Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 08:52 PM

937 posts, read 1,134,933 times

Advertisements

My apologies for the title. I used a statement from one of the articles on this subject matter, but I don't believe they will receive 50 million each. I'd be surprised if they received a 1 million dollar payout to be quite honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 08:06 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,073,996 times
Quote:
I cannot imagine how they will be "made whole,"
I could get pretty WHOLE with $50 million.

Old 11-20-2013, 02:02 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
I believe you sign up by becoming a poor person of color in NYC...pretty simple. It isn't the first time, and it won't be the last...so maybe if you are "lucky enough" you can be reborn Taekwon Jenkins of the Harlem housing projects, assuming you live past 5 years old of course. Then you too can be locked up for 12 years, have your family put thru hell, your friends abandon you...yes something to envy indeed.
Taekwondo. You mean tequan or tayquan or teyquan.

Old 11-20-2013, 02:06 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
this is proof not that the justice department has pillow cases on its head, it is proof that DNA testing is vastly superior to our current judicial system. as high tech surveillance and tracking methods and robo cop becomes the new standard, more people will go to jail not less so please dont cheer yet. yes the increase in sentences will include more white but also an avalanche of blacks as the net of justice gets tighter
. the new robo cop justice will be colorless but that will bad news for many. the card does not work well on robots. and programmers are very hard to nail with civil rights arguments.

Old 11-20-2013, 03:06 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times
well they deserve it since they didn't do it.

Old 11-20-2013, 03:07 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,065,538 times
Im sure they were angelic young men before the man railroaded them.

Old 11-20-2013, 05:42 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,727,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post

Didn't you see the 6th grade graduation photos?? Didn't you know they were all aspiring rappers?

I know one of them is now an attorney or becoming an attorney but that's only because he got his act together while in prison and went to college, etc.

I know the DNA proves they didn't rape this woman but I wouldn't be surprised if they were involved in one way or another --- just because they didn't rape her doesn't mean they didn't beat the crap out of her or rob her or whatever else happened. They just got lucky that the other monster took all the heat for it.

Old 11-20-2013, 06:31 PM

857 posts, read 1,200,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
Didn't you see the 6th grade graduation photos?? Didn't you know they were all aspiring rappers?

I know one of them is now an attorney or becoming an attorney but that's only because he got his act together while in prison and went to college, etc.

I know the DNA proves they didn't rape this woman but I wouldn't be surprised if they were involved in one way or another --- just because they didn't rape her doesn't mean they didn't beat the crap out of her or rob her or whatever else happened. They just got lucky that the other monster took all the heat for it.

with ignorance like this i can never forget that im in the NYC forum @ citydata....with that said they werent even in the same section of the park when it happened.......id suggest you do research on the case but i guess its much more comfortable to speak on things you know nothing about....smdh

Old 11-20-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter2219 View Post
with ignorance like this i can never forget that im in the NYC forum @ citydata....with that said they werent even in the same section of the park when it happened.......id suggest you do research on the case but i guess its much more comfortable to speak on things you know nothing about....smdh

it's an OPINION. And how do you know what section of the park they were in??? It's all speculation and talk now. The only proven fact is that the DNA didn't belong to any of them.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter2219 View Post

It's not 'ignorance' or anything else. You know what the drill is because it happens all the time --- parade out the 6th grade graduation photos to prove "what a good boy he is" or say "he is/was an aspiring rapper" So freaking DUMB.

These five were NOT good boys or choir boys or anything else. They were in the park that night looking for trouble. We don't know what part of the park they were in. That's the claim NOW, all these years later. You have a documentary film-maker looking ONLY for what is in their favor ---- what good would the truth do him? He's in it to cause sensationalism and make a buck.

I don't know about you but I remember NYC at that time and it was NOT pretty and NOT safe. I remember the groups of teens "wilding" through the subway stations and the parks and the stores punching people, robbing people, destroying property, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: