Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 10:47 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Yea, it has potential in the fact that it has access to greenspace, some pretty good housing stock, and rapid transit (though way the hell out). It'll be some time before it reaches its potential if ever. It'll probably be next on the docket if Bed-Stuy and Bushwick get gentrified all the way east--again, no telling if that'll ever happen.
IMO cypress hills is nicer than many (maybe most) parts of bedstuy and bushwick. Historically it never got quite as bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 11:55 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,975,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
IMO cypress hills is nicer than many (maybe most) parts of bedstuy and bushwick. Historically it never got quite as bad.
Agreed. It just shares a reputation with East New York Proper, and that is south of the Atlantic Ave. I'm not saying it's an up and coming would be trendy neighborhood, but it is not as bad as a lot of people say it is. The neighborhood is in the medium zone. It's not as bad is some nearby areas and it's not as good as some nearby areas. It's best for everyone's interest if the area improves. That would make the entire J/Z/M line more desirable to travel from the airport to south Manhattan.

Old 11-17-2013, 12:30 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
Cypress hills has very nice housing stock from brick rowhouses to the big stand alone homes over by highland park. Many are rundown looking and a lot of the blocks are filthy with litter. A BID could do a lot for the main drags. Both nearby ridgewood and woodhaven have BIDs and you'll see them out there keeping sidewalks clean. The main obstacle for cypress hills is the high volume of automobile traffic during rush hours and as a result the lack of pedestrian traffic. Between Atlantic, Pennsylvania, Jamaica, Fulton, broadway and bushwick aves with the Jackie and the conduit abruptly ending around there creates a challenge moving forward.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:24 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
True. I still don't think gentrification will hit Cypress Hills without getting the eastern parts if those neighborhoods because of distance and convenience to manhattan and continuity with other gentrified neighborhoods.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:07 PM

34,018 posts, read 47,240,427 times
20 years and Cypress Hills will be like what Bushwick is today.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 11-17-2013, 07:31 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,212,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
20 years and Cypress Hills will be like what Bushwick is today.
Lol Bushwick to me is basically the same thing as Cypress Hills aside from a few blocks around Jefferson Street with some yupster joints and a sprinkle of marshmallows scattered throughout the rest. Otherwise, the only difference is that now one area is an overpriced dump while the other is still affordable.

And yes, I was there very recently for a decent chunk of time...

Old 11-17-2013, 07:35 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,561,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Lol Bushwick to me is basically the same thing as Cypress Hills aside from a few blocks around Jefferson Street with some yupster joints and a sprinkle of marshmallows scattered throughout the rest. Otherwise, the only difference is that now one area is an overpriced dump while the other is still affordable.

I, actually, have to agree with this. Aside from a few blocks, the changes in Bushwick over the years haven't been that drastic.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njnyckid View Post
I, actually, have to agree with this. Aside from a few blocks, the changes in Bushwick over the years haven't been that drastic.
See bro, we can still be buddies.

You're now my bestie...

Old 11-17-2013, 07:50 PM

34,018 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post

Nahh not really. The housing stock in Cypress Hills is way different. Way more single family homes.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 11-17-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Nahh not really. The housing stock in Cypress Hills is way different. Way more single family homes.
Ok the housing stock is different in parts. I won't argue that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City