Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2013, 12:00 AM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydata View Post
I'm all for law abiding citizens able to carry guns to protect themselves, but not everybody is ex-military
who's got the situational awareness and training like you. Forget sucker punch, most people can't even
dodge a quick punch to their face even if they know is coming.
Bingo

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 12:03 AM

19,042 posts, read 13,959,968 times
The 2nd Amendment does not differentiate between military veterans and non-military veterans. I have no greater right to the ability to defend myself with a firearm if needs be than any other law abiding citizen does. NYC and other liberal bastions will never grasp this fact.

Nothing you guys are saying justifies an infringement of citizens' rights, sorry.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:08 AM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
The 2nd Amendment does not differentiate between military veterans and non-military veterans. I have no greater right to the ability to defend myself with a firearm if needs be than any other law abiding citizen does. NYC and other liberal bastions will never grasp this fact.

Nothing you guys are saying justifies an infringement of citizens' rights, sorry.
Who cares if the 2nd Amendment gives citizens the right to bear arms....you got military training....if I owned a gun right now I would never be able to shoot as good as you. So imagine me in a "knockout" situation....honestly they most likely would get the drop on me and probably get my gun too. You are able to handle a gun professionally, many are not.

You know who doesnt ever have to worry about being a victim of knockout? Mike Tyson. Lol. Nobody would step to him on the street like that. Lol.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 11-26-2013, 12:15 AM

They'd be playing knockout still, they just wouldn't like the outcome.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:51 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,027,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
They'd be playing knockout still, they just wouldn't like the outcome.
You talk so much *ish. Seriously.

You sound like one of those dudes who sit at the bar bragging to his friends how bad ass he is all the time.

They're not punching people who are expecting it. You would have to stay in constant state of alert whenever you saw two or more males walking down the street together. Also, contrary to what some on here would like to believe this isn't something that only black males are doing as evidenced by the jewish guy that got hit by the indian dude and his hispanic friends.

Paul Kearsey was a character in a movie not real life. Get over yourself.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:54 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,027,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Who cares if the 2nd Amendment gives citizens the right to bear arms....you got military training....if I owned a gun right now I would never be able to shoot as good as you. So imagine me in a "knockout" situation....honestly they most likely would get the drop on me and probably get my gun too. You are able to handle a gun professionally, many are not.

You know who doesnt ever have to worry about being a victim of knockout? Mike Tyson. Lol. Nobody would step to him on the street like that. Lol.
Not true. Mike's old now. At least to a bunch of young kids he is.

Also, if he's not prepared to take that punch just like all the rest of the victims weren't, he could fall to the ground too and watch as they run off.

Now, if he still has the stamina to catch them, then that's a different story. Lol

Old 11-26-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
You talk so much *ish. Seriously.

You sound like one of those dudes who sit at the bar bragging to his friends how bad ass he is all the time.

They're not punching people who are expecting it. You would have to stay in constant state of alert whenever you saw two or more males walking down the street together. Also, contrary to what some on here would like to believe this isn't something that only black males are doing as evidenced by the jewish guy that got hit by the indian dude and his hispanic friends.

Paul Kearsey was a character in a movie not real life. Get over yourself.
I was talking about Mike Tyson pal. Relax for a second and you would have easily been able to comprehend that. Stop losing your cool over internet postings. Maybe you need a break from here?

Old 11-26-2013, 10:12 AM

2,691 posts, read 4,330,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Not true. Mike's old now. At least to a bunch of young kids he is.

Also, if he's not prepared to take that punch just like all the rest of the victims weren't, he could fall to the ground too and watch as they run off.

Now, if he still has the stamina to catch them, then that's a different story. Lol
No way. If a teen sucker punched Mike Tyson, no way he'd be able to knock him down. Mike is late 40s, like 6ft and over 200 lbs! He's also likely in solid physical condition even though he doesn't fight professionally. Many former athletes are. You really think a 150 lb teen can knock down a 200 lb man who has been a professional boxer for many years? If the teen happened to box and was heavyweight, maybe but I doubt these idiots that play the game do anything as constructive as that athletic outlet.

Last edited by jad2k; 11-26-2013 at 10:52 AM..

Old 11-26-2013, 10:39 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,215,558 times
Lol if mike even noticed a sucker punch from one of these little maggots, he'd flick all of them away with two fingers.

"You thilly little bitcthes. Honesthly, I would more than anything like to athist you in the trajectory of your weak asth right hook..."

Old 11-26-2013, 10:44 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,928,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Lol if mike even noticed a sucker punch from one of these little maggots, he'd flick all of them away with two fingers.

"You thilly little bitcthes. Honesthly, I would more than anything like to athist you in the trajectory of your weak asth right hook..."
I dunno, saw him on a Law and Order episode (I think?) shortly ago ... he is getting old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City