Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 08:03 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,022,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDraper View Post
I have no idea why 'joeymags' replied to a poster as if he was me, but this is my only account and I have nothing to prove to any of you.

If you're a man, then your posts smacks of unnecessary cowardice, even for a transplant.

It sounds like something out of a Joe Lhota campaign advertisement.

You really should be ashamed of how much of a punk you sound like. Do you have a girlfriend or wife?

God help them, if they ever need their "man" to protect them. *shaking head in disgust*

Last edited by marilyn220; 10-27-2013 at 08:38 PM..

Old 10-27-2013, 08:08 PM

68 posts, read 85,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDraper View Post
On most occasions I drive in the city or catch a cab when I'm strapped for time. But today I had to make a quick stop to my downtown office which is conveniently right next to the Wall Street 2 line. A simple ride in this hell zone practically ruined my Saturday. From the disgusting smells of filth and urine, constant pan handlers to the obnoxious low class ghetto riders I don't know where to start. I felt like I could've been mugged any moment without anyone taking notice. This system is simply a cesspool for ghetto animals and health hazzards. As a property owner in this city am highly disgusted. Thoroughly washed my hands soon as I made it back to my condo. I have traveled all around the world and never seen a transit system so nasty, ghetto and dangerous.
You are not originally from NY ha? Because most everyone who has ever lived in NY knows how the NYC subway system is. And last I checked Wall Street and downtown smells like "filth and urine" even on street level. So you probably don't even walk on the public streets, but rather rose pedals.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:20 PM

33,999 posts, read 47,230,787 times
LOL OP must have sweating bullets

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-27-2013, 08:29 PM

5,096 posts, read 4,956,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
The funny thing is that I can agree that it's dirty and there can be some disgusting moments on the subway. But I have a thing against new members who come on here all cry-babyish, so therefore this thread annoys me.
As the saying goes, if you have lived in the dirt for long, the dirt is no longer dirt to you but a part of you. That explains why new comers have issues with the filthiness of NYC subway, streets and lots of residential/business areas because they did not expect to fall out of modernization so soon after coming to NY.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:51 PM

26 posts, read 23,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oodaloop View Post
You are not originally from NY ha? Because most everyone who has ever lived in NY knows how the NYC subway system is. And last I checked Wall Street and downtown smells like "filth and urine" even on street level. So you probably don't even walk on the public streets, but rather rose pedals.
No it does not.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:53 PM

26 posts, read 23,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
As the saying goes, if you have lived in the dirt for long, the dirt is no longer dirt to you but a part of you. That explains why new comers have issues with the filthiness of NYC subway, streets and lots of residential/business areas because they did not expect to fall out of modernization so soon after coming to NY.
Finally a sesnsible poster

Old 10-27-2013, 09:11 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,974,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Someone clipping toe nails?

The other behavior sounds typically boorish of some train patrons, but please describe what kind of nut would do that on a train in public?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy93 View Post
People talking crazy loud like they are sitting in their mom's crib is annoying as hell, spitting on the train floor is dumb and disgusting...but people clipping their toe nails on the train sounds like some funny sh*t to me lol
I've seen this quite a few times actually and I am not kidding. Imagine an ill-mannered individual sitting with 1 leg crossed, one of their shoes are on the ground and they are clipping away at their nails. That's the sight.

Other moments include people who use the train's ceiling bars for pullups and shirtless individuals riding on the train with sandals and basketball shorts.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:45 PM

544 posts, read 1,526,481 times
I agree 100% NYC subway is disgusting. That's why I quitted taking it and only ride bike. Thankfully with the citibike program people have more choices now.

I have a friend who was robbed while getting on the subway train at a station with a crowd. When the train came and she was getting on, the robber took her handbag, which contained a laptop that belonged to her job. You would hardly believe this could happen in the middle of a crowd getting on/off the subway train.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:14 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,319,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny123 View Post
I agree 100% NYC subway is disgusting. That's why I quitted taking it and only ride bike. Thankfully with the citibike program people have more choices now.

I have a friend who was robbed while getting on the subway train at a station with a crowd. When the train came and she was getting on, the robber took her handbag, which contained a laptop that belonged to her job. You would hardly believe this could happen in the middle of a crowd getting on/off the subway train.
Disgusting no one did anything. The city is getting dangerous once again. NYPD is afraid to crack down on criminals in the subway and they are taking it back. With cops afraid to take action out of fear of being labelled "intolerant", bums will make the subway their home, criminals will have free reign to rob the distracted.
And those of us who want a safe ride will have to shell out bucks for a cab, take a commuter train (LIRR or MetroNorth), or just avoid NYC altogether. Lets not forget to thank the loony liberals who wanted to stop the NYPD doing their job and erasing their progress. It started in Bloomberg's final term, and DeBlasio will finish it. All so a few minorities dont feel offended, we all pay the price.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:32 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,899,303 times
Bums? Urine? Unruly riders? Any loud radio playing?

I went to NYU in the 1980s. Took the subway every day from Queens to Greenwich Village, sometimes at night. I saw the same thing every day. Being young, it didn't phase me. I just took it in stride. I was a bit nervous riding late at night, but felt like a "tough New Yorker" doing so, so I kinda enjoyed it.

(Remember how New York subways were portrayed in 1970s crime films, like Death Wish? -- much truth to that.)

Then I moved to Los Angeles in the late 1980s, and soon thereafter Guiliani came in and cleaned up the city.

Whatever his faults. Guiliani did clean things up. On my return visits, I felt perfectly safe riding the subway at 3 in the morning. And walking streets in both Manhattan and Queens during those same hours.

I guess things have deteriorated under Bloomberg to pre-Guiliani levels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City