Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 06:59 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
When is the last time you saw a "street peddler" in NYC?

I'll wait. *Looks at watch*
You telling me that you never saw someone jump in a car, drive half a block, and jump out. Either way maybe peddler wasn't the right word to use. Stuff sells itself, although they do have different names for product as marketing gimmicks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 07:18 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
I asked you when's the last time YOU saw this.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:24 PM

23 posts, read 33,449 times
For the learning impaired:

"To make a stop, police must have reasonable suspicion that a crime is about to occur or has occurred, a standard lower than the probable cause needed to justify an arrest. Only about 10 percent of the stops result in arrests or summonses, and weapons are found about 2 percent of the time.

Scheindlin heard a bench trial that ended in the spring and coincided with a groundswell of backlash against the stop-and-frisk tactic. She noted in her ruling this summer that she wasn't putting an end to the practice, which is constitutional, but was reforming the way the NYPD implemented its stops."

According to the pro s&f crowd, the word reform when it pertains to police practices is tantamount to treason.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:24 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times
Quote:
I asked you when's the last time YOU saw this.
Couple months ago. You live in a bubble or something? You gotta get out and walk the streets a little more.

Btw, I thought you looked more attractive in the first photo. Wouldn't of taken you as a redhead.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:36 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,322,766 times
The effects of the original judge's ruling already are taking place. This is just the beginning. Read the 4th comment at the bottom of this article. He's also noticed 8th ave getting taken over by dealers & bums just like I saw. Y'all need to open your eyes you're about to vote your city right down the toilet.
NYC Stop-And-Frisk Appeal Could Be Over After Election « CBS New York

Old 11-01-2013, 07:54 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
The effects of the original judge's ruling already are taking place. This is just the beginning. Read the 4th comment at the bottom of this article. He's also noticed 8th ave getting taken over by dealers & bums just like I saw. Y'all need to open your eyes you're about to vote your city right down the toilet.
Okay Chicken Little. Thanks for your feedback.

Old 11-01-2013, 08:00 PM

23 posts, read 33,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
NYC Stop-And-Frisk Appeal Could Be Over After Election « CBS New York
So where are the cops? You mean to tell me cops just allow guys to deal openly right through under their noses?

Old 11-01-2013, 08:58 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,213,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crookepalace View Post
So where are the cops? You mean to tell me cops just allow guys to deal openly right through under their noses?
If that's what it takes to get a free pass for S&F, sure.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:04 PM

835 posts, read 1,040,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
I think stop and frisk should remain but should be altered and more reasonable. I grew up in the ghetto and I can't deny that if I was a cop, and saw suspicious characters and activity, I would certainly stop and frisk. The thing is, a lot of these hoodlums cry foul but make their activity blatantly obvious. I've seen it ALL the time. They stand on the corner of the deli's GROUPS of them, selling contraband, and embrace the fact that they are doing it. They'll rap about it, make videos, and boast about it to each other. Once the cops stop and frisk them, they want to make a protest all the time.

MAN UP. If you don't want to get caught, then don't get caught. Dummies.
Until you're that one guy that gets stopped and arrested for possession of candy.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:38 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,322,766 times
Quote:
Okay Chicken Little. Thanks for your feedback.

You'll be the one panicking when it happens to your streets. Thursday it was an NYU student attacked, now another one in Queens. The damage from the temporary restraining order is blatently obvious, imagine 4 years? Keep drinking that Kool-Aid...
Police: Queens College Student Attacked While Returning Home From Halloween Party « CBS New York
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City