Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 12:10 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,404,247 times

Advertisements

ef em
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 01:35 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,540,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Just as Sylvias doesnt need that extra white couple from Long Island to find their way to Harlem neither does Barneys need to sell an over priced belt to some black kid. Its not their market, they know it, dont care about it....and you can take your business elsewhere, they will truly be happy.

Macy's? you arent hurting them either.

You know what. Things that impact blacks often impact Hispanics. And there are a good number of fair minded whites who do not want to endorse racism.

So Barneys and Macys are very concerned about being seen as being racist. The retail sector is too weak thse days to take any customer for granted.

Old 11-08-2013, 05:42 PM

88 posts, read 226,401 times
I buy 90% of my clothes from Macy's Herald Square. I will continue to do so and I am a black American. Never had a problem with MACY's and I love their clothes. Unless they do me wrong personally, I will continue to spend my money there. Never been in Barney's and don't plan to start.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:20 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Just as Sylvias doesnt need that extra white couple from Long Island to find their way to Harlem neither does Barneys need to sell an over priced belt to some black kid. Its not their market, they know it, dont care about it....and you can take your business elsewhere, they will truly be happy.

Macy's? you arent hurting them either.
Damn a fully fledged racsits. I

Old 11-08-2013, 06:49 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Barneys doesn't like or want black people shopping their establishment. The incident with those two black kids is an ON GOING problem that's been happening for years.

A former Barneys security guard said that when a black person comes in with an entourage then they don't follow them. They assume they're famous. If a black person comes in by themselves, then they get followed.

Why would you give your money to a company that considers you filth?

I also won't shop at Macys Herald Square, since the store considers non-whites to be disgusting as well. I will give the Macys in the outerboroughs business, because I doubt NYPD is chasing down the hundreds of minorities that enter the store to "prove" themselves.
Many years ago I worked at Barney's during a holiday sale. At least from what I saw, it wasn't racist and I saw no sign of a corporate policy against non whites.

With that said, there were clearly two recent racist incidents at Barney's but that may very well been because of racist employees. If the management of Barney's was to try to deliberately institute a policy that said no people of color, that would be deliberately leaked out the instant an employee got fired or was pissed at his or her boss.

Barney's will ultimately fire the employees responsible and settle out of court, and move on. They certainly won't want the bad press.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:08 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,188 times
nope i won't.. won't ever will.. they sell merchandise that is name brand so means you can get it anywhere else even from the actual designer place. so its not like you'll miss anything. i imagine if they were doing the same things to jews, most if not all jews would stop shopping there so yea going to stick to standing up for myself

Old 11-08-2013, 07:10 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Damn a fully fledged racsits. I
he's obsessed with black people.. if i was a racist of a group(or hated anyone) , i wouldn't even think about them

Old 11-09-2013, 04:18 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Alexander McQueen Store Supervisor Slapped With Racism Suit: Gothamist

Old 11-09-2013, 06:00 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
I'm white. I have never bought a thing at Barney's. it's just throwing money away on labels.
Macy's? Yep, but only in THE CELLAR and only for clearance. For clothes MACY's is too Barney's Wanna-Be.

I buy my clothes at Penney's and my sneakers at Modell's and that's what I'll continue to do. I used to do Koh;/s and Sear's for sales but that was when I had a backyard Mall. Marshall's? Nah, all junk.

"Price Discrimination," getting people to pay much more for essentially the same thing, is for ignorant people with more money than brains. You know the kind, the ones who would buy $2 water because it's advertised to "the right people" even after they've been TOLD it's the same water.

People will buy a belt worth $5 and pay $500 because someone puts two G's on the buckle. More money than brains.

Old 11-09-2013, 07:50 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
Yes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: