Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 09:18 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Then we're on the same page.

Ultra-orthodox Jews live in their own world. .... Quite frankly, I'm suspicious of any group that wears religious clothing in public in the modern age.
Then you're suspicious of the wrong UO Jews. Nearly all of them are pacifists. It's extremely rare to see them get physical. For the most part they are vocal. The one's to worry about are one's who are not known by the general NYC community. They are called Yeshivish and they don't wear black (for the most part). The only way in the US to tell them apart from simply Orthodox Jews is their vocabulary (their slight variations in certain words mean something else then those who are fluent in the normal grammar of that language). Past that they mix in with crowd pretty easily (think JDL of the 80's). If you want to see what they look and act like outside the US, look up Settlers in the West Bank especially in the Hebron area. For the most part they are American born and don't wear black.

The only reason Hasidics have power in NYC is that, for each sect, they all vote for the person their leader tells them to vote for. And they will ALL vote for that person without question. They don't have that type of power anywhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Wonderful, so you don't actually have a real answer and won't inconvenience yourself by trying to answer your inconsistent views. Good for you.
You want an answer for you personally since the comment was directed towards the one poster it was replied too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
There are a lot of people disagreeing with you. Does that mean we are all in a one windowed view of the world and it's the same one window? Do you also get a one windowed view or are you special?
So here we go just for you. We live in the US where we have the freedom of speech. So if people in general disagree with me, then that's their choice. Each person comes up with their own reasoning based on the information available to them. Yet there are many people who fail to use the internet as a learning to tool and actually research their own facts, we end up with statements that have nothing to hold them up with as truth rather than simply unproven/unprovable facts.

I don't have a one windowed view of the world. I know the difference between perception and real reality. I work around the world in some of harshest countries and I've been in actual deployment where 100's of fellow Americans died around me in a single day. So what's your reality?

Last edited by Pruzhany; 04-25-2014 at 10:42 PM..

Old 04-26-2014, 06:26 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,313,805 times
Since this isn't a hate crime why is everything centered about the attackers being Jewish and the victim being black and gay? This is probably just one of many beat downs that take place in Brooklyn at any given point in time.

Old 04-26-2014, 07:47 AM

503 posts, read 898,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Since this isn't a hate crime why is everything centered about the attackers being Jewish and the victim being black and gay? This is probably just one of many beat downs that take place in Brooklyn at any given point in time.
Lol

Old 04-27-2014, 02:49 AM

191 posts, read 220,627 times
this is a non-story.. if it was the other way around, group of blacks beat hasidic jew there wouldn't even be a thread on this forum or anywhere else.. this happens daily somewhere in nyc, some mob of any race beating up some victim of any race.

Old 04-27-2014, 04:46 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,313,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycman9 View Post
this is a non-story.. if it was the other way around, group of blacks beat hasidic jew there wouldn't even be a thread on this forum or anywhere else.. this happens daily somewhere in nyc, some mob of any race beating up some victim of any race.
In most typical cases the mob and the victim would have been of the same race.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycman9 View Post
This case is a mix of the Howard Beach incident mixed with many aspects of the Tawana Brawley incident. Except for one man getting a beating, there are very few facts that are seen as truth in his favor. It will come down to what was filmed on the cellphone and what the bus driver actually saw. If the victims blood alcohol level taken in the hospital is as high as stated in the police report, then many of statements made days after the incident won't hold up in court. When and if it makes it to court, then we might actually see what the evidence is.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:49 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,409,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Then you're suspicious of the wrong UO Jews. Nearly all of them are pacifists. It's extremely rare to see them get physical. For the most part they are vocal. The one's to worry about are one's who are not known by the general NYC community. They are called Yeshivish and they don't wear black (for the most part). The only way in the US to tell them apart from simply Orthodox Jews is their vocabulary (their slight variations in certain words mean something else then those who are fluent in the normal grammar of that language). Past that they mix in with crowd pretty easily (think JDL of the 80's). If you want to see what they look and act like outside the US, look up Settlers in the West Bank especially in the Hebron area. For the most part they are American born and don't wear black.

The only reason Hasidics have power in NYC is that, for each sect, they all vote for the person their leader tells them to vote for. And they will ALL vote for that person without question. They don't have that type of power anywhere else.
You're kind of describing my neighborhood midwood. Lots of yeshivas here and I was called a racist name by a group of them before.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
You're kind of describing my neighborhood midwood. Lots of yeshivas here and I was called a racist name by a group of them before.
Basically along the Bedford Ave corridor are the generations (and tangents off of) the Meir Kahane legacy.

Old 04-27-2014, 01:17 PM

37,135 posts, read 39,394,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
You want an answer for you personally since the comment was directed towards the one poster it was replied too.

So here we go just for you. We live in the US where we have the freedom of speech. So if people in general disagree with me, then that's their choice. Each person comes up with their own reasoning based on the information available to them. Yet there are many people who fail to use the internet as a learning to tool and actually research their own facts, we end up with statements that have nothing to hold them up with as truth rather than simply unproven/unprovable facts.

I don't have a one windowed view of the world. I know the difference between perception and real reality. I work around the world in some of harshest countries and I've been in actual deployment where 100's of fellow Americans died around me in a single day. So what's your reality?
You have a pretty windowed view of the world it seems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City