Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 02:59 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,246,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
The French should **** until they figure out what to do with the massive ghettos surrounding Paris
There are plenty of high rise ghettos in the former communist regime countries too. A guy from St. Petesrburg told me that the Russian ghettos pale in comparsion with the behemoths he saw in Paris. But maybe his opinion was biased.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2013, 06:57 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,319,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
There are plenty of high rise ghettos in the former communist regime countries too. A guy from St. Petesrburg told me that the Russian ghettos pale in comparsion with the behemoths he saw in Paris. But maybe his opinion was biased.
Russia doesn't really have traditional ghettoes because of decades of Soviet policies, most of our ghettos just look like regular apartment blocks. I lived on the fourteenth floor a building that looked kinda ghetto, but people didn't get robbed or anything. The most dangerous thing in our building was the elevators. It's a miracle I never got stuck, you get stuck in one of those traps and you're gonna be there for hours.

But if you include Chechnya, oh man, those ghettoes would make the Brazilian Favela look like the Hamptons

Old 12-18-2013, 11:59 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi_A7 View Post
Who doesn't have something negative to say about the Bronx? I read somewhere that the Bronx continues to lose its Caucasian population which I'm sure is one reason the Bronx is still seen in a negative light. Brooklyn's Caucasian population meanwhile is on the rise and of course Manhattan is becoming ever so Caucasian as well.
Dude much of NYC lost its white population or loosing its white population. You see the white flight is not over and whites that are born in places like Bronx, Brooklyn and Queens will most likely move out of their boroughs foe the suburbs or some small city. Brooklyn Caucasian growth steems from poor Hasidic Jews and not from Midwestern yuppie transplants who remain primarily childless.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:25 AM

820 posts, read 953,491 times
"C'est le Bronx"
Yes for us, the Bronx is worse than Bagdad. But let tell me that, each time I am going to Manhattan and asking to visit the Bronx, people/taxi drivers say to me "Are you crazy? Do you really want to be rapped? In the Bronx, they will shoot at you in less than 10 secondes"
So if people from Manhattan tell you that, you think it's true!

Old 12-19-2013, 08:29 AM

Quote:
The French should **** until they figure out what to do with the massive ghettos surrounding Paris
Which ghettos? There is no ghetto in France, except what you can see at TV about France.
DO you know how many crimes there are in France, just compared to one city in the USA (Chicago for instance)?

Old 12-19-2013, 08:31 AM

5,112 posts, read 4,959,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
Those cheese eating surrender monkeys, how dare they diss da Bronx.
I should grow some more serious respect for the bronx from now on...

Old 12-19-2013, 08:38 AM

5,112 posts, read 4,959,205 times
Quote:
Russia doesn't really have traditional ghettoes because of decades of Soviet policies, most of our ghettos just look like regular apartment blocks. I lived on the fourteenth floor a building that looked kinda ghetto, but people didn't get robbed or anything. The most dangerous thing in our building was the elevators. It's a miracle I never got stuck, you get stuck in one of those traps and you're gonna be there for hours.

But if you include Chechnya, oh man, those ghettoes would make the Brazilian Favela look like the Hamptons

The biggest Russian ghetto is probably its government office building, where the power corrupts legally rob and bully their civilian Russians/visitors in wide day light. This image based on my experience from over a decade ago, and things might have improved since.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
Those cheese eating surrender monkeys, how dare they diss da Bronx.
This expression is the funniest American people invented by jealousy when we all know French won more wars than any other country.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:43 AM

13,447 posts, read 15,466,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi_A7 View Post
Who doesn't have something negative to say about the Bronx? I read somewhere that the Bronx continues to lose its Caucasian population which I'm sure is one reason the Bronx is still seen in a negative light. Brooklyn's Caucasian population meanwhile is on the rise and of course Manhattan is becoming ever so Caucasian as well.
lolz. who cares? As long as my neighbor is a decent person who respects where h/she lives, I don't give a flying bleep about what color they are. And not all minorities are poor and living in public housing, but I guess that's still a secret to some people.

Also, people can think what they want. I'm proud to say that I was born and raised in the Bronx.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:06 AM

573 posts, read 1,462,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
lolz. who cares? As long as my neighbor is a decent person who respects where h/she lives, I don't give a flying bleep about what color they are.
Exactly, I don't know why people still care about that...

@amaroW faut sortir de chez soi un peu, bien sûr qu'en France on a des ghettos. Et c'est faux de dire que les taxis refusent d'aller dans le Bronx, j'ai une amie de ma mère là bas et ça lui arrive de prendre le taxi hein. Les gens de Manhattan c'est comme les Parisiens, ils croient que l'autre côté du périph c'est la jungle.

Taxis do go to the Bronx nowadays, this ain't the Fort Apache days anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City