Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 12:26 AM

1 posts, read 5,765 times

Advertisements

From the part as if you were taking the 46 bus down(away) from kings plaza, past Utica park on onwards. Is it just me or everything behind Utica park is bad and once you start going pass the park(as if you were going to kings plaza) the area slowly gets better.From Utica park all the way down to East Flatbush is what I'm talking about.I moved in with my cousin and there were about 10 murders that I heard of in a mile radius so far(1 year)and there were also several fights I witnessed,also about every 3 minutes or so theres a cop car(different ones each time) driving around your block. I also ask this because of this forum:
[url=http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=flatland]Urban Dictionary: flatland[/url]
Read the 2nd answer. Excatly how "hood" is this section of Flatlands?
Is it in top 10 for bad neighborhoods? Or am I just overreacting? Should I leave?
Only post if your familiar with this section though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2013, 12:35 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,975,709 times
Just think about the recent mall-mobbing.

Nah, it's not one of the scariest neighborhoods in NYC. I regard it like Canarsie, Cypress Hills-City Line and East Flatbush. I'll let others tell you what they know. I haven't been there in some years since my cousin moved out.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:30 AM

34,082 posts, read 47,278,015 times
I know the area pretty good....but what's Utica Park?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-29-2013, 10:38 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,750,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I know the area pretty good....but what's Utica Park?
That's my old stomping grounds! Had many a fun time in that park!

Old 12-29-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
That's my old stomping grounds! Had many a fun time in that park!
Is that the park on Utica and N?

Old 12-29-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Is that the park on Utica and N?
Yes it is. It is on the corner, and has a basketball court, football/baseball field, and handball court. The sanitation department has a garage across the street. There is a bus depot at the back of the park.

Old 12-29-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Yes it is. It is on the corner, and has a basketball court, football/baseball field, and handball court. The sanitation department has a garage across the street. There is a bus depot at the back of the park.
Oh ok...that neighborhood is safe as hell, why would OP have doubts??

Old 12-29-2013, 11:01 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,006,525 times
1 being the worst and 10 being the least worst - it rates a 7 1/2 or 8 - there has always been a higher crime element . I'd be more concerned if you said you lived by Woodhull Hospital, Brownsville, Bed Stuy, some parts of Fort Greene, East Flatbush, East NY (always bad), Eastern Parkway (eh, eh).

It's just like ShadowMassa says - definitely not the worst, but not the greatest either.

Old 12-29-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Oh ok...that neighborhood is safe as hell, why would OP have doubts??
As you go north on Utica from N park it starts to get pretty bad. You want to stay south and east (mill Basin) and west (Marine Park).

Old 12-29-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
As you go north on Utica from N park it starts to get pretty bad. You want to stay south and east (mill Basin) and west (Marine Park).
I would say Kings Highway/Avenue H is a good dividing line. South of there is still good, north of there time to watch your back.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: