Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 12:47 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,063,208 times

Advertisements

Sirtiger...may I suggest you read this. It might help you...

Orthorexia Nervosa | National Eating Disorders Association
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 12:51 PM

8,679 posts, read 11,069,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post

educating read.

nah, doesn't apply to me. not even close. I didn't complain about expensive crap food the OP was eating....well I assume the OP mentioned soda.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:04 PM

483 posts, read 869,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambados View Post
Why is food so expensive in NYC, almost never free soda refill and smaller portions in general?!
It sucks eating out besides fast food crap.

NYC food cost is almost as expensive as European cities
New York City is pricey. Two of our boroughs (Manhattan and Brooklyn) have become the two most expensive places in the United States to live. Since the area has a high cost of living, no surprise to us that food is costly as well. If you looking for a free soft dink refill, try a few Burger Kings throughout city. Most franchises cannot afford to offer free drink refills due to high cost of rent that owners pay monthly. Of course, profits never reach pockets of blue collar workers at fast food joints. These workers can barely afford to eat in them.
Smart New Yorkers find creative ways to circumvent high food prices. You could join a food co-op. I know of a Staten Island nurse who grows fruit, raises chickens, and has bees make honey. All is done in his backyard. Less fortunate New Yorkers do other things to help make ends meet. They may shop at Entenmann's outlets for bread and pastry to prepare daily lunches for children and themselves. It beats buying mystery deli sandwiches and dirty water hot dogs !

Old 10-23-2013, 01:12 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Cut your food bill in half...cook every meal at home.
It is dreary and boring...but it works.

Don't assume I follow my own advice, I hate to cook but do so to keep a fiscal balance. So it's half in and half out on a dollar basis.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:27 PM

268 posts, read 480,833 times
Quote:

You have been busy pushing that today, haven't you?

I'm glad you've learned something new and want to share it with everyone else, old sport..

Old 10-23-2013, 02:13 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,063,208 times
Im trying to help you and the many other posters on here who obviously have a food problem.

Im concerned with your mental health

Hope it didnt hit home too hard.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:34 PM

912 posts, read 2,098,594 times
Yea, if you go to Le Bernardin

Old 10-23-2013, 02:45 PM

268 posts, read 480,833 times
Quote:
im trying to help you and the many other posters on here who obviously have a food problem.

Im concerned with your mental health

hope it didnt hit home too hard.

Mods!!!

Old 10-23-2013, 03:17 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,840,657 times
It's not a political thread... It's even not about racial issues or sport either...
But some people are contriving to be rude even here.

Old 10-23-2013, 03:22 PM

364 posts, read 708,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Any good lunch deals in Financial District? Besides Pizza and Yips. Struggling to find something else in the $5-6 range.
I usually get my lamb over rice from the street cart (two Spanish ladies) in front of 1 chase manhattan plaza on Nassau Street. They also have gyro's and burgers. The lines are usually very long between 12-1pm.

There's also a Subway Sandwich at the corner of Exchange Place and New Street (Across from Bravo cafe)

There's a Vietnam sandwich cart at the corner of William Street and Pearl Street that's also pretty good. $6.00 on average.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City