Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2013, 11:10 AM

669 posts, read 914,747 times

Advertisements

Are they going to be touching the other boroughs and making any noticeable changes anytime soon or is the plan to fill up Manhattan as much as possible then move on to the other boroughs? Which begs the question, how much more can Manhattan be filled up and how long from now might it take them to do that?

Sorry if there are other threads like this already. I'm not really a regular in this section.

Last edited by yyuusr; 12-12-2013 at 11:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 08:05 PM

4,035 posts, read 10,292,023 times
These are just the ones that are likely to get built: Vision: New York 2020 - New York Yimby

There are quite a few others planned.

Old 12-14-2013, 06:09 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
"Skyscrappers" is indeed a good term for some of them.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:22 PM

669 posts, read 914,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpk-nyc View Post
These are just the ones that are likely to get built: Vision: New York 2020 - New York Yimby

There are quite a few others planned.
Wow I had totally forgotten I created this thread.

Thanks for the link. That looks interesting.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:28 PM

77 posts, read 133,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyuusr View Post
Are they going to be touching the other boroughs and making any noticeable changes anytime soon or is the plan to fill up Manhattan as much as possible then move on to the other boroughs? Which begs the question, how much more can Manhattan be filled up and how long from now might it take them to do that?

Sorry if there are other threads like this already. I'm not really a regular in this section.
One thing I'll be very interested to see progress (or not) with the new Administration, is the massive rezoning planned for the Midtown East district around the Chrysler Building. I'm all for higher density and all for intelligently improving that district to keep us competitive with other top-tier global cities, but I'm also very glad this plan wasn't rushed through in a haphazard manner during Bloomberg's last days. Should be interesting to watch how it plays out between the developers, neighborhood activist groups, the 2nd Avenue subway construction, and of course the continuing concerns (valid and invalid) that NYC is becoming a condo canyon playground of the rich.

As far as the other boroughs, I expect you'll see continued skyscraper development in the usual suspects (Williamsburg, downtown Brooklyn, Long Island City, etc.)

Old 01-06-2014, 07:32 PM

530 posts, read 1,359,135 times
There's two very good skyscraper forum websites that really have a wealth of this kind of info but it's against community guidelines to mention competitor websites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: