Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 09:04 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,834,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchamp Dude View Post

I find it hard to believe/picture a 5 3 woman with "long" limbs .
Why? Some people have longer legs and a short torso while some people have a short torso and long legs. My friend who is 4'11" and I are the same high sitting down bc my heigh is in my legs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 10:42 AM

4,829 posts, read 8,727,148 times
They interviewed the girl who snapped the photo. She is 16. She said she asked him if he was Avonte and the guy responded to her. She asked him his name and he responded again so she knew it wasn't him.

She posted the photo on her instagram (or some site) stating it was NOT Avonte and it was "stolen" by many people and posted all over the internet by people (puportedly) hoping to cash in on the $90K reward money if, by some coincidence, Avonte was found.

This whole thing is just so sad. I can't even imagine what his family is going through. I hope they find him soon!

Old 11-01-2013, 11:46 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,105,281 times
Link for the river trail quote from the NYPD (from 10/25/13): NYPD: Trail cold, but search goes on for missing autistic boy
Quote:
In that video, Avonte walks out of a side door at the school, crosses the street and heads toward a park adjacent to a path that skirts the East River. It was by the river that surveillance cameras lost sight of the teen, Kelly said.

"There is another video that shows someone coming out of the park, but it is not clear enough to say it is the young man," he added.

Old 11-01-2013, 11:51 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
I wonder if they also went through security camera footage in midtown that faces the East river

Old 11-01-2013, 12:35 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,727,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Link for the river trail quote from the NYPD (from 10/25/13): NYPD: Trail cold, but search goes on for missing autistic boy

So he was not seen on a "river trail", he merely "heads toward a park adjacent to a path that skirts the East River. It was by the river that surveillance cameras lost sight of the teen, Kelly said.

"There is another video that shows someone coming out of the park, but it is not clear enough to say it is the young man," he added."

I doubt he "fell into the river". I can't see how you're jumping to that conclusion. If you took your child to a marina and he was walking along the boardwalk and then you didn't see him, are you automatically going to assume he fell in the water?

At any rate, they already had police divers scouring the river and haven't found anything. If he fell in, his body would have already floated to the top by now.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:40 PM

163 posts, read 484,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
They interviewed the girl who snapped the photo. She is 16. She said she asked him if he was Avonte and the guy responded to her. She asked him his name and he responded again so she knew it wasn't him.

She posted the photo on her instagram (or some site) stating it was NOT Avonte and it was "stolen" by many people and posted all over the internet by people (puportedly) hoping to cash in on the $90K reward money if, by some coincidence, Avonte was found.

This whole thing is just so sad. I can't even imagine what his family is going through. I hope they find him soon!
I thought they said a 13 year old boy snapped the photo, and that the kid in the picture when asked if he was Avonte did not reply.. the stories are always changing. I just hope this boy is found
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City