Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2013, 06:57 PM

48 posts, read 75,652 times

Advertisements

cool. thanks fellas

Old 11-21-2013, 07:44 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattstro87 View Post
where you see this stuff for snow? everything i see just shows rain

we all check super secret radars that show what MIGHT happen

Old 11-21-2013, 07:49 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxboogiebx View Post
broom garage seems like a good way to get through probation (minus the money of course)
whats your thoughts?

every god damn student gives me the "broom garage seems like a good place to do probation"

what moron upstairs keeps putting this in your mind. Forget no money, it is the single most accident -ridden vehicle in the department. It leads to more complaints than any vehicle. A broom garage does NOT guarantee you a certain shift in time AND as the bottom guy you will spend most of your time being sent to other garages to do baskets/mlp more than if you just went to a garage

PLUS this is what I'm going to hear a billion times next week when I teach you guys mechanical brooms "aw it looked so easy but this sucks, it's harder than the collection truck." Everybody thinks the broom is small, i want that....then they drive it lol

Old 11-21-2013, 08:09 PM

733 posts, read 1,164,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
Haha on your starting salary it should be required. You'll guys learn soon enough. No harm in signing it. If you wind up being forced to work a day you don't want to, you turn it down and get thrown off the list. No harm no foul. If you can work it and you like to make money then bonus.
I'm not even worried about salary I just want it to snow so I can experience plowing but money is no issue when there are two incomes in your home plus I'm EPA certified with a HVAC certification, and I do light mechanic work with a vehicle inspectors license, can you say side money

On that note anybody need a tune up , or bake job etc holla at me don't let old man winter catch you out there without a good tune up

Old 11-21-2013, 08:32 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
every god damn student gives me the "broom garage seems like a good place to do probation"

what moron upstairs keeps putting this in your mind. Forget no money, it is the single most accident -ridden vehicle in the department. It leads to more complaints than any vehicle. A broom garage does NOT guarantee you a certain shift in time AND as the bottom guy you will spend most of your time being sent to other garages to do baskets/mlp more than if you just went to a garage

PLUS this is what I'm going to hear a billion times next week when I teach you guys mechanical brooms "aw it looked so easy but this sucks, it's harder than the collection truck." Everybody thinks the broom is small, i want that....then they drive it lol
Once again you nail it. And of course, most tissue guys are the epitome of lazy douchebaggery. I can't stress that enough....lazy....douche....baggery

Old 11-22-2013, 08:34 AM

149 posts, read 203,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Exactly. Big mistake not being on that list guys. Every little bit helps. When that phone rings and you don't want it just dont answer so you stay on the list. Always know where your name is on the list and go from there. You might make a few before you answer at the wrong time and get thrown off. Make that money, especially this time of year going into winter. You got the spring and summer to relax alil. This is money season, take it while you can.
for some reason all these new hires fear the emergency list, maybe AWOL and company is putting the fear of god into them about that list.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:01 AM

223 posts, read 307,836 times
For some reason it seems like the new hires are trying to stay out the garbage... I'm confused.. Thought that was in the job description.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:23 AM

733 posts, read 1,164,576 times
It's not about being a new hire or about what anybody else said to scare me I just don't wanna be called in to work while I enjoying my personal time it's already bad enough I don't have much of a life I don't need them calling on what little time I do have with my family is that wrong? If so I don't wanna be right

Old 11-22-2013, 10:48 AM

1,757 posts, read 2,145,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyblack View Post
It's not about being a new hire or about what anybody else said to scare me I just don't wanna be called in to work while I enjoying my personal time it's already bad enough I don't have much of a life I don't need them calling on what little time I do have with my family is that wrong? If so I don't wanna be right

It's not like you get called in on random chart day to finish a collection route. The emergency list is for snow where they won't need a full force coverage, so you will have a heads up about it. Also obviously it goes by seniority.

Old 11-22-2013, 01:06 PM

311 posts, read 458,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
we all check super secret radars that show what MIGHT happen
haha oh please...it isnt guna snow unless the temperature drops good enough and how the moisture is in the air
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City