Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 02:04 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobBarley View Post
I just posted that I wasn't into drag queens.. so, why would I care?
SHe's probably not into trolls Aren't trolls the monsters who live under the bridge. She has a real man, not a gremlin!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 02:30 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times
he has a lot of money on the line and most likely blacks will be his largest consumers at barney's, so that's not a surprise. otherwise, he would have to pull his money from them i guess.

Old 11-18-2013, 02:35 PM

268 posts, read 480,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
SHe's probably not into trolls Aren't trolls the monsters who live under the bridge. She has a real man, not a gremlin!

Old 11-18-2013, 03:49 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,313,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
he has a lot of money on the line and most likely blacks will be his largest consumers at barney's, so that's not a surprise. otherwise, he would have to pull his money from them i guess.
So really this is just marketing for Barney's.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:04 PM

3,357 posts, read 4,631,584 times
Am I the only one who pictured Jay Z talking to a big purple dinosaur after reading the title?

Jay Z Demands to Barney to End Racial Profiling

Barney said - No problem! I love you, you love me, we're a happy family...

Old 11-18-2013, 06:08 PM

835 posts, read 1,040,591 times
I am truly surprised he still wants to go through with the deal. He has been getting a lot of flak for this.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:15 PM

937 posts, read 1,134,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
There it is.

Yahoo!

I'm glad this issue didn't go away, and yes, Jay Z is obligated to address this.
Jay z is part of the reason why young African Americans are profiled.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
Jay z is part of the reason why young African Americans are profiled.
How? He is a rich mogul that know how to make investments.

He has his own clothing line, he owns a sports team, and he isn't even concerned what goes on with younger black males. I wish he was an actual representation of younger black males.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:45 PM

937 posts, read 1,134,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
How? He is a rich mogul that know how to make investments.

He has his own clothing line, he owns a sports team, and he isn't even concerned what goes on with younger black males. I wish he was an actual representation of younger black males.
How? Like all rappers/"entertainers" of his ilk, he made millions spreading the filthy project/criminal/drug culture.

Jay Z's claim to fame are recordings which glorify violence, drug dealing and sex. 50 cent is another one who became rich by exploiting and selling the drug culture to millions of wayward African American youth. They are both rich, but their money (like most entertainers/business men) is dirty, due to how they earned it.

Also, you must understand that jay z is owned by the corporations. He sold his soul, for a few million.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
How? Like all rappers/"entertainers" of his ilk, he made millions spreading the filthy project/criminal/drug culture.

Jay Z's claim to fame are recordings which glorify violence, drug dealing and sex.
I don't think you know how the music industry really works. Artist make the bulk of their money from signing deals, investments, and sponsorships. It is unusual for a rapper to make as much money as Jay-Z does, the bulk of his money comes from the things listed above.

Most rappers sell around 3 million records, at the most if they are lucky. And there are tons of of people who take cuts from it after that. That's not a lot of money if you haven't caught on yet.

This man knows how to make investments. There is no denying that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City