Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 11:07 AM

151 posts, read 218,377 times

Advertisements

Michael Bloomberg is the most brilliant 5'7 to ever walk the planet.

Mega-projects under various stages of development: World Trade Center, Hudson Yards, Riverside South, Atlantic Yards, Greenpoint Landing, Hallets Cove, Hunters Point South, Domino Sugar factory site, Willets Point, and the new stadium for the soccer team New York City FC.

The first subway extension in 50 years is slated to open west of Times Square. The world's largest LED screen is also scheduled to be placed in Times Square.

There is tons of activity in Long Island City, Queens. There's a former brewery being turned into residential condos in Bushwick, Brooklyn. Whole Foods recently opened up in Gowanus.

57th Street in Manhattan is becoming Billionaire's Row, with 4 residential towers over 1,000 feet tall under development.

4 homes priced at over $100 million have hit the market in 2013 alone.

125th Street in Harlem is transforming into a middle class tourist trap.

There have been only 35 murders in Manhattan this year- a record low.

The population is rising in every borough for the first time in half a century.

3/4 of a million trees have been planted since 2002.

NYC is on pace to reach 4 million jobs- the most in history.

Lower Manhattan has morphed into a booming 24/7 district.

Transportation has been transformed. There are now taxis in all 5 boroughs. Citi bike is wildly popular.

Finally, setting the stage for future growth, Mike rezoned 40% of the city and has left Bill De Blasio with a balanced budget.

New York City is truly the capital of the world.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 12-21-2013 at 01:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 11:27 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,068,233 times
Yes, but the poor...the poor...the poor

Old 12-20-2013, 11:50 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,993,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCWonderBoy View Post

Mega-projects under various stages of development: World Trade Center, Hudson Yards, Riverside South, Atlantic Yards, Greenpoint Landing, Hallets Cove, Hunters Point South, Domino Sugar factory site, Willets Point, and the new stadium for the soccer team New York City FC.

The first subway extension in 50 years is slated to open west of Times Square. The world's largest LED screen is also scheduled to be placed in Times Square.

There is tons of activity in Long Island City, Queens. There's a former brewery being turned into residential condos in Bushwick, Brooklyn. Whole Foods recently opened up in Gowanus.

57th Street in Manhattan is becoming Billionaire's Row, with 4 residential towers over 1,000 feet tall under development.

Transportation has been transformed. There are now taxis in all 5 boroughs. Citi bike is wildly popular.

Finally, setting the stage for future growth, Mike rezoned 40% of the city and has left Bill De Blasio with a balanced budget.

spoken like a true New Yorker--- there are so many other places to live. Now list all the bad things in the city

Last edited by bmwguydc; 12-21-2013 at 01:43 PM..

Old 12-20-2013, 11:55 AM

2,517 posts, read 4,257,598 times
Quote:

I agree. Many people hate on Bloomberg but overall he has been a great mayor. Sure NYC (including all 5 boroughs) has become more expensive but I don't mind paying a little more for a better product. Besides, I'd take expensive NYC (including all 5 boroughs) over run down/ghetto NYC of the 70s & 80s.

I'm very afraid of what De Blasio has in stored for NYC. I hope he doesn't fruck it up!

Last edited by bmwguydc; 12-21-2013 at 01:43 PM..

Old 12-20-2013, 11:59 AM

151 posts, read 218,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
I agree. Many people hate on Bloomberg but overall he has been a great mayor. Sure NYC (including all 5 boroughs) has become more expensive but I don't mind paying a little more for a better product. Besides, I'd take expensive NYC (including all 5 boroughs) over run down/ghetto NYC of the 70s & 80s.
Glad you agree.

Bloomberg is awesome.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:11 PM

25,373 posts, read 37,093,283 times
Can anyone guess what has followed every BOOM?
Hint...it also begins with a B.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:34 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,986,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post

I'm very afraid of what De Blasio has in stored for NYC. I hope he doesn't fruck it up!
Only time will tell. But I don't think de Blasio will government NYC as a soft on crime ultra liberal. His choice of Bill Bratton is telling. De Blasio's reputation would be on the line if he let the city go back to the crack cocaine era of the late 80s.

Old 12-20-2013, 01:34 PM

857 posts, read 1,201,557 times
Quote:

The 5 bouroughs always had taxis. Seems to me that the term "livery cab" is foreign to you........And u must not know about the dollar vans along flatbush ave.

Furthermore, the subways are cleaner, but it would be nice if they brought back the 1-day fun passes......

Last edited by bmwguydc; 12-21-2013 at 01:42 PM..

Old 12-20-2013, 02:08 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,718,910 times
While this is all fine and dandy, most of NYC is beginning to lose it's local flavor. There's hardly anyone left with a real NY accent. Most pizza parlors all taste the same. There's starbucks, bank tellers, and Chipotles every corner. Hardly much local eateries left except for the overpriced or over-rated tourist joints.

Nightlife completely stale and boring. Sidewalks are even harder to walk due to year round tourists. Services at most eateries have gone down in quality because the workers are over worked and underpaid. While these are part of the growing pains of the city. I think there will be a point when NYC stops growing due to lack of space and cost.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:12 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,320,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Can anyone guess what has followed every BOOM?
Hint...it also begins with a B.
Lots of babies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City