Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2013, 03:03 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,462,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Again,

My issue is not with her wanting to date white men. Nor did it have anything to do with her requirements to date up.

I and most other men REALLY DON'T CARE. My issue is her and your justification that...there is a SHORTAGE of eligible black men. THIS IS MISLEADING AND UNTRUE.

It may be the case in a low income "hood" area...but if you go to any major city you will see plenty of educated....successful....intelligent black men walking around.

Society has been so bamboozled into believing the Bull crap that the media & black feminist have been putting out that they really think most black men are in jail.

Throw out the statistics and just take a good look around. We are out there.

Black women can date whomever they want.

But, keep the shortage of black men issue out of the conversation.
What society do you live in? I think you may be living in the white man's society because he does not have these problems. We do. I wish you could become a black woman to discover this yourself. Over 70% of black women are unmarried. Over 70% of black women are raising children on their own. Why do you think so many black men are in jail? Do you know what you look like at 14? My brother was nearly 6 feet when he was 15. How are we supposed to tame that? Where were you? What is your definition of a "good" black man? Do they date women darker than a paper bag? Is it alright for them to have kinky hair?
These are not statistics; it is the truth. How do I benefit from making this up? I am not happy about it. It is not a secret. You do nothing but humiliate us time and time again. You run to be white women because you do not want to put up with our crap. You are fortunate that we do not do the same because many of you would not be alive today. I think raising a bastard child by yourself with no help trumps all the crap you have ever received by a black woman. I cannot believe that you call yourself a black man and cannot acknowledge the truth. It is reprehensible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 03:46 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,239,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
"Black men" do not have higher teen death rates.
Black men of certain social classes have higher teen death rates.
Therefore, if you are looking for a black man of that social class, you might be out of luck - granted.
I don't have time to break down census demographic data by income, so you could be right. However, male teens have a higher death rate to begin with, the death rate is just higher than normal for black teens.

Quote:
The question revolving around the number of black men in higher social classes is another matter.
In terms of raw numbers, possible, but women tend to marry up and black women outnumber black men in university. However, the gender gap just increases competition. A cute dental hygienist can catch a man just as easily as a cute DR, but they will have to compete more fiercely when there are less men available.

Quote:
It has been stated here several times that there is no black upper class. This is entirely false.
I know that, my gf comes from a wealthy family herself.

Old 11-02-2013, 04:59 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,986,231 times
The thing is this, that plenty of NYC black women locally are not into white men or any other man of another race due ro segregated communities that exist here racially, economically and religiously. Hispanic and ethnic whites Catholic and blacks primarily baptist, pentecostal and 7 day adventist. The only time blacks and others intergrate is at school or work. Its much easier for a black woman to date out if she lives in a most homogenous white or Hispanic nabe, or a diverse nabe. Another option might be exposure to private college with dorms and not public commuter colleges like CUNY which does not have social college experience like the abroad private schools, but a clickish extension of high school. Maybe jad2k4, marilyn220 and luvnyc have or has significant exposure to white people since childhood or attending 4 year college away from home.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 11-02-2013 at 05:07 PM..

Old 11-02-2013, 05:31 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,903,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Maybe jad2k4, marilyn220 and luvnyc have or has significant exposure to white people since childhood or attending 4 year college away from home.
I think you mean LESS exposure ... ?

That was my point, less specifically.

Old 11-02-2013, 06:02 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,607,030 times
Pretty much have said everything that I needed to say.

Black men are not to blame for the "DATING WOES" of black women. They have themselves to blame.

Date who you want to date, but own up to your own bad mistakes and stop pointing the finger.

Crazy how so many black women have NO PROBLEMS FINDING A BLACK MAN TO HAVE SEX WITH......but WHEN YOU HIT YOUR 30'S IT SUDDENLY becomes impossible to find a good black man to settle down with because we are ALL in jail....uneducated....or on the streets.

I am calling all of you black women out on this one.

Stop pointing the finger....make better choices with your men.....and maybe...just maybe.... you might meet a great

one. Otherwise, some of these other women are going to get what you would have gotten if you opened your eyes up

a little earlier. These women are coming after us. Not the other way around. I know one thing...When I do meet

wifey....whether black, white, hispanic, asian, or whatever.....it will be a non-issue. I could care less what others will

think. She will get my last name and she will get a ring REGARDLESS OF HER RACE.

And you black women should be no different. Go out and get what you want and stop putting all black

men in the same category based off of your bad

experiences.

Last edited by usamathman; 11-02-2013 at 06:12 PM..

Old 11-02-2013, 06:23 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,005,037 times
Quote:
Maybe jad2k4, marilyn220 and luvnyc have or has significant exposure to white people since childhood or attending 4 year college away from home.
Yes, I have.

Glad you can see that.

I also sent you some rep points.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:21 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,986,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Yes, I have.

Glad you can see that.

I also sent you some rep points.
People say why I did not uptake sociology as a major? Now I look back, I agree with these persons. I have noticed that when people are surrounded by a certain race or ethnic group, it becomes natural to mix in with them.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:24 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,604,980 times
Quote:
The thing is this, that plenty of NYC black women locally are not into white men or any other man of another race due ro segregated communities that exist here racially, economically and religiously. Hispanic and ethnic whites Catholic and blacks primarily baptist, pentecostal and 7 day adventist. The only time blacks and others intergrate is at school or work. Its much easier for a black woman to date out if she lives in a most homogenous white or Hispanic nabe, or a diverse nabe. Another option might be exposure to private college with dorms and not public commuter colleges like CUNY which does not have social college experience like the abroad private schools, but a clickish extension of high school. Maybe jad2k4, marilyn220 and luvnyc have or has significant exposure to white people since childhood or attending 4 year college away from home.
In all my years at college and professional career, I rarely met a black woman that's easy to talk and without any issues. In college, many black girls only hang out with each other and date black guys exclusively. Since there are less black guys in college and more black girls then I often see black girls fighting each other all for one black guy. Is it worth it?

At work, most black women are single mothers. They all have a 1-2 kids and no husbands so they're constantly miserable which I could understand but it's just so common. Then when it comes to social functions at work, when the company does outings after work. I've rarely see a black woman go out after work for drinks. Plenty of black guys at work go out for drinks with others but never ever see one black woman go hangout. I'm sure they find a baby sitter once or twice.

One last thing, so many black women are so religious it's scary. Yet they are single mothers, which makes no sense.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:05 PM

2,691 posts, read 4,320,115 times
Quote:
LOL. That obvious huh? I grew up in Scarsdale, went to UVa for college, and work in a very white (and male) industry. That's not exposure that's immersion

Old 11-02-2013, 10:36 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,228,036 times
I have completed a major in love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City