Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2013, 07:28 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Btw, I think a lot of Hasidics tend to be anti-Zionist. They use to protest Israel all of the time over by the UN.
Hasids are anti-Israel because it was created under the act of Man and not G_d. They burn Israeli flags in their streets.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2013, 08:12 AM

195 posts, read 304,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Why do we have hunting restrictions on certain animals? If I want a panda bear jacket, I should be able to hunt, kill and skin it. Why do some animals get preferential treatment?

Btw, I think a lot of Hasidics tend to be anti-Zionist. They use to protest Israel all of the time over by the UN.
I'm not here for this. Now you're comparing humans to animals...last I checked we had the ability to reason, they don't.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:20 AM

195 posts, read 304,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
As per the video, the man kicked his legs at the PO to the right or did you miss that (intentionally)? It doesn't matter if was drunk or high, he took aggressive stands multiple times during the video. The POs kept their distance while waiting for backup/EMS and the situation acted calmly.

As to what the Bus Driver saw at 4am. So what if she thinks guys in jackets. All they are is potential witnesses who left. As per license plate photos, they are more potential witnesses. Newspapers keep on stating sources stated this and that and its still hearsay. So in the end we have a highly intoxicated person who got punched in the face and a few laceration on his body. Yet except for his face, he has no bruising or internal injuries. So unless you have facts instead of innuendos stop posting BS.

Again you are making things more than they are. Hasids in general are vocal and not physical in their responses. They have a neighborhood watch (which was very common in the 70's/80's in mostly any neighborhood) and not a vigilante police force. They are religious extremists and trust no one outside of their circles. Thus to most its up to G_d to retaliate physically to issues that occur.

You requested a response to this:

And did they get physical? No. This person most likely walked past a synagogue with a group of highly modest conservative people in front of it (including women and children). If you know what type of neighborhood you live in, why would you taunt fate by doing something stupid. She should have known better.
I'm not even going to waste my time this morning responding to the points you brought up. I cannot take common sense, the basic understanding of news reporting, and the legal process as it refers to evidence and testimonies and place it into your head if you so willingly do not want to understand it.

Obviously you sympathize with their actions and therefore nothing I say could ever end your efforts at justifying their actions. We'll agree to disagree that a group of Hasidic Jews were the likely perpetrators and that they have a history of attacking and harassing others in the past.

Old 12-15-2013, 09:12 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,132,425 times
Quote:
And did they get physical? No. This person most likely walked past a synagogue with a group of highly modest conservative people in front of it (including women and children). If you know what type of neighborhood you live in, why would you taunt fate by doing something stupid. She should have known better.
I'm speechless.

You are way out of line to suggest a woman in a mini skirt should have to walk a longer route instead of risk offending some kind of freakishly conservative sect. If the people in that religious group are so offended by women in short skirts THEY are the ones who should move to some corner of Utah or Wyoming, fence off their property and live in isolation.

Old 12-15-2013, 09:13 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laryenhilllvr View Post
I'm not here for this. Now you're comparing humans to animals...last I checked we had the ability to reason, they don't.
Obviously we do not have great abilities to reason. Sometimes reasoning entails the use of statistics, which you refuse to believe, understand or trust. You rather just throw in some links to certain one-off articles. Then you go ahead and convince yourself that black on black homicide rates are higher than any other race on race homicide rates because of higher police presence in black neighborhoods. Who is it making the excuses? I personally do not care since I'm neither Jewish or black. I care because I live nearby or often frequent the neighborhoods where these two groups get turned against each other, much so do to those that live in a far away land like yourself. Both groups that are living in brooklyn have more in common with each other than someone of a similar race or religion that lives in, for example DC.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:16 AM

3,244 posts, read 5,241,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Everyone knows without US standing behind them that country would be wiped off the face of the map.
Way off topic, but only idiots believe this.
There have been several wars between Israel & its neighbors. Israel has won all of them, without much help from its allies. Arab/Moslem countries are certain that Israel has nuclear weapons, and that the capitals and major cities of any countries that would attempt to obliterate Israel would be targeted and destroyed.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:52 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Are you serious? You are making up a fantasy in your mind here.

This was at like 3AM. No women. No children. No synagogue. Nothing open! I was walking back to my apartment. Should I have dressed in a burqa?

Do you know how scary it is to have a bunch of strange men run you down in the middle of night? And you think I was asking for it? In my OWN neighborhood?

Unbelievable. Are you for real? Why are you so desperate to blame the victim?

Old 12-15-2013, 10:56 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
There have been several wars between Israel & its neighbors. Israel has won all of them, without much help from its allies. Arab/Moslem countries are certain that Israel has nuclear weapons, and that the capitals and major cities of any countries that would attempt to obliterate Israel would be targeted and destroyed.

With the US being one of the major suppliers of weapons to Israel I doubt that they could have won without us. Also dont believe that it makes a difference to them as to how they get to those 72 virgins.

Old 12-15-2013, 11:05 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,906,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
I think only idiots would believe THAT!

Quote:

Oh man, this guy is always here defending the chosen saints. On a previous thread where the overwhelming majority of people condemned a hasidic bully who almost crushed a cyclist with his van, there he was making all sort of excuses for him, and even shifting the blame to the victim. Same MO as on this thread.

To him they could do no wrong.

Last edited by likeminas; 12-15-2013 at 11:15 AM..

Old 12-15-2013, 11:51 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Are you serious? You are making up a fantasy in your mind here.

This was at like 3AM. No women. No children. No synagogue. Nothing open! I was walking back to my apartment. Should I have dressed in a burqa?

Do you know how scary it is to have a bunch of strange men run you down in the middle of night? And you think I was asking for it? In my OWN neighborhood?

Unbelievable. Are you for real? Why are you so desperate to blame the victim?
Some people just come online to spew hate and troll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City