Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 03:35 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times

Advertisements

Apparently, the undercover NYPD officers they hired as their Loss Prevention contractors have clairvoyant powers. It's amazing how the cops seem to know EXACTLY what each individual bought BEFORE they showed the items to them. Lol

Barneys: We didn

Quote:
Barneys CEO Mark Lee publicly apologized to two black shoppers – but insisted “no one” at the luxe retailer racially profiled the pair.

“No one, and I mean no individual, should go through the unacceptable experiences described by Trayon Christian and Kayla Phillips,” Lee said Tuesday after an hour-long sitdown with the Rev. Al Sharpton at the Harlem headquarters of his National Action Network. “We offer our deepest sympathies to both of them.”

Sharpton and his National Action Network demanded a face-to-face with Barneys brass– and threatened to put shopping at the high-end retailer “on hold” — after Christian and Phillips accused Barneys of sending cops to question and detain them after they made big-ticket buys at the Manhattan flagship.

Christian, 19, said he was held in April after buying a $349 designer belt. Phillips, 21, said she was accused of credit card fraud in February after she bought a $2,500 handbag.

Lee said Tuesday his company has a “zero tolerance” discrimination policy and didn’t single out Phillips or Christian.

“Our preliminary investigation has concluded that, in both of these instances, no one from Barneys New York raised any issue with these purchases,” Lee said.

“No one from Barneys brought them to the attention of our internal security, and no one from Barneys reached out to external authorities.”

Asked if he was blaming the NYPD for the alleged profiling, Lee said, “I can only speak to what we know from the preliminary investigation.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 03:57 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,233,514 times
Sounds like a loophole. "WE" didn't stop them...NYPD "did". Uh huh.Not only did NYPD know exactly what each person bought beforehand, but they knew HOW the items were paid for AND were able to find Trayon blocks away from the store. Nice try Barney's.

Old 10-29-2013, 04:36 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,214,988 times
This definitely couldn't have been posted on one of the other 10 threads, good call...

Old 10-29-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
This definitely couldn't have been posted on one of the other 10 threads, good call...
Isn't there a hispanic babymama somewhere needing your attention?

Old 10-29-2013, 05:16 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,884,218 times
Barney's knew what they were doing, and were involved. Now they're attempting to shift the blame to NYPD. If they were staunch on any wrongdoing, one would have denied any wrong doing from the very beginning.

Old 10-29-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Isn't there a hispanic babymama somewhere needing your attention?
Insinuating that I've got a hispanic baby mama out there or that I like hispanic baby mamas? Because I can assure you that I am not dumb enough to not use a rubber if smashing out a lady of that ilk...

Old 10-29-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Insinuating that I've got a hispanic baby mama out there or that I like hispanic baby mamas? Because I can assure you that I am not dumb enough to not use a rubber if smashing out a lady of that ilk...
So, you're a liar then?

Cause I remember you saying how you date hispanic women with kids and then dump them once they want something serious with you or want to move in.

Are you gonna say this was a lie??

Yes, it's good that you're using a condom not to breed more of yourself.

Last edited by marilyn220; 10-29-2013 at 06:14 PM..

Old 10-29-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
Barney's knew what they were doing, and were involved. Now they're attempting to shift the blame to NYPD. If they were staunch on any wrongdoing, one would have denied any wrong doing from the very beginning.
NYPD already said in the first article with Trayon that someone from Barneys called them that Trayon's card was "suspicious". They didn't follow him all the way to the subway for just being black.

Old 10-29-2013, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
So, you're a liar then?

Cause I remember you saying how date hispanic women with kids and then dump them once they want something serious with you or want to move in.

Are you gonna say this was a lie??

Yes, it's good that you're using a condom not to breed more of yourself.
Lolwut? Either you're thinking of someone else (most likely case), or I was drunk if I typed that. Direct me towards said quote and I'll explain it...

Old 10-29-2013, 06:02 PM

857 posts, read 1,200,701 times
Quote:
*sigh* the amount of classist and closet racist idiots on the city data boards never cease to amaze me lol and smh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: