gives a young person something to be excited about and work towards. And if it's quality it'll last a very long time. To me that is smarter than buying a few $30-40 belts that are poorly made that you'll ultimately get rid of in a few years. I still have belts from early college. The ones I actually kept? The expensive, classic, and well-made ones of course. And I wear them frequently still.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:13 PM

13,447 posts, read 15,466,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Are the complaints really against minorities as such ? Or a certain class of people who may be minorities ?

"Minorities" has most often meant people of a certain race not in the majority. Is that what you mean ?

Granted, people of certain social and cultural groups complain more, commit too many crimes, and so on. But this has little to do with race, essentially.

You might argue that it is just language - but it is actually quite significant how we talk about things.
Don't bother engaging in discourse with him. there are folks on here that you can have a back and forth, but he's one dude who largely posts nonsense. He basically does verbal drive-bys...you can't really expect anything meaningful in response.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mps0909 View Post
the biggest complaint white people have against minorities is--- They complain to much, commit too much crime and take more out of the pie than they put in, the latter two have been proven as fact.
Really now? Well our household pays a helluva lot in taxes, probably as much as yours or more, and what have we "taken"? ZIP.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:33 PM

402 posts, read 811,246 times
Yea, The fact that minorities are over representred in every facet off public assistance tells that "you" have taken much more than ZIP! If it wasnt for Europe the rest of the world would be dancing around fire, rubbing each others bellies and drinking blood.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Yea, The fact that minorities are over representred in every facet off public assistance tells that "you" have taken much more than ZIP! If it wasnt for Europe the rest of the world would be dancing around fire, rubbing each others bellies and drinking blood.
Wow, you really are a dolt, aren't you? Did you fall asleep during "World History" class? You know, the class that discussed such non-Euro people as the Incas, the Mayas, the Japanese, the Chinese, the Africans, the Moors? You know, people who had thriving citadels/civilizations/cultures waaaaay before Europeans ever landed?

Old 10-25-2013, 08:41 PM

Thriving lol? They werent thriving enough to defend themselves adequeately though... Believe what Jew York City Schools told you, Minorities are the best. Even though there IQ's on average are close to retard levels they are capable of everything!!!

Old 10-25-2013, 08:45 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,047,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
ASians as agroup are among the most educated immigranst based on census data. Only Africans are ahead of them. While there are uneducated Chinese immigrant, Asians on the whole are more educated than your average white American.

And as to the kids from poor Chinese families. Well I have seen enough of them to know that they have many problems. This has become increasingly apparent with the new wave of collge grads having problems finding jobs consistent with having a college degree.

They might acquire the credentials but the question is whether they have the soft skills needed to thrive. Or are they held back by the poor NYC public school system which ensures that they know how to check the write multiple choice box, but not how to communicate properly.

But the fact remains that the average Asian immigrant is MORE educated then the average WHITE American, so clearly well ahead of blacks and Hispanics.
Yes I do agree that Asian Americans as a group are more education. I was just pointing out that you were trying to trivialize the fact that Asian Americans do so well because they were brought up by educated immigrant parents. That is total BS if that was the point you were trying to make. If it wasn't then I've misinterpreted your point. I know for a fact that most of the educated Asian American immigrants today have parents that barely speak any English and in addition most of their parents didn't get past elementary school in their own third work countries back then. The best job that anyone of my Chinese friends' parents held going up was a bus boy gig in the UES paying $100 a day five days a week in the early to mid 90s. The ones that spoke no English were mostly just stuck working in Chinese restaurants and sweat shop jobs.

As for the job situation of new college grads including Asians the past 5 years, unless you went to a reputable school you can forget about landing a job at a decent firm with decent starting pay (>70k+ first year) and I can't emphasize this point enough...."especially" for those that still very much look/speak/act like an immigrant. NYU is the minimum for most firms nowadays, but of course there are always numerous exceptions especially if you have some strong technical skills or connections. No one said life's easy. For those that do have the educational credentials, but can't find a job...well they better think about what other value they can provide society since white collar jobs aren't the end all be all or else they'll join the growing group of young rejects we have in this country. We live in a more globalized economy now, you either step up your game, get lucky, schmooze your way in, or GTFO straight to the welfare line.

Last edited by bumblebyz; 10-25-2013 at 09:37 PM..

Old 10-25-2013, 08:48 PM

you can put thousands of statistics in front of the cry baby "Gimme yo house Whitey" minorities, to prove that their failure is due to their incompetence as opposed to racism, but they will shout "You ignorant" "KKK" etc, to divert the attention from their failures as competent human beings.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Thriving lol? They werent thriving enough to defend themselves adequeately though... Believe what Jew York City Schools told you, Minorities are the best. Even though there IQ's on average are close to retard levels they are capable of everything!!!
It's really easy to have fun at your expense....

With your supposedly higher intellect, you don't seem to know the difference between "their" and "there" and when to appropriately use an apostrophe. And, I'm sorry, what is the word "adequeately"?

Old 10-25-2013, 08:54 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
College student who is not rich from what I could gather and your dropping $350 on a belt. lol damn. $350 is book or food money! He definitely should not have been arrested and store and NYPD(as usual) handled it terribly but these young kids gotta wake up with this materialism. GEt your priorities in check.
What does materialism have to do with the way that person was treated?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City