Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 08:11 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times

Advertisements

I really wish the city would get these hoodrats in check with this.

Staten Island woman swindled city out of $62,000 in welfare benefits despite owning her own business and two homes: authorities* - NY Daily News

Quote:
Investigators cuffed a 43-year-old Staten Island woman they claim swindled the Big Apple out of $62,000 in phony welfare claims, prosecutors announced Thursday.

Staten Island District Attorney Dan Donovan said Inna Kulik repeatedly applied for cash assistance, food stamps and Medicaid from the city’s Human Resources Administration between 2006 and 2010, even though she co-owned a hydro-colon therapy business in New Jersey and owned two homes.

Investigators believe she used the $62,000 she received from the city to fund trips to Mexico and Europe.

Kulik didn’t report that she was employed or owned property in Staten Island when she filled out public assistance applications, Donovan said Thursday.

“Bad actors in Staten Island need to understand that they will not get away with stealing taxpayer dollars meant to help those who need it,” he said.

Read more: Staten Island woman swindled city out of $62,000 in welfare benefits despite owning her own business and two homes: authorities* - NY Daily News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 08:34 AM
DAS

2,532 posts, read 6,859,360 times
Marilyn220 you wanna be starting something on this forum? Don't you know only AA with southern ancestry receive welfare on this city?

Anyway this is nothing new with the Eastern European community. HRA has taken many steps to combat fraud from this community. They are not alone, they along with others own properties outside the US and operate cash only businesses. They will admit that they work at the business and say they make little money. The difference in the Eastern European community over the others is that many that receive assistance have a great amount of personal wealth.

It is difficult to trace property ownership outside of the US but they are working on it.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:47 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,561,914 times
Waiting for the outpouring of anti-welfare people in 3...2...1

Oh, who am I kidding? This is not the correct target. Sorry, marilyn220. This doesn't line up with the philosophy of who lazy bums on welfare are. Try again...

Old 10-25-2013, 08:52 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,669,806 times
The fact of the matter is, people from all walks of life readily steal from the government without any morale qualms. This goes from government contractors to food stamp recipients. There is really no need to finger point at any particular ethnic or socioeconomic group as if they were the worst perpetrators of this type of activity. I don't know what the solution is because while a lot of government programs are necessary, there is just not enough oversight to prevent abuse. Perhaps a psychological study can be done to see how to make people realize stealing from the government is just as bad as stealing from another person.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:54 AM

2,008 posts, read 4,723,877 times
Soooooo she swindled 62k out of taxpayers... now she's going to go to jail and most likely get a public appointed lawyer... which is going to be more money spent on her by tax payers.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:59 AM

1,271 posts, read 3,232,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnayyy View Post
Soooooo she swindled 62k out of taxpayers... now she's going to go to jail and most likely get a public appointed lawyer... which is going to be more money spent on her by tax payers.
Given that she's in trouble from making (way) too much money for welfare, there is zero chance her income is low enough to qualify for a court-appointed lawyer.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:00 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,214,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njnyckid View Post
Waiting for the outpouring of anti-welfare people in 3...2...1

Oh, who am I kidding? This is not the correct target. Sorry, marilyn220. This doesn't line up with the philosophy of who lazy bums on welfare are. Try again...
I can pretty much guarantee you that nobody would downplay the actions of this welfare scum because of her skin pigment. It's simply that in this particular area of the country, the overwhelming majority of cases of this type of thing are from blacks and hispanics. Go to white trash area forums on CD and link instances from skells in those areas. Link those threads to me. See if I get offended. Hell, I'll comment on em with you.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:11 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,561,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
I can pretty much guarantee you that nobody would downplay the actions of this welfare scum because of her skin pigment. It's simply that in this particular area of the country, the overwhelming majority of cases of this type of thing are from blacks and hispanics. Go to white trash area forums on CD and link instances from skells in those areas. Link those threads to me. See if I get offended. Hell, I'll comment on em with you.
LOL I am not buying that one bit! Seriously, come on. There have been too many posts on this forum that were either filled with coded language or nearly flat out race related. It's been said quite a few times, hell even just recently, how many Hasidic Jewish families receive welfare out the woodwork and I have not seen nearly as much bashing on them. I just don't believe it at all.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:15 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
I need for you to find a recent story or something within the last 20 years or so where somebody black or hispanic was caught doing what this woman did.

The people who WORK for HRA (not just in NYC, but all over the country) are the ones that scam and create fake identities accounts. Real people cannot do this.

The "overwhelming" amount of people who do this sort of thing live in Williamsburg, Brooklyn (and I'm not talking about the transplants either) the middle east and eastern europe.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:19 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,214,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njnyckid View Post
LOL I am not buying that one bit! Seriously, come on. There have been too many posts on this forum that were either filled with coded language or nearly flat out race related. It's been said quite a few times, hell even just recently, how many Hasidic Jewish families receive welfare out the woodwork and I have not seen nearly as much bashing on them. I just don't believe it at all.
Start a thread on the hasid scum. Prove me wrong. Start another thread on some white trash scum. Prove me wrong. Cause I am already here calling this low life what she is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City