Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2015, 10:46 AM

87 posts, read 93,580 times

Advertisements

yes hena, i agree... that price point is too high for an area where the median income is 36k ... it would make nosense with a median rent of that price, even if your factoring in gov assistance/sec 8... but the last paragraph is not a typo it is for that very reason that ENY/cypress will change, people unlocking value ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 11:51 PM

286 posts, read 352,988 times
They are starting to do the math:
"“Honestly, I’m looking at crime stats and trying to find where the shootings are because the real estate prices drop. Right now, I’m paying $2 or $3 a square foot. In Brownsville, it’s less than $1,” he said."

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...ARTS/151129918

More office space development in Downtown BK & Bushwick:

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...ow-in-with-the

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...r-for-brooklyn

http://therealdeal.com/blog/2015/11/...ject-underway/

Last edited by colombianbeef; 12-02-2015 at 12:48 AM..

Old 12-02-2015, 08:02 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,806,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colombianbeef View Post
They are starting to do the math:
"“Honestly, I’m looking at crime stats and trying to find where the shootings are because the real estate prices drop. Right now, I’m paying $2 or $3 a square foot. In Brownsville, it’s less than $1,” he said."

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...ARTS/151129918

More office space development in Downtown BK & Bushwick:

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...ow-in-with-the

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...r-for-brooklyn

215 Moore Street | Heritage Equity Partners | Toby Moskovits
The fact that people don't see how ridiculous that statement sounds is mind-boggling...

Old 12-02-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
The fact that people don't see how ridiculous that statement sounds is mind-boggling...
Ha Ha, i'm sure they'll be a lovely addition to the Brownsville community "No need to say hello and be neighborly, continue on with your shootings savages i'm just here for the cheap rents, I'm an Arteest"

I see Camden NJ in his future.

Old 12-04-2015, 01:50 PM

Report: Most East New York Residents Can't Afford De Blasio's "Affordable" Housing Plan: Gothamist

Old 12-04-2015, 06:29 PM

These rents are getting insane:

2br marketed as Cypress Hills but actually on Pitkin ave. asking $1850. $925 a roommate.

C,A trains close by! cafes, shops and amazing apt!

2br in CH $1650, *Fee Disclosure:$75 application fee (WTF!) maybe to keep out the riff raff, $825 per roommate on just rent thats more than the median income in ENY:

Spacious 2 Bedr, queit neighborhood

Here's a 3br for $2400 a month, thats $800 a roommate, or even for a family you would need two people who can shell out $1200 each for just rent.

~ X-LG Renovated 3Br Box w/ Shared Yard! NO FEE!!!

A studio in CH for $1175

1 BLOCK from HIGHLAND PARK corner bldg with tons lots of windows 9pics

This one is kind of cool and looks like it's in one of the old victorians on Warwick, look at the built ins, shadow frames, parquet floors, coffered ceiling, stained glass in the bath but 2br for $1700.

/$1800 2 BEDROOMS /$2300EXCELLENT 4 BEDROOMS FOR RENT!!WILL NOT LAST!!

$2000 for a ground floor 2 BR in ENY Proper!!! WTF
New 2 Bedroom

A 2br in Bushwick now costs you $600 more:
2 Bedroom Bushwick

Old 12-04-2015, 11:21 PM

87 posts, read 93,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colombianbeef View Post
These rents are getting insane:

2br marketed as Cypress Hills but actually on Pitkin ave. asking $1850. $925 a roommate.

C,A trains close by! cafes, shops and amazing apt!

2br in CH $1650, *Fee Disclosure:$75 application fee (WTF!) maybe to keep out the riff raff, $825 per roommate on just rent thats more than the median income in ENY:

Spacious 2 Bedr, queit neighborhood

Here's a 3br for $2400 a month, thats $800 a roommate, or even for a family you would need two people who can shell out $1200 each for just rent.

~ X-LG Renovated 3Br Box w/ Shared Yard! NO FEE!!!

A studio in CH for $1175

1 BLOCK from HIGHLAND PARK corner bldg with tons lots of windows 9pics

This one is kind of cool and looks like it's in one of the old victorians on Warwick, look at the built ins, shadow frames, parquet floors, coffered ceiling, stained glass in the bath but 2br for $1700.

/$1800 2 BEDROOMS /$2300EXCELLENT 4 BEDROOMS FOR RENT!!WILL NOT LAST!!

$2000 for a ground floor 2 BR in ENY Proper!!! WTF
New 2 Bedroom

A 2br in Bushwick now costs you $600 more:
2 Bedroom Bushwick

Wow these posts definitely pushing it to the limit which will eventually be adopted as the normal "market" soon, its pretty wild seeing this unfold in real time through this thread in the last couple years... if these are the ads now i wonder what we will find come just july/aug 2016 ..... but if you compare these prices to 2012-2013 there is a drastic difference in rent and property prices in such a short time in this area all due to surrounding pressure and speculation ... not much "real" changes has occurred in this area yet ...

Old 12-05-2015, 06:07 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
Rents have gone up dramatically in the past 3 years in many places in the city, at least in places that have good subway access.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:18 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,806,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
Given the money to be made in this city, neighborhoods cannot undergo natural significant positive changes anymore. A block by Rochester, Buffalo or Troy Ave in Bed-stuy/Crown Heights may be the ultimate hood, which would understandably mean cheaper rents. But if one white person who is unfamiliar of the area and sees a Bed-stuy rental for $1000/month and decides to live there... rents will automatically shoot up. People continue to talk about how the real color that moves people in this city is green but the problem is, most assume that green can only be made when it's accompanied by white...
I'm just gonna leave this here for those that argued about this a couple pages ago...

Old 12-07-2015, 08:00 PM

4 posts, read 7,981 times
What are your thoughts on this ? Do you all think they'll get 619k?
36 Hendrix Street, Brooklyn, NY For Sale | Trulia.com
I checked out the open house and the "garden rental" is actually a "cellar rental". There's just one meter , which makes me wonder it's really a legal 2 as they say. The open house was surprisingly very very busy , with mostly local neighborhood population-type families checking it out, with a few young professional couples making the trek out here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City