Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 02:40 PM

343 posts, read 1,092,744 times

Advertisements

hello all!

i'm new here just decided to join the forum today and hopefully ease my anxiety of waiting!!
I applied for the lottery at 160 West 62nd Street - new building going up right on the corner of Amsterdam. First of all i was amazed, thrilled and excited to find a lottery in such a dope location, because most of the one's i've seen this year are horridly located - on 10th & 11th avenues, yuck! i couldn't even imagine that walk to & from the subway, no thanks.

anywho. i've applied and now it is the waiting game. the application process closes on January 3rd, so I know my post is premature lol. but i'm qualified! i know for a fact i qualify with flying colors. i'm 27, still live at home with family so i've never been on my own and dont have any housing history under my name, so no housing problems. i have good credit (never been bankrupt & have low debt-to-income ratio.) i work temp, thats why i qualify for this low income program. my income is right on target, i've made sure of that ;-)

does anyone know how long after the deadline it takes for interview letters to be sent out? the deadline is Jan 3 and the lottery will start soon (2 weeks?) after, so i'm thinking & hoping I'll get a letter early Feb..

anyone else apply here? anyone else apply to any others (like 77th street..) and have feedback?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2013, 04:53 PM

its actually interesting that there are no threads about this lottery yet. is it because it is still too soon?

Old 12-18-2013, 04:56 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,235,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLove View Post
its actually interesting that there are no threads about this lottery yet. is it because it is still too soon?
Yes and it also is a smaller lottery

Old 12-18-2013, 05:53 PM

21 posts, read 115,386 times
Did this lottery already end? I've been keeping up with the lotteries lately and haven't heard of this one.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:17 PM

46 posts, read 86,248 times
Are there any other sources for lotteries besides the ones advertised at NYC HOUSING CONNECT? TIA!

Old 12-18-2013, 06:21 PM

@NYNJ15 they stopped accepting application requests on December 13. Which i think is crazy because the deadline to send in applications is January 3 so why stop taking application requests 3 weeks before its over? Idk.. but the site is w62ndstreetapts.com and there was an option to request an application via mail or to download the application, but the download option isn't even available anymore so the application is no longer attainable :-\

i checked the site everyday while it was still active and when you downloaded an application a unique serial number appeared on it. the last application i downloaded was 16441. assuming the serial numbers started a 1, that means over 16000 applications were downloaded.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:36 PM

@BestFaceForward i actually heard about this lottery directly from the management company (Glenwood). i was calling about the wait list for another one of their buildings, and the lady i spoke to told me all the lists were full but they had a new building going up at 62nd street. i asked her where was the information for the lottery listed because if i didn't speak to her i would have never known about it, she said she didnt know because the city is in charge of advertising, but that the information should be posted at the building site. i've been by the site numerous times and i've never seen any affordable information listed.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:51 PM

21 posts, read 115,386 times
Wow! So it just ended Maybe they received too many applications and decided to end early. Good Luck to you anyways

Quote:
@NYNJ15 they stopped accepting application requests on December 13. Which i think is crazy because the deadline to send in applications is January 3 so why stop taking application requests 3 weeks before its over? Idk.. but the site is w62ndstreetapts.com and there was an option to request an application via mail or to download the application, but the download option isn't even available anymore so the application is no longer attainable :-\

i checked the site everyday while it was still active and when you downloaded an application a unique serial number appeared on it. the last application i downloaded was 16441. assuming the serial numbers started a 1, that means over 16000 applications were downloaded.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNJ15 View Post
Wow! So it just ended Maybe they received too many applications and decided to end early. Good Luck to you anyways

thank you!!! i really want it *fingers crossed*

Old 12-22-2013, 08:52 PM

54 posts, read 215,734 times
Quote:
thank you!!! i really want it *fingers crossed*

I also applied for this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City