Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 11:53 PM

530 posts, read 1,352,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mps0909 View Post
Do you know who MR. MEDIAN IS... I am talking about the average guy, Why cant people ever understand that? When any group says this race is X, Y or Z..
I'm saying that it's impossible to know how the median person acts.

1. You don't know everybody or most people of every race (you would need that info to know what the median/mean is.

2. There is no data available on that (and even if there was then it would not be very valid since the study likely would only encompass a microscopic fraction of the entire population).

My point is that who you THINK is the median is completely a matter of personal perception. Depending on who you are, where you live, the breadth of life experience you have, how much media-influenced you are and where/how you grew up; then your perception of the "median ----- person" would be MUCH DIFFERENT.

- If you lived next to a poor white trailer park then your perception of the median white person would be much different than if you grew up next to whites in Aspen, CO.
- If you lived up next to the public housing projects then your perception of the median black person would be much different than if you lived near certain parts of LA.
- If you lived in the South Bronx then your perception of the median hispanic would be much different then if you were in a couple parts of Miami.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2013, 12:02 AM

402 posts, read 807,879 times
Yes, Yes, to the average *******, they see it that way, I am an intelligent man not extremely. We are not talking about the average black guy Ive met and the average white guy. We are not talking about perceptions we are talking about average's, and I may have gotten a little off base with personality traits but that was to prove a point. You cannot agree, that due to different ethnicities evolving over thousands and thousands of years with no contact with other peoples, with different climates and resources, that different types of people wouldn't develop a different skill set than others?

Old 10-26-2013, 12:06 AM

These are things anyone without bias and some kind of agenda would accept... Black people are better athletes this fact is indisputable. I am not making excuses stating "well white people are brought up in better socio economic status so therefore there parents indulge them in more expensive hobbies than sports" so black people arent really better athletes... no Im not going to do that because I believe in recognizing facts, especially when they are so obvious

Old 10-26-2013, 12:08 AM

13,437 posts, read 15,345,361 times
Quote:
Yes, Yes, to the average *******, they see it that way, I am an intelligent man not extremely. We are not talking about the average black guy Ive met and the average white guy. We are not talking about perceptions we are talking about average's, and I may have gotten a little off base with personality traits but that was to prove a point. You cannot agree, that due to different ethnicities evolving over thousands and thousands of years with no contact with other peoples, with different climates and resources, that different types of people wouldn't develop a different skill set than others?
You are? I weep for your children.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:10 AM

Oh yea good one buddy... "Your Ignorant" Is that next, jack off?

Old 10-26-2013, 12:13 AM

13,437 posts, read 15,345,361 times
Quote:
Oh yea good one buddy... "Your Ignorant" Is that next, jack off?
Heh, I think YOU are the one who needs to jack off. Or something, you wet noodle you.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:40 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,820,596 times
Quote:
These are things anyone without bias and some kind of agenda would accept... Black people are better athletes this fact is indisputable. I am not making excuses stating "well white people are brought up in better socio economic status so therefore there parents indulge them in more expensive hobbies than sports" so black people arent really better athletes... no Im not going to do that because I believe in recognizing facts, especially when they are so obvious
Black people are not better athletes. Most Black people are not good athletes. Only a small minority of people in any race are good athletes.

To be a good athlete, not only do you naturally need to have the body for it, you have to undergo grueling training that most people can't or won't do!

There are plenty of short, fat, and small framed Black people who naturally are not good athletes, and if you knew anything about sports beyond watching tv, you never would say something so stupid. Have you ever even been to a gym?

Old 10-26-2013, 01:11 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,820,596 times
Out of wedlock pregnancies have nothing to do with being Black. In fact, there's no such thing as Black people per se. These are all political categories.

In parts of Africa, where you have high numbers of Muslims, guess what would happen if a woman had a baby out of wedlock?

She'd be STONED to death!

CNN.com - Woman sentenced to stoning freed - Feb. 23, 2004

and

Safiya Hussaini - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Single motherhood was rare among Black Americans until the 60s. It was more or less unacceptable until the war on poverty created easy welfare by the 60s.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:52 AM

72,805 posts, read 62,121,069 times
Quote:
Because the problem is that you never question anything. I question things. You have to think critically instead of taking things at face value. Being about to do that display very good intelligence. In order to call yourself intelligent, one thing is to be able to think critically, instead of taking everything at face value.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:03 AM

72,805 posts, read 62,121,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Out of wedlock pregnancies have nothing to do with being Black. In fact, there's no such thing as Black people per se. These are all political categories.

In parts of Africa, where you have high numbers of Muslims, guess what would happen if a woman had a baby out of wedlock?

She'd be STONED to death!

CNN.com - Woman sentenced to stoning freed - Feb. 23, 2004

and

Safiya Hussaini - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Single motherhood was rare among Black Americans until the 60s. It was more or less unacceptable until the war on poverty created easy welfare by the 60s.
And there is also something else to consider. If one wants to compare countries, there are countries in Europe with high out of wedlock births.

Iceland - 65%
Estonia - 59.7%
Slovenia - 56.8%
Bulgaria - 56.1%
France - 55.8%
Norway - 55%
Sweden - 54.3%

And the same is true for many Latin American nations:

Panama - 80%
El Salvador - 73%
Paraguay - 70%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City