Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2013, 12:23 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
would call germans "kikes"
I think this one is used for Jews. Maybe German Jews?

Old 11-07-2013, 12:24 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
You just said you stopped using racial slurs years ago and like 4 sentences later said that you never used them. Just pointing that out.

Also, it's interesting that you don't mention that blacks have no problem using slurs on "THEMSELVES"..
I said I stopped "keeping up" with the latest racial nonsense that's being spewed on THIS forum (because I don't hear this stupid crap in REAL LIFE) years ago and I DON'T use them in referring to anyone, even if I'm upset.

The people that post HERE have been posting the same the "sky is fallin drivel" since I first signed up here.

Some whites (ethnic and regular) that post on CD seem to be afraid of everything NOT WHITE.

It's sad. I don't know how many of them get through the say without some sort of anxiety meds. LOL

Last edited by marilyn220; 11-07-2013 at 12:33 PM..

Old 11-07-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
southeast asians "chinks"
Really just for Chinese. For example, Koreans would be gooks.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Really just for Chinese. For example, Koreans would be gooks.
I thought the japanese were called this?

Before they "edited" old war movies, they called them this all the time, in addition to "japs".

You know what? Now that we're talking about it. It seems like most of the people saying all this stuff had heavy east coast accents.

Which isn't surprising, since most of these various ethnic groups resided on the east coast.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:30 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,216,281 times
Quote:
I said I stopped "keeping up" with the latest racial nonsense that's being spewed on THIS forum (because I don't hear this stupid crap in REAL LIFE) years ago and I DON'T use them in referring to anyone, even if I'm upset.

The people that post HERE have been posting the same the "sky is fallin drivel" since I first signed up here.

Whites (ethnic and regular) that post on CD seem to be afraid of everything NOT WHITE.

It's sad. I don't know how many of them get through the say without some sort of anxiety meds. LOL

My bad, read that wrong.

And "whites"? Or a few posters who are white?

Old 11-07-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
My bad, read that wrong.

And "whites"? Or a few posters who are white?
Yes, a "few". I didn't mean to paint everyone with a broad brush.

They know who they are.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:34 PM

19,047 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Huge generalizations and assumptions only carry negative connotations when white people do it.

As I said earlier, we're racist either way unless we parrot the liberal nonsense, so who really cares? Marilyn said something about certain people being upset about being "called out" or whatever. Who would that be? I haven't seen any whiteys get upset here. Pointing out the obvious maybe, but not upset.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:38 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,216,281 times
Quote:
Yes, a "few". I didn't mean to paint everyone with a broad brush.

They know who they are.
And that's all I've been trying to get out of you and a couple others. Is it really that difficult? Imagine I kept railing on about "all the blacks on this board blah blah blah..."? No, I wouldn't do that. I just call out a few of you when I do. It's really simple.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
I thought the japanese were called this?

Before they "edited" old war movies, they called them this all the time, in addition to "japs".

You know what? Now that we're talking about it. It seems like most of the people saying all this stuff had heavy east coast accents.

Which isn't surprising, since most of these various ethnic groups resided on the east coast.
I don't know about Japanese other than japs, but this would be used more so for Jewish girls. Don't have all that many Japanese around this part of town, so when growing up there was no need for the name calling towards them. Look, we all called each other by the derogatory words. Its part of growing up around diversity. But we would never use the N-word (at least in that way). Mully way always preferred.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:00 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
White people, ethnic or not, could really care less about S&F. It doesn't effect their neighborhoods. If there is any correlation to lower crime and S&F (IMO there isn't), its not the white neighborhoods that would all of a sudden have the big spike in crime. So for most white people it is really a no issue topic.
Not for stop and frisk proponents on this forum claiming the sky is falling. On a national basis you're right about stop and frisk, and even on a local basis.

As for the crime in Black and Hispanic neighborhoods, the ending of stop and frisk would not at all effect law abiding residents. Most of the people who get affected by violent crime are gangsters. If you aren't into that lifestyle your chances of getting hurt by it are very SLIM. So most Blacks and Hispanics are HAPPY to see stop and frisk GO, as it did NOTHING to improve conditions in non white neighborhoods.

To tell you the truth, the reason why I didn't like the Bronx is that in poor areas you had people playing loud music at all hours of the night, throwing garbage out of the window, etc. Quality of life issues. Only the cops can't do anything about that. If you don't like the area, all you can do is leave and that is what I did.

The cops cannot be around to stop every violation of the law, so if you think that of a particular location you need to pack your bags and LEAVE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City