Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2013, 02:19 PM

579 posts, read 945,638 times

Advertisements

New York Real Estate Brochures Collection: Projects

Anyone see how much 930 Grand Concourse looks like 530 Park Avenue?

Park Avenue Luxury Condominium Residences | 530 Park Avenue | NYC - 530 Park Avenue

Price differential is noticeable. What would happen if the art deco on the Concourse becomes desireable once again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 02:22 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,683,123 times
I love Art Deco but would only feel safe looking at the bldgs in Bedford Park and not further down.

Old 11-27-2013, 02:25 PM

1,271 posts, read 3,232,453 times
The exterior aesthetics are not what makes buildings like 530 Park desirable and expensive.

Old 11-27-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownstoneNY View Post
The exterior aesthetics are not what makes buildings like 530 Park desirable and expensive.
I understand the difference between Park Ave and the Grand Concourse. But the building aesthetics would certainly be a factor in choosing to live in one building versus another. I picked an art deco style building over a 1960's style because of aesthetics.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
I love Art Deco but would only feel safe looking at the bldgs in Bedford Park and not further down.
Bedford Park does have some nice deco buildings. But the ones further south are show pieces in my opinion.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:22 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,075,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietrang View Post

Park Avenue Luxury Condominium Residences | 530 Park Avenue | NYC - 530 Park Avenue

Price differential is noticeable. What would happen if the art deco on the Concourse becomes desireable once again?
Unfortunately it won't be soon because many the owners of the buildings on the lower concourse have entered into long term binding agreements with various city and state social service and mental health agencies whereby blocks of apartments in the buildings are reserved for social service recipients.

Some of the co op buildings are exceptions but even some of those have some of these agreements where the original sponsor/landlord actually sold blocks of apartments to the NYS Dept of Mental Health or signed agreements with the City.

I love the GC and looked at lots of co ops down there when I decided to move to The Bronx but decided that it was going to take too long for the area to really change.

Some of the buildings are in horrible,horrible shape too.Decades of total abuse and neglect.I guess landlords didn't care as long as they had their cash flow from the city or state.

It will take a monumental effort and a monumental infusion of cash to really get it turned around.

I hope it happens but I'm not holding my breath.

Old 11-27-2013, 04:58 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,689,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietrang View Post

That's a nice building with a doorman Pietrang. 860 GC is also very nice and IMO in a better spot.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Unfortunately it won't be soon because many the owners of the buildings on the lower concourse have entered into long term binding agreements with various city and state social service and mental health agencies whereby blocks of apartments in the buildings are reserved for social service recipients.

Some of the co op buildings are exceptions but even some of those have some of these agreements where the original sponsor/landlord actually sold blocks of apartments to the NYS Dept of Mental Health or signed agreements with the City.

I love the GC and looked at lots of co ops down there when I decided to move to The Bronx but decided that it was going to take too long for the area to really change.

Some of the buildings are in horrible,horrible shape too.Decades of total abuse and neglect.I guess landlords didn't care as long as they had their cash flow from the city or state.

It will take a monumental effort and a monumental infusion of cash to really get it turned around.

I hope it happens but I'm not holding my breath.
I did not know about this. Is this true for the buildings south of 165th Street?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City