Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 06:16 PM

61 posts, read 71,309 times

Advertisements

Does anyone else besides me think its an excuse to racially profile

Old 11-08-2013, 06:20 PM

61 posts, read 71,309 times

NYPD's stop-and-frisk tactics 'unconstitutional' and racist - Truthloader - YouTube

Old 11-08-2013, 06:31 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,313,805 times
You're a little late to the discussion on this. White neighborhoods do not have as much S&F, so there is high-level profiling. As for those precincts with high levels of S&F, there really aren't that many white people to S&F.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:31 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,215,558 times
30 pages easily

Old 11-08-2013, 06:33 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,065,538 times
Profiling os a valid tool. I ha two friends who were cops in a black part of brooklyn for years and they admitted to racially profiling.

They had no problem pulling over cars with white kids from long island and new jersey cruising the streets. As they said no reason for them to be there other than to score drugs.

So whats wrong with their version of racial profiling?

Old 11-08-2013, 06:41 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Profiling os a valid tool. I ha two friends who were cops in a black part of brooklyn for years and they admitted to racially profiling.

They had no problem pulling over cars with white kids from long island and new jersey cruising the streets. As they said no reason for them to be there other than to score drugs.

So whats wrong with their version of racial profiling?
Its unreasonable search and seizure, for starters. And not every white person in a Black neighborhood is there buying drugs. Maybe the white person works in the Black neighborhood. Maybe they are visiting friends there (of any race). Maybe they are involved in a relationship with someone there. Maybe they are going to a club there. Perhaps they are doing some kind of activism there.

And even if they had drugs in the car, SO WHAT if they weren't bothering anyone?

Those cops earned the title PIG!

Old 11-08-2013, 06:47 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,065,538 times
Oh yeah, those kids from Valley Stream were going to a club on Mother Gadton Blvd.

Get real and stop making excuses.

They arrested many with drugs...thats reality but your boat is on Da Nile

Old 11-08-2013, 06:51 PM

835 posts, read 1,040,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Its unreasonable search and seizure, for starters. And not every white person in a Black neighborhood is there buying drugs. Maybe the white person works in the Black neighborhood. Maybe they are visiting friends there (of any race). Maybe they are involved in a relationship with someone there. Maybe they are going to a club there. Perhaps they are doing some kind of activism there.

And even if they had drugs in the car, SO WHAT if they weren't bothering anyone?

Those cops earned the title PIG!

You're the first person to realize that this goes both ways. This is how cops often perceive whites in black neighborhoods.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Oh yeah, those kids from Valley Stream were going to a club on Mother Gadton Blvd.

Get real and stop making excuses.

They arrested many with drugs...thats reality but your boat is on Da Nile
There was no reason to stop them even if many did have drugs. Again, unreasonable search and seizure. And its UNEXCUSABLE, PERIOD.

And I did not make an excuse. Last I checked this is America and one is free to drive his career wherever he or she pleases. You do not have to tell cops where you're going. Since you like police states so much, why not surrender your US citizenship and defect to North Korea or Saudi Arabia or some other extremely oppressive regime.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
You're the first person to realize that this goes both ways. This is how cops often perceive whites in black neighborhoods.
And its WRONG. Its none of those cops business what those whites are doing in Black neighborhoods. And I'm not in support of fascism.

I actually know whites who work in the non profit/social service sector who are often in Black neighborhoods. I've known white starving artists, hipsters, etc to move in Black or non white neighborhoods because its cheap. And I've known whites to legitimately visit their non white friends or lovers in Black neighborhoods.

So the cops making that assumption of whites in Black neighborhoods are simply projecting their own racial prejudices. Could some of these whites be going there for drugs? So what if they are? Not the cops business and not the cops right to just stop and search someone like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City