Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 10:51 AM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times

Advertisements

horrible area. don't do it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 07:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,484 times
OOOOK iM A BROOKLYN ITE LOL CURRENTLY LIVE IN THAT AREA ON MOTHER GASTON...
ITS A CATCH 22 BECUZ 5BLOCKS DOWN AND YOUR IN HELL!! I LIVE FURTHER ON MOTHER GASTON DEEP INTO THE BELLY OF THE BEAST ...AND HULL BY THE JUNCTION IS FAR WAY SAFER BECUZ.......
1 THE BUS DEPO IS 24HR OPERATIONS
2 THE TRAIN STATION HAS AS PRECINCT WITHIN
3 ITS HEAVILY TRAFFIC WITH THE LIRR (LONGISLAND RAILROAD) WITHIN BLOCKS iTS INTERSECTIONS FOR MAJOR HIGHWAYS

NOW WITH THAT BEING SAID YOU ALSO HAVE TWO MAJOR HOMELESS SHELTERS NEAR BY WHERE YOU HVE DERILICTS ROAM SIDE STREETS (SO NO LATE SUMMER STROLLS ITS NOTHING TO SEE ANYWAYS LOL)
BUT EVEN THEY ARE NOT CRAZY WITH THE POLICE PRESENCE AROUND....WHATEVER APRTMNT YOU LOOK AT BETTER BE DIRT CHEAP IT IS CLOSE TO THE LEAST MOST DESIRABLE PLACE IN BK TO LIVE BROWNSVILLE.....BUT YOU CAN ACCESS ANY TRAIN LOL SO YOU DONT HAVE TO HANG OUT THERE JUST STUDY AND SLEEP AND SAVE A TON OF MONEY

Old 12-17-2013, 08:26 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,975,014 times
Paying high rent in that area is a no no, just to get his ass kicked and pockets picked. It shows desperation.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:31 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,992,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromLaramieWI View Post
But these areas are turning around because of housing demand, are they not?

Sure and if your lease is for 10 years maybe just maybe by the end of it you will be in a desirable area.
Right now NO

Old 12-18-2013, 11:39 AM

573 posts, read 1,462,107 times
We know Brownsville is bad, but for a person that is familiar with a hood environment I think it is still doable... And you would save a lot of money. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the area is safe. It certainly takes a good amount of street smarts and "hood knowledge" to live in Brownsville. But not all parts are as bad as Mother Gaston. I mean if I was broke and I saw a crib available around Brookdale hospital or along 98th st, I think I would probably go for it.

Old 12-18-2013, 02:00 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy93 View Post
We know Brownsville is bad, but for a person that is familiar with a hood environment I think it is still doable... And you would save a lot of money. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the area is safe. It certainly takes a good amount of street smarts and "hood knowledge" to live in Brownsville. But not all parts are as bad as Mother Gaston. I mean if I was broke and I saw a crib available around Brookdale hospital or along 98th st, I think I would probably go for it.
There are a lot of other neighborhoods that you could move to and save just as much money (if not more).

Old 12-18-2013, 02:34 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,319,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
There are a lot of other neighborhoods that you could move to and save just as much money (if not more).
Like Southern Brooklyn *hint hint* *nudge nudge*

Old 12-20-2013, 12:36 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,806,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy93 View Post
Teen killer all smiles as judge gives her 20 years | New York Post

And I'm telling you frenchy you came to Brownsville at the perfect time and you were very lucky... I'm not saying the area is a hellhole or that it's stuck in time because it's definitely made some serious improvements but even just two years ago early 2011 that area used to be target practice for a number of gangs and especially these two that didn't care who was around when they were shooting... I saw you mentioning in the other thread taking an area by Mother Gaston and making it orange... No disrespect, but my man you really aren't qualified to be making that statement based on a 1-2 week visit to NYC...

Old 12-20-2013, 01:47 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromLaramieWI View Post
But these areas are turning around because of housing demand, are they not?
LOL. The Realtor told you that didn't you.

They are 3 of the most dangerous areas in the city.

Old 12-25-2013, 12:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Broadway Junction is near Bedford Stuyvesant, Brownsville, and East New York which are high crime areas.
Broadway Junction is area where different events of music, dance and show are held under Broadway. Now a day's a Christmas musical event is going on, which seems to be great and I am going to watch it.
//www.city-data.com/forum/www.broadway.org

Last edited by aeleenpreston; 12-25-2013 at 12:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City