Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 06:56 AM

912 posts, read 2,090,688 times

Advertisements

People think de Blasio is soft on crime? They are in for a rude awakening. The man kicks ass and takes names, upsetting him is extremely ill advised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 07:24 AM

5,720 posts, read 19,991,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
I fixed the end of your quote for you.

Enjoy the crime and degredation. NYC will be the new Chicago and Detroit!
Lmao your edit is too funny

Old 11-06-2013, 07:25 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,831,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
I fixed the end of your quote for you.

Enjoy the crime and degredation. NYC will be the new Chicago and Detroit!
Chicago is a nice city overall. Most of the violence happens only in the worst areas. Just like any other major city, including NYC.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:11 AM

18,858 posts, read 13,748,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borninnycliveinnyc View Post
People think de Blasio is soft on crime? They are in for a rude awakening. The man kicks ass and takes names, upsetting him is extremely ill advised.
deBlasio can be whatever he wants to be on crime - in his head. The NYPD cops all know that their new mayor hates them and will sell them under a bus in a heartbeat. They're not going to police anymore. The new mayor can rant and rave all he wants about crime. All of it means nothing without cops who are willing to risk themselves to make him look good.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:44 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,831,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
deBlasio can be whatever he wants to be on crime - in his head. The NYPD cops all know that their new mayor hates them and will sell them under a bus in a heartbeat. They're not going to police anymore. The new mayor can rant and rave all he wants about crime. All of it means nothing without cops who are willing to risk themselves to make him look good.
Good. I'm so happy with this. The policing was done more in the areas where real estate investors were, and it was really to protect their investments. So I will rejoice if you worse fears are realized and drink champagne. I actually don't think they will be and expect little to change. But if big things do change I am more than happy. If de Blasio actually neuters the NYPD, I will celebrate. Not that I actually expect him too.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:52 AM

18,858 posts, read 13,748,746 times
Ok. But why are you spending so much time on this topic if you don't even live here? That's just strange.

DeBlasio isn't neutering anyone. The NYPD will neuter itself by refusing to get out of their cars and risk being on the wrong side of the mayor's chosen people. Transplants will never understand this because they weren't here when cops were reactive. Cops come to help people now. In the past, they only took reports. If being on your own, unarmed, against criminals is acceptable to you, then parts of this city will be just fine I guess.

My only real concern is the schools. Crime will never go up where I currently live. But the schools are already garbage and will only get worse when he turns them over to the "multiculturalists". That's why I'm looking to flee.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:24 PM

588 posts, read 944,255 times
Best mayor? sounds like trolling.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:27 PM

29 posts, read 38,021 times
Blasio simply has no plan for the middle class (except giving those who are unionized more pay), and that's sad. I'm already fleeing the upper west side in about two months. There are much better city areas now like Chicago, Miami, Austin, etc. In Chicago, it is safe (just don't go in the bad areas which are obvious areas not to be in) and one can get a luxury downtown high-rise condo for $1200 (it's amazing how much of a difference there is with lower regulations and when things are actually market-based), and no car is needed there either. I think Miami will start to take off also as they expand the train system there and more people move there with the 0% Florida income tax rate. Austin also has the advantage of being a liberal city in a 0% income state so I think that place will get big also.

Cities are supposed to be balanced so they're politically moderate. Going very conservative or very liberal all around is so dangerous and it'll be interesting to see what happens to NYC now. I'm guessing there'll be huge budget problems and eventually the federal government will have to bail them out.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:34 PM

1,431 posts, read 2,608,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
This is a pretty vicious smear against the police.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:43 PM

499 posts, read 790,365 times
Too many of you are jumping the gun. Give the guy a chance and see what he will do first. We can all agree that our city would be a better and safer place if all of its inhabitants were better able to take advantage of the opportunities offered and improve their living standards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City